o-ringed heads

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
maddog1927

o-ringed heads

Post by maddog1927 »

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/2732556138.html

neat idea. i like my yz250 oring set up, but it is the cyl that is grooved, which i like better, then I can mill the head at will.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I can o-ring heads or cylinders :wink:
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

how much for a CR head ... you supply the head & o-rings
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
jar944

Post by jar944 »

I've been thinking about this for awhile, it seems like a better solution for tightening up the squish clearance.

I assume the converted head uses the same o-rings as the pro design head?
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

The head gasket has larger holes for the coolant on the exhaust side of the cylinder for more flow, with o-ring, has anyone experienced any issues with the intake side of the cylinder running cooler which may cause an out of round condition?
Or, when o-ringing the head, are the water jacket openings welded and drilled for the corrected flow?
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

HAVE BEEN RUNNING AN O RING HEAD WITH NO PROBLEMS SINCE I BUILT MY AF , FINE WOODS RIDING ,FINE ON MX TRACK AND FINE IN THE DESERT...IN FACT THE BIKE RUNS ABOUT 20 DEGREES COOLER THAN IT DID WITH THE HEAD GASKET ... I BORROWED A QRC HEAD FROM A LOCAL 500 MINI SPRINT RACER, HE HAD AN EXTRA SET OF ORINGS THAT I BOUGHT 15 BUCKS,,, TOOK IT AND THE STOCK HEAD TO A LOCAL MACINE SHOP AND 45 BUCKS LATER IT WAS DONE. HAVE EVEN HAD TO PUT A LITTLE DUCT TAPE ON ON RAD IN 35 TO 40 DEGREE WEATHER TO GET ENOUGH TEMP TO CARBERATE PROPERLY..ONLY TRICK IS YOU NEED A MACHINE SHOP WITH A BIG ASS LATHE TO CHUCK IT UP.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

OUTKAST INC. wrote:HAVE BEEN RUNNING AN O RING HEAD WITH NO PROBLEMS SINCE I BUILT MY AF , FINE WOODS RIDING ,FINE ON MX TRACK AND FINE IN THE DESERT...IN FACT THE BIKE RUNS ABOUT 20 DEGREES COOLER THAN IT DID WITH THE HEAD GASKET ... I BORROWED A QRC HEAD FROM A LOCAL 500 MINI SPRINT RACER, HE HAD AN EXTRA SET OF ORINGS THAT I BOUGHT 15 BUCKS,,, TOOK IT AND THE STOCK HEAD TO A LOCAL MACINE SHOP AND 45 BUCKS LATER IT WAS DONE. HAVE EVEN HAD TO PUT A LITTLE DUCT TAPE ON ON RAD IN 35 TO 40 DEGREE WEATHER TO GET ENOUGH TEMP TO CARBERATE PROPERLY..ONLY TRICK IS YOU NEED A MACHINE SHOP WITH A BIG ASS LATHE TO CHUCK IT UP.
Don't yell at me man, I was just wondering :lol:
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

SORRY ,,, at my body shop our estimating system requires cap locks on all the time and i forget,,,,plus my typing skills suk