Need 02 450 rectangle tube. Y section billit Anyone got?

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
dubious01

Need 02 450 rectangle tube. Y section billit Anyone got?

Post by dubious01 »

That or might have to improvise, not happy with the ugly welds and bubblegum gussets on my new to me AF.

Got miks jig on the way, and pauls brackets.
Will also have tpo make a headstay for it as he has the straight tube ran to the 450 headstay brackets... its not triangulated. 3 minutes anmd my feet were numb...

Its got good components, and good motor to work with, so all is not bad.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

i'm milling shaft the proper size this week for a 03 450 i'm working on. i can cut extra if needed
HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

i'm milling shaft the proper size this week for a 03 450 i'm working on. i can cut extra if needed
Where does this milled shaft fit, that you are working on? I may need some of that Extra??
This Aint no Party, This aint no Disco, This aint no follin around....
blackz34

Re: Need 02 450 rectangle tube. Y section billit Anyone got?

Post by blackz34 »

dubious01 wrote:.
Will also have tpo make a headstay for it as he has the straight tube ran to the 450 headstay brackets... its not triangulated. 3 minutes anmd my feet were numb...
What do you mean by "straight tube" ? Something like the Aussie kit from Shaggy? I would like to see a picture if you have one. I still don't know how I will do mine and I'm looking for any idea (what works and what doesn't).

Thank you
dubious01

Post by dubious01 »

Adam, I'm curious too... are you making an extension off the the shock tower crossmember?
I think thats the only way to get rid of the vibes.
I think the headstay must be strong in a vertical plane as equally as a horizontal, and with brackets extending off the main spars.

Maybe you have an idea I have overlooked, or maybe I am wrong

I will post pics of the current unsatisfactory set up I have tonight.
nmdesertrider

Post by nmdesertrider »

I just welded a block to the cross member and used a set of 250 brackets- much easier then using the 450 mounts.
03 CRF450/85 500
dubious01

Post by dubious01 »

Thats what I was thinking, but I also I haven't got a bigger tank yet but plan to run one, so I am holding off until I see where is needs to be placed to clear a bigger tank.

Any input? pics?
Thats huge area down there behind / above the carb & boot, of wasted space, lots of room for an extra gallon I would think.
nmdesertrider

Post by nmdesertrider »

I had to mold my clarke 3.1 a little bit to clear the bolt on the block, but that was it.
03 CRF450/85 500