how to get 75hp

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

aloha450x wrote:this shit is too complicate for me. im gonna call glen. haha

Good call man!
LOVEMYCR500

Post by LOVEMYCR500 »

I'm not dishing your combo I was just making a point that to make this kind of power a guy would need more radical port timings. If I were to port mine I would be in the same range as you are 190-192 on the exhaust with the same 32 degrees of blow down on the transfers but I have a hard enough time haning on to the stock porting right now
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

if your going to pay somebody to do it, you want real world results of what your getting for your money. talk is cheap and anybody can blow smoke up your ass on the computer or over the phone. talk to slomas, he has real video of his in action :wink: . its one of the best running bikes ive seen, but i havent seen dannys run yet :lol:
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Who did the port work on his bike?
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Pete Loomis
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Personally, I have never had a need to port out a 500, but I have been thinking about doing this one for fun. It's good to hear of different places and opinions on the performace from each place. Cool.
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

what about if you moved the rod 3mm out on the crank, spaced the cylinder up 3mm. how many cc's would that give ya? or just have a custon rod made 3mm's longer. so 89 bore with a 82 stroke.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

aloha450x wrote:what about if you moved the rod 3mm out on the crank, spaced the cylinder up 3mm. how many cc's would that give ya? or just have a custon rod made 3mm's longer. so 89 bore with a 82 stroke.
lengthening the rod doesnt change the cc. if you moved the crank pin out 3mm with 89mm bore you would have 529cc
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

I think I got it figured out. from what I hear thekart guys ?use a 560 cylinder don't know what size piston but it big. stock bore and stroke. the space the cylinder up cause the sleve is a bit long. so take the cylinder take the spacing ad move that distince on the rod on the crank the same amount. then port and polish, nikisil, balance the crank. done. now what to get this cylinder. ayone heard of it?
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

I think I got it figured out. from what I hear thekart guys ?use a 560 cylinder don't know what size piston but it big. stock bore and stroke. the space the cylinder up cause the sleve is a bit long. so take the cylinder take the spacing ad move that distince on the rod on the crank the same amount. then port and polish, nikisil, balance the crank. done. now what to get this cylinder. ayone heard of it?
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

you drunk ? maybe some some sleep is what you need :lmao:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ading displacement is not what a cr500 motor needs, it doesn't even come close to taking full advantage of its existing displacement. compare it to a cr250, or yz or rm, it isn't that much faster for having twice the displacement. if honda tuned a 500 the same way they tune a 250 it would be an unrideable rocket ship.
getting the 500 motor to build power in higher rpms is the secret to getting some real power out of it. let her breathe with some serious air and fuel, get a pipe that will build power in the right rpm range and port the shit out of it. theres no reason to squeez more CCs out of it. A good example of what I'm talking about is the sabre jug... its 500ccs tuned like a 250 and trx guys get 90+hp off it and blow up trannys with it. theres is no way in hell anyone could ride with that setup on a bike on an mx track.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
bwh998

Post by bwh998 »

Joshwfl wrote:
aloha450x wrote:you mean i can port this bitch myself?
Just don't do this:
is that cylinder for sale, because i have the perfect piston to go in it:

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

bwh998 wrote:
is that cylinder for sale, because i have the perfect piston to go in it:

:shock: what the hell did that come out of? from mexico? I seen a dude drop a valve in a 350, took the pushrods out and put a wooden "piston" in it and drove from mexico to canada!
Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

That's the coolest photo of a piston I've ever seen. I think it ingested a wire harness!
bwh998

Post by bwh998 »

that piston is from a kawi h2 that rb bought. he said it had a little piston slap so he tore it down and thats what he found...
MrDude_1

Post by MrDude_1 »

dannygraves wrote:ading displacement is not what a cr500 motor needs, it doesn't even come close to taking full advantage of its existing displacement. compare it to a cr250, or yz or rm, it isn't that much faster for having twice the displacement. if honda tuned a 500 the same way they tune a 250 it would be an unrideable rocket ship.
getting the 500 motor to build power in higher rpms is the secret to getting some real power out of it. let her breathe with some serious air and fuel, get a pipe that will build power in the right rpm range and port the shit out of it. theres no reason to squeez more CCs out of it. A good example of what I'm talking about is the sabre jug... its 500ccs tuned like a 250 and trx guys get 90+hp off it and blow up trannys with it. theres is no way in hell anyone could ride with that setup on a bike on an mx track.[b/]

then again, we're not riding the 500 on a MX track. we're not even off road... we have the room to use the power, and honestly, it could use a lil more.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

bwh998 wrote:that piston is from a kawi h2 that rb bought.

Poor thing....

I love H2's...

:oops:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

yes, I couldn't agree more, but the point I was making is these bikes were designed as MX bikes to be ridden on MX tracks, that is why honda detuned the hell out of the thing to keep it rideable in the application it was sold for. If honda built bikes intended for sand drags, we'd probably see a design similar to the sabre jug and nothign like our stock jug.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

EVERY YEAR, The factory riders asked to "Tone it Down!!"
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

ya, and the same time they looked for smaller guys to be light, but they didnt have the nads to wick it out
MrDude_1

Post by MrDude_1 »

dannygraves wrote:yes, I couldn't agree more, but the point I was making is these bikes were designed as MX bikes to be ridden on MX tracks, that is why honda detuned the hell out of the thing to keep it rideable in the application it was sold for. If honda built bikes intended for sand drags, we'd probably see a design similar to the sabre jug and nothign like our stock jug.
this answer intrigues me... not because of the first part, i already realise that.. but because i have no idea what a sabre jug is, yet i now think i want one.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

http://www.saberracing.com/
:twisted:
500cc kit for trx250, guys in the sand drags blow up their trannys pounding 90hp through some paddles :twisted: :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

so why not take a trx250 with a saber jug and drop it in a cr500af chassis?
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:wink: Bob and I were talking about that like a year ago! have the bitchen lighting coil, 6 speed trans, balance shafts, insane power and drop it all in a gen-4 chassis... would be the ultimate bike :twisted:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80