Magura Clutch Problems

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Alfaman

Magura Clutch Problems

Post by Alfaman »

Guys, My rebuild of my 89 Steelie in S/moto trim is just about done (pics to follow :D ) but i have one big problem, I have fitted a Magura Hydraulic Clutch conversion and replaced all the Plates, now i start the bike up and select first gear everything is fine, bike pulls away and finds all gears perfectly,but after that first pull away i cannot select neutral because the clutch starts dragging badly, so i moved the small Red adjuster behind the lever, and wound all the way out its barely rideable with the clutch lever being Really Really stiff..So i wound the adjuster all in and the clutch slips so much i cant pull away, but if i try anywhere in the middle adjustment ,the bike just stalls as soon as i select first gear.....Has anyone got any ideas what i have done wrong :oops: :oops: ....Thanks Si
robertg

Post by robertg »

Change back to the cable clutch, and see if it's the same. Maybe it has nothing to do with the Magura.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

What weight oil are you using?
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
MojoScojo

Re: Magura Clutch Problems

Post by MojoScojo »

Alfaman wrote:Guys, My rebuild of my 89 Steelie in S/moto trim is just about done (pics to follow :D ) but i have one big problem, I have fitted a Magura Hydraulic Clutch conversion and replaced all the Plates, now i start the bike up and select first gear everything is fine, bike pulls away and finds all gears perfectly,but after that first pull away i cannot select neutral because the clutch starts dragging badly, so i moved the small Red adjuster behind the lever, and wound all the way out its barely rideable with the clutch lever being Really Really stiff..So i wound the adjuster all in and the clutch slips so much i cant pull away, but if i try anywhere in the middle adjustment ,the bike just stalls as soon as i select first gear.....Has anyone got any ideas what i have done wrong :oops: :oops: ....Thanks Si
...replaced all the plates...
Mine did that for a few rides til the plates soaked up some oil or something. It settled down. Needed to get hot and absorb some oil maybe? I dunno.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo