ANGRYSHAWN's 04 CRF250X Conversion info

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

Exnav wrote:I hope that the butt connector was used just to get it mocked up and running and that you went back and soldered and shrink wrapped it. Those butt connectors run a close second to Scotch locks for connection problems due to corrosion.

Not trying to bust balls, but those fockin' things piss me off and I have had multiple issues with them.
deffinately man...that's the only pic i have of it but since then i have soldered it...and tucked it up nicely against the frame...hasn't caused me any problems, but the coil did at one point come lose from it's mount, and was only held in by one side, and it caused the bike to have a serious stutter problem...no top end whatsoever, it took me about an hour to figure it out and after i did the bike was running unlike anything i ever felt, and then i went and broke my ankle about 2 hours later...i guess you gotta pay to play on these bikes...
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Cool....sucks about your ankle though.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

ya man i'm going to get a copy of my xray one of these days and post the picture up here...i've had 2 major surgeries on it, and i'm full of metal now, 2 huge plates with 15 screws holding my shit together...in the xray all you can see is metal shooting out everywhere...it's not pretty, and chances are i'll never be able to do lots of things i used to enjoy, like sports etc...but as long as i can throw a boot on my foot i'm riding next year!!!

PAY TO PLAY!!!!
chachi243

hmm

Post by chachi243 »

well i ended up putting the coil in where Bob did, although i mounted it directly to where the battery went as i didnt have his bitchen' bracket.... AngryShawn picked it up last nite on his way up north from his holiday desert trip..... i dont have any more pics to add really but its finished on my end... i left him the airbox mod and the tank mod as they are a pain in the ass and he wanted to obviously partake in some of the fabrication himself..... he said he'll post pictures as he gets it going together..... the pipe silencer pics helped out a lot and i got that stuff dialed in for him..... Just wanted to shout out a big thanks to the fellow hoons for advice/support and Shawn s for the opportunity to handbuild another HRC style cradle..... happy new year fokkers!!! McD
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: hmm

Post by AlisoBob »

chachi243 wrote:well i ended up putting the coil in where Bob did
:woot: :woot: :woot:
LAYNFRM

Re: hmm

Post by LAYNFRM »

chachi243 wrote: Just wanted to shout out a big thanks to the fellow hoons for advice/support and Shawn s for the opportunity to handbuild another HRC style cradle..... happy new year fokkers!!! McD
wanna do another one? :cool:
05 CR500AF Plated Supermotard/dual sport
01 XR650R Plated Supermotard
07 CRF80 mini-motard w/115 big bore
08 Polaris RZR
AngryShawn

Finished!

Post by AngryShawn »

Today was my 4th ride on the bike. Each time I go out I have more fun than last time. Big thanks to:
Chachi243 for the awesome fabrication work
TTM for the head mod
Bob for the site
All you hoons for the inspiration and information
Lots of photos here:
http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo25 ... /AFCR500X/
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

SWEET, needs a wash though. :lol: :lol: :lol:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

na, a dirty dirtbike is a happy dirtbike! :D :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Jeff4510

Post by Jeff4510 »

do you have a link to al these pics still? I am starting the same thing and would love to see them! thanks!

dannygraves wrote:here is marshalls silencer
I welded a small 1/4'" stock strip, then drilled and tapped it with a M6 and used a stock cr500 rear pipe mount on the rear of the silencer. came out nice and there is plenty of room for a Q. Plus since I angles both motors so far forward all the exhaust lined up well and I didn't have to modify any of the exhaust.
here is how I did the water hoses w/o modifying the rads. I used the cr500 oem upper hoses and the crf uper rad hose and a '02-'04 crf 450 water adapter which was the perfect diameter for all 3 hoses.

started modding stock headstay

started airbox with lexan

headstay before cleanup

coil mount location done with 1/4" strips and drilled and tapped
CDI

wiring before cleanup, only 2 coil wires were lengthened

my silencer all mounted up

another coil shot

finished marshalls airbox using gen-1 125 boot (best fit for R subframe)