Need help for port work!!!

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
powermizer

Need help for port work!!!

Post by powermizer »

Ok I need help again, (whats new!!!) LOL. I want to port my 01 500 for mostly sand hill shooting. I thought I had it figured out, I was going to have Glen at GSS do it, now I am not sure since some of you have said it may not be the best way to go. I have a lectron 44mm carb and CPI sand pipe, 94 250 ignition and flywheel.

Where do you guy's think is best to go and why?

Thanks for the help agin
lots of power is never enough
crf69

Post by crf69 »

GSS
They should take the warning labels off of everything and let stupidity sort itself out.
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

Glen did the cylinder on the main motor I race with, and I'm hoping he'll do another for me this winter. He does great work!
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

maybe packard or K&T?
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

jerry hall does pretty good job also but hes down in AZ and his prices were a bit higher. he did some work for me years ago and that bike stomped some ass. spanked 450's without blinking a eye at glamis. beat a 450 with bigebore kit+cams also. if i were you i would drive over to dennis shop and have a look around. tell him you have the cpi pipe and you want the drag port :D . he aint in the business of doing pussy ass trail ports, he builds alcohol dragsters that haul fuckin ass dude. i would atleast drive over there and see what he can do for ya.
powermizer

Post by powermizer »

Thanks guy's, I'm still open ears!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

powermizer wrote:Thanks guy's, I'm still open ears!!!
Glens work is tip-top, and he's one of only a few shops I know of who can bore a CR500 cylinder straight!

A straight bore is just as important as who you choose to port the thing....
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

if my shit wouldnt beat a kxf450 i would put a stick of dynamite in the gas tank and push it off a cliff :lol: :lol:
powermizer

Post by powermizer »

100hp honda wrote:if my shit wouldnt beat a kxf450 i would put a stick of dynamite in the gas tank and push it off a cliff :lol: :lol:
ouch!!!
powermizer

Post by powermizer »

Does any one have a good report of GSS work. before and after result

I am not trying to start a war, just need your guy's thoughts.

Thanks
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

fastkart
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Robie Peterston kicked ass Hillclimbing, on GSS power.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Ive got a few GSS motors and like em
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
eyesky2002

Post by eyesky2002 »

Had Glen do my top end, sent him all the parts and he did his magic. Rings came back marked for gap and all parts were clean as can and shiny as could be!!! A+++++ experience!

On a side not note had Mrs Gorr do a top end on a friends kids KX85 up to a 100cc. He sent back a different cylinder, had water in it with rust forming with what looked like a trial port (original had a full race port), did the exhaust valve grinding for the over bore, but left the valve all dirty, rusty and carboned up. Piston and rings were never pulled out of the box or plastic to check end gap. Head was one we sent and only cleaned the inside dome, left the outside looking OLD! Runs fine, but piss poor job, give him a D-. Got another story about a KX109 Mrs Gorr built, but I will save that for another time!

THAT SAID SEND IT TO GSS!!!!
"When your riding your living... Everything else is just waiting!"

MXMotoworx.com
2003 Honda CR500AF
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

AlisoBob wrote:Robie Peterston kicked ass Hillclimbing, on GSS power.
i was hoping we could get robbie to chime in on the packard cr500 bike that travis whitlock was riding few years back. website says he dominated the 0-600 class. kind of curious as ive never seen the bike only read about it.
powermizer

Post by powermizer »

Ya but I bet the port job on that bike is different than what Glen is trying to sell me, or is it.
glen howell

Post by glen howell »

Say I'm getting in on the tail end of this I didn't know that I was supposed to be some kind of engine guru I really don't have time to do any work for you .But there is a lot of good porters out there.Gore,Loomis,Darcy,Ruth,I could name a dozen or more .They would be happy to do your work ,If the're not to busy I'm booked up for at least 6 months .You might even try one of the guys on this fourm there is some good porting guys on this fourm,You got 100 H.P.,Billybob,Danny Graves,These are just a few I would recomend.But I'm sure there is several more to help you.I just wouldn't be able to work for you. Glen
gas is for washing parts, alcohol is for drinking,nitro is for racing
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

powermizer wrote:
Ya but I bet the port job on that bike is different than what Glen is trying to sell me, or is it.
guess you wont be getting the gss power :lmao:. im only a few hours from little sahara let me know if you want to meet up sometime ill let you ride some real cr500 horse power from a builder thats had king of the dunes 3 times at oregon sand fest, king of the hill at nevada sand mnt., several national sand drag titles, 2 time world record holder banshee, and thats just a small list.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

I have bought both of Robbies bikes that Glen built for Team Peterson and have a few more that Glen has built for me , like I said I am Happy ..

I also have 2 Pete Lommis bikes an a few parts that Packerd has made they are all great crafsman . sorry to hear Glen cant make time to do your 500 he has forgot more that most have ever known .
Good luck
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

lewisclan wrote:Glen has forgot more that most have ever known .
Good luck
A truer statement hasn't been said
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
glen howell

Post by glen howell »

I was told at dinner on Thanks Giving that I was going to have to go to our store in Bisbee,Az. and run it for a few months for my son Mike. But he called me after he read this post and said he would manage to get by without me. So I will be open for business in Palmdale Thanks guys .Glen
P.S We sell what we race ,And will take on all comers ,Come to JawBone I'll set up the lights and we can have a run off on BUTTERBALL 1200' of real hillclimbing I've never ever seen a Quad racer even try to go up it nun less go up it against a hillclimber on the clock I'm 72 years old but I will have someone out of my 5 sponsered riders they very in different ages 18 to50 years so to be fair to everybody who wants to come and have a run at it.
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

72 fucn hell glenn didnt realise you were of that vintage
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

100hp honda wrote:
powermizer wrote:
guess you wont be getting the gss power :lmao:. im only a few hours from little sahara let me know if you want to meet up sometime ill let you ride some real cr500 horse power from a builder thats had king of the dunes 3 times at oregon sand fest, king of the hill at nevada sand mnt., several national sand drag titles, 2 time world record holder banshee, and thats just a small list.
was this all done on a cr500 or a banshee? you have my attention
glen howell

Post by glen howell »

Yes I don't post often even about my accomplisments over the years In 1989 I won at DeAnza Worlds hillclimbs 1 first and 1second in old timers and super seniors,I tell you we had some good riders in thoes days those old guys were fast, Steve Whitlock , George Sauer,Ron Powell,Don David, Bill Smith,And some I'm to old to remember they were so good I had a brand new 1989 CR-500 with my porting and 78" wheel base.As a young man like back in 1959 and 1960 I was a factory sponsered Harley Davidson A.M.A. Flat Tracker Natl.#23 I was out of it for a while then I got back in as a Hillclimber,And Drag Racer We Draged raced 1/8 mile drags I did quite well as a drag racer never no titles but a lot of fun I think about the best I ever did on a highly modified CR-500 (720cc) was 6 secs. 100mph.We went to the Widow Maker 20 years in a row the best finish I did was 6th place.we also went to the GREAT AMERICAN I BILLINGS ,MT. for 15 years I did a 3rd finish there once I do,nt even rember what year that was ,But that hill up through the groove was and I guess still is one of the toughest hills in the world to climb. But enough about the old days I look forward to seeing you young guys come up and do well.Glen
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

who cares who the best rider is. we all should have a dyno shootout instead :lol: . winner keeps the losers bikes :cool: