how to get 75hp

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
aloha450x

how to get 75hp

Post by aloha450x »

?? what the most reliable way? wanta keep the stroke close to 79mm to prevent vibs. what's the biggest you can punch it out?
britincali

Post by britincali »

Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
kkvslayer

Re: how to get 75hp

Post by kkvslayer »

aloha450x wrote:?? what the most reliable way? wanta keep the stroke close to 79mm to prevent vibs. what's the biggest you can punch it out?
Isn't your bike a Motard?call me crazy but do you really need more power?shouldn't gearing be enough?
1994 Heartless CR500R
1986 KX500
xtremeslide

Re: how to get 75hp

Post by xtremeslide »

Man you should listen what Brit saids, his bike gives out 185bhp
CR500R
V-MAX 1200
britincali

Post by britincali »

I wish....

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i dont see a way to significantly increase the peak hp and still have it manageable on the street. n02 isnt a option unless you have a deathwish. erics mo betta might be good for a street machine but it wont be near 75hp
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I think hp numbers are stupid, a bike with ten zillion hp isn't going any faster that a 40hp bike if you can't hang on.
the biggest difference for me came out of 250cdi, 41mm powerjet carb, appropriate pipe for the rpm range... the old fmf fatty pipe that they don't sell anymore is bitchen!
the funny thing is the bike feels really fast, but racing justin on his 450, I take him by a few lengths every time, but on my mostly stock gen-4 he gets me by 1-2 lengths, so really, it is faster, but its all relative.
now, Brit, don't start going off about how slow my bike is, that was all lack of rider skill and not the machines fault :wink: you can call me a shitty rider, but that bike is anything but slow :lol: :lol:

porting is a good way to move the power around. on a SM bike, I would port it to extreme * ranges to shift the power into higher rpm range, that will make it more controlable and faster and mellow out the gnarly 500 rpm looping action.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

yeah it s street supermoto. i have the 250 stator setup already. pc pipe flattrack intake. 39 pwk. dont get me wrong she runs like a rapped ape but to be honest it thought it would be more. i have the susspension dialed in so im set in that department. im rolling on slick so it is hard as hell to get her to break loose. i have no idea what kinda ponys it puts out in basic stock form but i could use a good 10 to 15 horses. now just for the record i have been riding my whole life and used to big power bikes. this one has wayyyyy more than my built crf450x or feels that way, but like i said a few more ponys would put me power wise where i want to be.
britincali

Post by britincali »

I was only ribbin ya on the bike danny, all the power dont help for shit when you cant get on it, just look at the way stoffers raped me at pismo :lol:

The way something feels ( the butt dyno) can be really off, look at any turbo car, it could do 16 second quater mile but when the boost first comes on it feels really quick. IMO a powerband on a 2stroke is a lot like that. When I first got my truck I slapped an open filter on it, the blower became a screaming monster and it felt a shitload quicker, on the dyno I gained 2hp :roll:

IMHO Fast = 80 % rider skill, 10% power, 10% gearing. (in the drags)

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

aqreed. power is nothing without control. you can have all the power in the world but if you can put it to the ground it is useless, or if you cant use it. useless
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Kind of off topic, but in the dirt my 650l feels totaly kick ass, powerful, fast but when I get back out on the highway, it's like where did all the power go? Copared to cars and trucks accelerating off the line.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i have a idea if your dead set on making it go faster. call danny and get his port numbers from his bike. go to home depot get a dremel and porting attachment, make a degree wheel and put it on the flywheel then mark out the numbers with pencil or black marker, then pull the cylinder and start grinding. should be able to complete it in a saturday
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

you mean i can port this bitch myself?
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Personally, I know a few people that have tried that, and unless you have somekind of idea of what your doing or trying to accomplish, you'll be buying a new cylinder.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

yup. it is best to have a basic understanding of what your doing. but if you dont get carried away theres no harm. if danny will give you his magic port numbers youll be all cool, and he could probly give you pics to help also :lol: :lol:
xtremeslide

Post by xtremeslide »

That's control!!!!!!! maybe you didn't see in the other post but actually is a camo CR 500 +100...bhp

CR500R
V-MAX 1200
Joshwfl

Post by Joshwfl »

aloha450x wrote:you mean i can port this bitch myself?
Just don't do this:
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

who in the fuck did that?????
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

sure, you can port yourself, just be careful and cautious, its better to remove too little than too much.
I did 190*ex and 135*in which basically was raising all the ports 3mm or so. I have a nice collection of all the porting pict I could find to use as a reference for what the pros do as far as shaping.
the trick is the right tools. and electric 1/4' grinder is wonderfiul, you can use all the air bits, but with speed control and so compressor charging. I got mine from harbor freight, but it was single speed @ like 30,000rpm, so I hooked a dimmer light switch to it :D then there are 2 main bit types I use, there were the rotary files from sears, they remove large amounts of aluminum very quickly, then the porting sanding rolls. they look like rolled up sand paper that goes on a threaded shaft. I get then from harbor freight, or summit. They come in different grits, thicknesses, lengths, etc. all in one package. stay away from the carbide bits, they will make your work sloppy since they cut fine lines.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
CR480R

Post by CR480R »

aloha450x wrote:who in the fuck did that?????
I think I saw those pics on the quadracerhq.com... the guy was in like iranian or something... that was the first stage of his work.. it got worse..
Current bikes- 1983 CR480
Former bike- 1990 CR500
LOVEMYCR500

Post by LOVEMYCR500 »

190 on the exhaust and 135 on the transfers won't get you 75 hp on race gas in my opinion. You will probably need to be in the 196 range on the exhaust and set the transfers with 32 degrees of blow down time. You are going to need to rev this motor to make that kind of power. I would lighten the heck out of the piston and I would rebuild the crank yearly to make sure you don't break a rod with the kind of RPM's you are going to pull. This will make the torque peak higher so I think this combo would kind of suck coming out of the slow corners but will screem on the straights. I would run 15:1 compression as well. Will need a 44 mm carb and probably a better custom pipe as well.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

definitly have the dome reshaped too.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

LOVEMYCR500 wrote:190 on the exhaust and 135 on the transfers won't get you 75 hp on race gas in my opinion. You will probably need to be in the 196 range on the exhaust and set the transfers with 32 degrees of blow down time. You are going to need to rev this motor to make that kind of power. I would lighten the heck out of the piston and I would rebuild the crank yearly to make sure you don't break a rod with the kind of RPM's you are going to pull. This will make the torque peak higher so I think this combo would kind of suck coming out of the slow corners but will screem on the straights. I would run 15:1 compression as well. Will need a 44 mm carb and probably a better custom pipe as well.
well, I think we all agreed the 75hp number was thrown out the window, I was merely stating what I ported my jug to.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

this shit is too complicate for me. im gonna call glen. haha
torque monster

Post by torque monster »

Glenn is awesome to deal with, and is more than fair on price. I'm sure he can get some more HP for you.

aloha450x wrote:this shit is too complicate for me. im gonna call glen. haha