exhaust timing and deck height ?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
100hp honda

exhaust timing and deck height ?

Post by 100hp honda »

im coming up with roughly 185 on the exhaust for new style stock jug. anyone tried 195-200 ? also im seeing near 0 deck height on the piston, which seems right because i remeber the stock head haveing alot of squish.....i dont have a stock head to measure but does the 0 height sound right ???
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

What brand or thickness of base gasket are you using? wiseco/cometic?oem? prox? theyre all different thicknesses when compressed
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I'm running 190* you'll see how she runs at dumont! :cool:
I was running near 0, then dewayne told me not to and modified the squish for me, said that would cause detonation and not improve power.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Or you could just bolt it together and ride it. :roll: Port timing, squish band, deck height, bunch of hooey if you ask me. If the piston fits, fire it up and go blast! :o
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:What brand or thickness of base gasket are you using? wiseco/cometic?oem? prox? theyre all different thicknesses when compressed
i only use oem base gaskets. ill torque everything down this weekend and get accurate idea of deck clearance, i just eye balled it without being torqued and it looked about 0
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

dannygraves wrote:I'm running 190* you'll see how she runs at dumont! :cool:
I was running near 0, then dewayne told me not to and modified the squish for me, said that would cause detonation and not improve power.
2 base gaskets to increase piston deck clearance, then cut new head to get back the desired squish. maybe dewayne was thinking this ??

this is cool info, check it out http://www.2strokeheads.com/tech1.htm
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

that link is worthless without pictures.. Im more of a visual learner lol
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i like pictures to visualize it better also :lol: but oh well. that link does say some things that make you wonder though...like how the machinist knows what to do if he only has the jug and not the complete motor ?

how will the machinist know these things without the complete motor there ?

1- what port timings you really have without being able to put degree wheel on it ?

2- piston deck hieght ?...if you dont know this, then how will you really know what the squish will be ???

3- variances in cylinder castings ?

4- piston heights ?

5- actual conecting rod lengths ?

6- base gasket thickness ?
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

100hp honda wrote:
dannygraves wrote:I'm running 190* you'll see how she runs at dumont! :cool:
2 base gaskets to increase piston deck clearance, then cut new head to get back the desired squish. maybe dewayne was thinking this ??

this is cool info, check it out http://www.2strokeheads.com/tech1.htm
yeah, I ended up raising the deck. I put a long rod in my '86 motor and used the cometic spacer. the spacer comes with a specieal thin gasket which is a different part number. instead I used 2 standard gaskets.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80