Street legal thread. Pics...CBR600 Rim. Done!!!

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Caseys500

Street legal thread. Pics...CBR600 Rim. Done!!!

Post by Caseys500 »

I have a moose Volt pack regulator...
1. how exactly does it wire in and where should I put/mount it? (hehe, I said mount)

2. The handlebar switches dont have a common ground...I have to make one and ground everything through it right?

3. Where can I get brake sensors to trigger the brake light? (links maybe)

4. I have to run the regulated power into the handlebar switches (which relays it to the headlight, signals and horn) and to the brake sensors (which complete the circuit when the brakes are used to trigger the tail light), is that all?

5. Then run all grounds into one and ground everything at one spot...Sound about right? (I guess this is essentially the same question as 2.)
TIA
Casey
Last edited by Caseys500 on April 13th, 2008, 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Say hallo to my little friend, Mr. CR 500.
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Go to:

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/

All will the info you need is there from total loss, AC/DC, DC
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

bigpower

Post by bigpower »

My 01 is currently getting the treatment, more a disguise than anything but enough for a plate.

Got my stuff from www.steahlyoffroad.com

They got it all, pressure switches, the whole 9 .

I mount the regulator to the subframe, between the airbox and the fender. Gotta protect it from the nastiness which is trailriding. Are you making your own custom harness, or are you going to purchase a pre-made universal?

The set-up I'm running is only 35w, but since I discovered some super tough LED tailight bulb that draw a whole watt, the lights aren't really to bad.
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
Caseys500

Post by Caseys500 »

bigpower wrote:My 01 is currently getting the treatment, more a disguise than anything but enough for a plate.

Got my stuff from www.steahlyoffroad.com

They got it all, pressure switches, the whole 9 .
Awesome site...they have everything...and when you call, you get an actual person. Ordered my stuff through them and their lighting coil that I need is $45 less then any others I have seen, Thanks!
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

Caseys500 wrote: Awesome site...they have everything...and when you call, you get an actual person. Ordered my stuff through them and their lighting coil that I need is $45 less then any others I have seen, Thanks!
Lights, camera, action!
If you're gonna go the 35w route, get the LED taillight bulb. I don't know what you need to do to your machine in your neck of the woods, but most states require working lights whether the bike is running or not. But you could rig up a small battery set up just to get you past inspection.
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
Caseys500

Post by Caseys500 »

Here is my bike...It has been in my apartment all winter so dont mind all the other stuff in the background... :lol:

[/img]
Caseys500

Post by Caseys500 »

UFO plastics with headlight and taillight.
Acerbis handguards with integrated signal lights.
Ebay handlebar lighting/signal switches from Peak Motors.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Nice
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
ou812

Post by ou812 »

What about tire?
Caseys500

Post by Caseys500 »

maybe you have seen my thread on supermotojunkie.com I am having a CBR600 F2 17" mag rear wheel machined down to fit in the swingarm. It is white...I will get a either a 150 or 160 tire for it and probably just put an enduro tire on the front and leave it for everything.
Caseys500

Post by Caseys500 »

thanks jay! It will be even better once the snow clears off and actually have my lighting kit! :twisted: I cant wait to see the looks I get flying around the streets!
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Stay with a 150 for a F2 wheel. slide the forks up till they just about hit the bars if your using the stock front wheel
Caseys500

Post by Caseys500 »

ou812 wrote:What about tire?
Here is the bike with the rim on it...the rotor is the exact same size...just a bit thicker :cool:

The rim doesnt have the cush drive on it right now...just fit testing it.

I will have the inner part of the cush spun down and the outer part of the rim that connects to the cush spun down...that way I can keep the cush drive intact...anyone have a 520 sprocket that fits a CBR rim? :D
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

getting the rim to fit is one thing but getting the tire to fit is another. now i dont know about the cr500 swingarms but i can tell ya you will be hard pressed to get anything larger than a 160 back there on a crf450 swingarm.
britincali

Post by britincali »

Cool man! Did you get that regulator mounted?
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Caseys500

Post by Caseys500 »

not yet...I dont have the lighting coil yet (it is on the way)...the regulator I have is slightly different then yours...it wont sit flush against anything...the middle part holds the rest of it off of the metal...I might just mount it where the front number plate mounts since it is already threaded and not being used for anything. :?
Thanks for the help brit!
Caseys500

Post by Caseys500 »

I took the wheel into my uncle to have him machine it. I will be getting a tire on thursday and hopefully I can have the right sprocket on its way to me this week. I will post pics of what needed done etc...I got all my wiring hooked up and hopefully I will start my bike today to make sure everything is working correctly.
Caseys500

Post by Caseys500 »

I mounted my regulator where you did too...where did you run your ground to? I just put it where the number plate used to mount at on the top triple. Do you think that will that serve as a good enough ground or should I run it to the frame???
britincali

Post by britincali »

I ran 2 core wire from the coil and grounded the whole lot at the coil bolt.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Caseys500

Post by Caseys500 »

britincali wrote:I ran 2 core wire from the coil and grounded the whole lot at the coil bolt.
that might end up being what I have to do too.
Caseys500

Post by Caseys500 »

Bike started up and runs great. light works too. Signal lights arent flashing though, they just stay on, do I need to get a flasher or something? I thought the handlebar switches would control that but I was wrong. It still goes from dim to bright though with RPMs but I guess that is to be expected.
Casey
pimp559

Post by pimp559 »

You need a flasher to make the signals work. You can get them here for l.e.d or regular bulbs. http://www.procycle.us/main/dskit.htm
Can't wait to see the tire mounted!!!! :D
Member #1 Obama haters club (join below)
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... highlight=

If it ain't a CR500, your not worthy!!!
Friends don't let friends ride steelies!

Parenthood is a controlled state of insanity!!!!
Caseys500

Post by Caseys500 »

thanks for the link! I'll get pics up on monday...my uncle just called me and said that he has run into a small problem but he says it is within 1/4" of where it needs to be compared to my paddle wheel. I know it can be that much wider distance between the sprocket and rotor because the caliper moves too so it might be just right.
pimp559

Post by pimp559 »

still waiting :D
Member #1 Obama haters club (join below)
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... highlight=

If it ain't a CR500, your not worthy!!!
Friends don't let friends ride steelies!

Parenthood is a controlled state of insanity!!!!