Gen 3 exhaust question

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
Ryanjohnson86

Gen 3 exhaust question

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

I'm doing a gen 3 conversion as we speak... My question is I have a big long fmf silencer on it. I want to hack 2-3 inches of the length. Is this going to hurt anything? Also has any one ever had the pipes ceramic coated? What's your thoughts on it?
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

cutting that silencer will likely have it blowing exhasut on the backside of the numberplate and fender
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

Yeah I kinda figured that. I shouldn't loose too much top end by trimming the silencer?
I figure it's going to get repacked any way might as well trim a little fat off...
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

i had ceramic coating done to my calipers on my race car.....the pedal has never fell on the floor since.....they claimed atleast a 15degree temp drop, i aint say'n its so but they are fkn awsome and look brand new with a simple squirt with the hose. :lol:
i'd do it.
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

I'm really thinking about it. I got a quote for coating the pipe and silencer ceramic black it was $150 I figure a new pipe and silencer is double that so it sounds like a good idea. Some one was telling me that the black ceramic coating gets chalky and doesn't look good over time. Is this a true statement?
dubious01

Post by dubious01 »

yeah the black ceramic coating doesn't look good for long, besides its flat and you see a mark evertyplace it was handled, nevermind scratches etc.
I would do the satin myself, just much easier to maintain.
Ryanjohnson86

Post by Ryanjohnson86 »

I though the satin black was the black ceramic coat?
dubious01

Post by dubious01 »

Ryanjohnson86 wrote:I though the satin black was the black ceramic coat?
depends on what manufactureI guess, but I would not use flat black, if it looks like velvet. It will look worn real fast.