A great day with a new hoon >>

WTF Happened!!!!
TYSTYX

A great day with a new hoon >>

Post by TYSTYX »

Well, talked my buddy into getting a dirtbike. After I helped him go through it for a few days, I took him for his first ever dirtbike ride........on his newly aquired, clean 97 CR500 with a fully done Eric Gorr motor, a flywheel weight and 13/47 gearing. I found it for him right here in town, suprisingly. I took him out to a small patch of dunes so he can learn to ride around on some flat dirt roads that surrounded the place. It was a million degrees out by 930 a.m. and he tired pretty quickly, so when we got back to my truck I took his bike out for a spin in the dunes. It was a completely different bike than my 1st over, 14/49 geared, basically stock bike. His power comes on much smoother, while mine comes on like a friggin' light switch. I love my snappy power hit, but his bike was much easier to ride in the dunes. I felt like I didnt have to work so hard while ripping around on his bike. I dont want to put a flywheel weight on my machine, but I might try a 47 on the rear in the near future. Anyways, it was good to get out and ride. It been a couple of months since Ive gone. After I tested his bike in the dunes I got back on mine, so my buddy took some pics of me riding with my piece-o-junk "battle camera". The pics are somewhat terrible, and he couldnt get the timing down on my jump shots ( too long of a shutter delay after you push the button >:( ),
but here are some pics that came out.

what a beautiful site....2 500's in the desert... :)

99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !

britincali

Post by britincali »

Where is that? Looks :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

El Paso, Texas......thats just a patch of little dunes. The ones I normally ride are much bigger, without being too big, so they dont get boring.
99 CR500R

hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

TYSTYX wrote:El Paso, Texas......thats just a patch of little dunes. The ones I normally ride are much bigger, without being too big, so they dont get boring.
ooh - I am supposed to go out there to visit family this xmas - and i plan on bringin my 500 ;) wouldnt mind checking that place out...
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

That's great stuff, glad to another Hoon in the making, never can have to many 500 riders these days. And the pics are cool, to bad they are blurry, because if they were clear, some would be nice to frame and hang on your walls.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

sweet machine he just picked up. what did he pay for it just wondering?
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

100hp honda wrote:sweet machine he just picked up. what did he pay for it just wondering?
He paid $2500 for it.
99 CR500R