fork oil cr250 help

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

fork oil cr250 help

Post by lewisclan »

how much oil gos into the forks on a99 250
britincali

Post by britincali »

I found this on google....

According to my manual:

Forks:

Minimum oil: 11oz. (325cc)
Maximum oil: 14.2oz (420cc)
Standard oil: 12.6oz (373cc)

Compression: 10 clicks out
Rebound: 12 clicks out

Rear Shock:

Compression: 8-11 clicks out
High Speed compression: 2 3/4-3 1/4 turns out
Rebound: 11-13 clicks out
Race sag: 3.9"
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

thanks bro
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

mine had 350cc in them and 175cc in the inner chamber.
after I pulled the clickers out it was a little soft so I refilled to 375cc.

after taking the cap off and draining them, take a 19mm socketand loosen the lower cap where the rebound adjustment is.
compress the fork so that the rod and cap pop out the bottom then use the special tool (or in my case a 9/16 open end wrench) to keep the rod out. place your 17mm open end wrench on the lock nut and your 19mm socket back on the cap and remove it. pull out the inner rod so it doesn't slide out. pull out the specialty tool, flip the fork and revove the whole inner chamber and rod. place middle of inner chamber in vice. REMOVE SET SCREW that is an allen head in the side of the main cap, them remove the cap.
pull the pistom out.
take it out of the vice and dump the oil and pump to get it all out.
after flushing, fill it about 180cc. with it back in the vice sitting verticle and the rod all the way in put the cap back on, it should push the rod all the way back out and let out a fart sound at the bottom when the air comes out the over flow holes past the piston. if the rod doesn't came all way out you don't have enough fluid. (I pushed back and forth until I could feel that the pston was completely on the fluid without any air. mine dumped a little flid out the holes)
tighted the cap, reinstall set screw, put assembly back in the fork and slightly screw on the cap, then compress up side down to get rod out, use tool, insert inner rod. re-attach lower cap to rod and tighten against locking nut, remove tool, tighten lower cap. remember where your rebound clickers were because they will be all the way in.
fill fork tubes with 3xx cc of oil, tighten caps, install and ride!

not sure if you can tell or not, but I just did mine, I did the shock too, let me know if you need any help with that, I went ahead and bought the HONDA service manual.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Jay set your forks 8mm above teh triple clmaps and run 100 mm of sag.
This will give you very turning with decent turn in. If the bike pushes in the corners (does not want to turn) bump up the compression one click inthe fork or decrease your sag by 2 mm increments. do one or the other but no both at once.