A short little story.....

Express YOUR point, no pissing matches.

List sources whenever possible!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

teemtrubble wrote:Oh I forgot one thing FMF did say if I wanted one of their pipes to call Service Honda!
:rotfl:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

teemtrubble wrote:Oh I forgot one thing FMF did say if I wanted one of their pipes to call Service Honda! :screwy:
If you did, they would prolly' ship the wrong one anyways....

Service Honda "Parts Dept Training Seminar"
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

teemtrubble wrote:Oh I forgot one thing FMF did say if I wanted one of their pipes to call Service Honda! :screwy:
So let me get this straight.....FMF is loyal to Service Honda and won't sell you, but at the same time are showing loyalty to a distributor that shows no loyalty to FMF while selling PC too. :lame:
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Yep... you got it Exnav!

I think SH pushs FMF harder than PC...

The manufacturers are watching this thread take my word on it so tell them how you feel fella's!

Tell people on the boards about this thread have them write in if I need to pay for other tooling set ups what ever I'm sure PC will help me with that.
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
pimp559

Post by pimp559 »

Well, here is my 2cents. My wife and I are the owners of our own corporation. When we do buisness with anyone it is always by contract or no service. I would bet anything that SH has a contract with FMF that only allows FMF to sell AF pipes to SH (copyrights). So if FMF goes and sells there pipes to another vendor then SH has all rights to sue them in court and would win hands down if FMF didn't abide by there contract. It's plain and simple, FMF's hands are tied. Why else do you think you don't see new AF pipes on ebay and every where else for sale new? PC probably doesn't have the same binding contract. I think both pipe companies have great pipes, but this is a specialty pipe and you must keep that in mind before you kick FMF under the bus. I ordered my new FMF from SH last wednesday, can't wait to drop this rusty/cracked PC for my new Burly.
Member #1 Obama haters club (join below)
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... highlight=

If it ain't a CR500, your not worthy!!!
Friends don't let friends ride steelies!

Parenthood is a controlled state of insanity!!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

If FMF ( as the manufacturer) is being leveraged by S/H ( as the distributor).... FMF needs a new lawyer...

FMF's New Company Logo
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

I thought FMF only made the Gnarly now for the CR500's

I am also the owner of several corporations in the manufacturing industry one of which has been in business for 50 years this past December so I know maybe a thing or two about a thing or two...but a far cry from everything.

As for copyrights that's like Honda saying they have a copyright to the OEM pipe! That's not the case...

What they said was "They (FMF) need to be sensitive to Service Honda's needs they are a good customer" then I replied so I'll buy the minumun 25 pipes and pay for tooling and set up the guy helping me said he would talk to the owner again and call me back...Not with a price mind you with a yes or no... I said that mainly to see what type of response I would get that was a week ago tomorrow....

I tried calling again today...
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
pimp559

Post by pimp559 »

I'm sure FMF has already talked to there lawyer. I'm sure when they signed the contract they didn't realize how big the market would grow for this pipe. You can't forget SH was the pioneer in the AF buisness either. You can bet your ass FMF would sell to other vendors if they legally could. They've gotta know its not good making a monopoly out of SH.

Exnav

Post by Exnav »

teemtrubble wrote:
What they said was "They (FMF) need to be sensitive to Service Honda's needs they are a good customer"
This statement tells me that they are under no obligation to limit their distribution of the pipe, outside of any intellectual property issues that SH might have claim to.

Being "sensitive to" and being under contractual obligation are two totally different scenarios.

I work with a motorcycle warehouse distributor that builds aftermarket V-Twin engines. The company that I represent was asked to give this builder some time in the market using our products before we went into other engine builders of the same type to sell our product. We never were asked to sign a contract of exclusivity, nor would we have, but I did heed their wishes and we have not approached another engine builder to date and that is about to change.

Exclusives are almost never given in the parts side of the business that I am involved in.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
pimp559

Post by pimp559 »

Keep in mind also SH may have some kind of rights over the "AF" name which is what the pipe is probably referred to by FMF. I'm just guessing this all could be a scinario. :?: :D Until I see other vendors selling the AF pipe, I think I'm incline to believe this though.

redridermv

Post by redridermv »

Just my 2 cents... When I ordered my SH AFX they just asked me for my pipe preference PC or FMF and did not care one way or the other.
I went with PC as that is the only pipe I have ever ran on all of my 2 strokes other than a Bassani way back in the day on my 185s 3 wheeler punched out to a 205.
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Ya know what, forget FMF, there are tons of pipe builders out there. FMF is a outdated old out of touch company, all the better SH has a deal with then. They are the past!.

Man knock on some doors of the small guy's who want your business and who will work with you and build a modern pipe that will pull from the bottm to the top way better then a FMF. I know because I have one that was custom built for one of my bikes. I won't post any builders here was FMF and others don't need those details but if you don't know them, PM me.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

pimp559 wrote:You can't forget SH was the pioneer in the AF buisness either.
100% untrue.

The name escapes me now, Shanman knows....
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Micky Kessler? I don't know why that name popped into my head but....
Last edited by teemtrubble on March 31st, 2008, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

pimp559 wrote:Keep in mind also SH may have some kind of rights over the "AF" name
This has been debated more than prayer in school.

S/H has NEVER demonstrated any legal rights to the term A/F, even after countless requests to do so.

A search on here has never revealed any trademark / service mark on record.

http://www.uspto.gov/main/trademarks.htm
britincali

Post by britincali »

Im calling it AF trademark or not, fuk em.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

I don't want my conversions to be mistaken for someone else's bike's so I don't call them "AF's" :wink:

teem trubble works CR500
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

TT W.O.R.K.$.

Will

Outperform

Regardless

of

Kind

or

$
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Hahaha...

You better save me some of those meds your taking!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
pimp559

Post by pimp559 »

IT will be interesting to see if FMF responds any further with TT. I think it would be great for every beer can owner if more places sold this sought after bolt on pipe. The price would have to come down. I think if someone came out with a new pipe made out of this new space age high heat plastic that was clear it would be sweet. Night rides would be off the hook!! :D

teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Tried calling back again today the guy helping me said he'd try to get back to me in a couple of days.... :?
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Finally heard back from Joey Martinez at FMF very cool cat went to bat for me with the owner and he said "I don't want to jepordize our relationship with SH so we won't be able to do business with teem trubble and if teem trubble needs a pipe to call SH" Do you guy's believe that communist bullshit!

Anyway's, mention you read this thread when you guys call me to order a PC pipe or silencer and get 10% off SH's retail price on pipes and silencers and that includes the pipes that bolt on their bikes!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Scared companies often behave in irrational ways....

I would say you got um' worried Mike!

:wink:
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

I thought that before but, didn't believe it...

Now I'm gonna :spank:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Yep thats BS
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"