A short little story.....

Express YOUR point, no pissing matches.

List sources whenever possible!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

A short little story.....

Post by AlisoBob »

Many of you know I own my own construction company.. it is the last thing that I think would ever happen.... but I had no choice..

See, my wife was the sales agent for an existing company specializing in composite exterior trimwork. She took that company from 1 million to 5 million in sales in 2 years. She could sell toothpaste to Britincali, given 1/2 a chance. :wink:

So anyways... she gets fired by the boss's new wife, so her worthless son can "run" the existing contracts my wife set up, pay him $80k a year, ( More than he would EVER see anywhere else) and pocket the six figure difference. Nice huh?

Baba Boom, Badda Bing.. Now were in the construction businness too.

The bank loaned me $250k against my house to start the business.( I know Iggy thinks the banks are the devil... I kiss my banks ass everyday of my life. I couldnt have done anything with out them!!)

Long story short? 80% of the customers and vendors could not have done more to help us out. We were given the same treatment and terms as the company my wife left to create a level playing field... and let the marketplace decide which business could thrive and grow. 3 years ago, their was enough business for BOTH companies to thrive.

The other company put most of thier efforts into a "smear" campagin against us, and scare their vendors that if they did businees with me, they would pull the work away from that vendor.

As it stands now, we have , by far, the majority of the work in So-Cal, and contuine to take work away from the other company. The vendors who mearly agreeded to give us a level playing field thrive off our business, and the vendors who gave into the scare tatics are going down, some allready closed.

What does this have to do with CR500Riders.com?

I was told that FMF refused to do business with Teem Trubble Motorsports due to their connection with Service Honda. All Mike was looking for was a company to supply him with pipes... NO DICE!

Pro Circuit on the other hand, is working with Mike, and giving him the same "level playing field" for him to enter the market place. No special favors, just what they would offer anybody looking to do business.

I have always been a FMF guy, I think back to the early days with Jeff Stanton flying high in their magazine ad's. P/C always seemed like the "corporate" sponsor, and FMF like the local bike shop. Dont know why, its just the way I have allways felt.

Now?

I will never buy another FMF product. Ever.

Not a threat, just a fact. Feel free to join me.

If they cannot suppport what American is founded on.... FREE ENTERPIZE, fuck um!

If S/H and FMF are afraid that tiny little Teem Trubble Motorsports represesnts such a threat, perhaps they need to re-examine their own business models.

I say a big THANK YOU to Pro Circuit for supporting Mike in his start up business.

Pro Circuit Rules!!!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Ya, I'm pissed at FMF anyway, I e-mailed then about their discontinued "fatty" pipe and even told them that people were going to PC for a higher reving pipe since they no longer offer the fatty. I did not even get a response! :evil:
I have to admit, I do not like the way they are conducting business.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

I'm with you brother!
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Kick ass Bob I am glad your business is kicking ass.

That sucks that FMF is doing that to TT. They won't be seeing any of my business. Atleast both my bikes already have PC pipes on them.
britincali

Post by britincali »

Ive never been a fan of FMF anyway and if I had the choice of either for free it would be PC all the way.

Oh and bob your wifes toothpaste would have to be cheaper than anyone elses :wink:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
mxracr121

Post by mxracr121 »

If I were Service Honda, I WOULD be afraid of Teemtrubble. He builds a better product, plain and simple.
Too much of a puss for a 500!

www.approvedpainting.net
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Hmmmmmmmmm.... seams maybe a year or 2 ago I posted a semi rant about FMF, how they as a company sucked regardless of the product they sold. Well the vast majority seemed to think I was out of line.

Well maybe, just maybe I was not so out of line.
FMF is a joke, said it before now I'll say it again FMF is a joke.

OK here is one more for the recored Pro-Flo is a joke... Beware!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

mxracr121 wrote:Teemtrubble builds a better product, plain and simple.
:woot: :woot: :woot:

:headbang:
Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

Bitchin' that's fantastic they're willing to work with Mike. I'm even happier with the platinum/silencer combo on my CR. Now if we could only get them to make an equivalent to the FMF Gnarly!
iggys-amsoil

Re: A short little story.....

Post by iggys-amsoil »

AlisoBob wrote: The bank loaned me $250k against my house to start the business.( I know Iggy thinks the banks are the devil... I kiss my banks ass everyday of my life. I couldnt have done anything with out them!!)
Gota do what ya gota do man.

I feel the love. :lol:

I thought SH were using PC pipes.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Blusmbl wrote: Now if we could only get them to make an equivalent to the FMF Gnarly!
I not saying anything on that one!

:eatdrink:
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

I've been using PC pipes since the '80s and have been compltely satisfied. Just replaced the FMF on my 500 AF with one and feel even better about it now. :nanna:
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Right on Ill buy my next pipe from Mike
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Remember when they used to burn big piles of Elvis Presley records, cuz they were "The Work of the Devil!!"??

Stay tuned......

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Thanks guy's for the support...

I even offered to buy the minimun order which is 25 pipes pay for tooling and set up and they said they'd have to call me back...WTF! is that shit?

I have a hard time saying no to people who want to throw money at me I just say "It's 10 weeks out!" hahaha...

Stay tuned for more...
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Mike, any chance you could talk to P/C about building this style pipe for the 500?

http://www.procircuit.com/store/pc/view ... oduct=1196

Platinum 2 Pipe Specs....

Design and construction, strength and performance - these are the key elemenets of the Platinum 2 Pipe. It's increased low-end and mid-range horsepower enable it to take you to a new level.The Platinum 2 pipe was made for people who ride or race off-road. Constructed from heavy-duty 18- gauge metal, it offers increased protection from rock or crash damage.
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Talked to Dan at Pro Circuit already stay posted fella's...

I've always been a PC guy but, just dealing with Dan and PC they're a bitchen company to work with! I feel it's a superior product by far!

Everyone here should chime in let PC know how you feel we may all get what were looking for and make this a win win situation for all of us.
Last edited by teemtrubble on March 31st, 2008, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I'd like to see more pipe selection as well. everyone makes a lowend or mid pipe for the 500... it would be cool if there were more options. Although with the platinum and possibly the platinum 2, that would be great, a lowend pipe and a mid pipe... I guess the topend pipes will still have to be custom though...
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

It might be cool if they offered a pipe with the rear mount included, but loose.

There are so many homebuilds going on, it would be a no brainer...

Order the pipe
Mark where the rear mount will go.
Weld it ( or take it to someone)

Done!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

that messes up the plating there though Bob... I think they should make an A/F pipe that just doesn't have any rear mount on it and has a type of hose clamp with a mount attached so you could easily relicate the mount to anywhere on the stinger section.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

I think they should pack their pipes in bubble wrap before they place in the plastic bag. My coating got dinged up in transit.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

dannygraves wrote:that messes up the plating there though Bob...
I was thinking the "Works" pipe ...
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

that would be cool for the works pipe! :D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

That's the one's I run! teem trubble "Works" CR500 mang!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Oh I forgot one thing FMF did say if I wanted one of their pipes to call Service Honda! :screwy:
Last edited by teemtrubble on March 31st, 2008, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)