Lesson learned

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
bigpower

Lesson learned

Post by bigpower »

Was a promising football season, but it's all over for my son. Unfortunatly, it wasn't a game or practice related injury, or even a 500 crash, but shear stupidity.
Seems he got a bug up his ass to go with his buds to get some Wendys. Nevrmind the fact that he WASN'T supposed to be leaving his house at 11:30 at night, but to get into a vehicle without wearing a seatbelt........well, just a fuggin idiot.
They had some bad storms this past friday in the Detroit area, and his super intelligent buddy figures there is nothing wrong with goin 45 down a side street. Til they came across a blown down tree in the middle of the street. They rolled the Jeep Commander they were riding in. Jr in the backseat, no belt..........
The result
A fracture at the base of his skull(The bastard should buy a lottery ticket that he isn't a quad) fractured orbital, broken nose, and some cuts and bruises. Love the uncle Fester black eye look, I'll tell ya. The other 3 kids, who were wearing belts....not a scratch. The truck...TOTALLED!

Now he gets to see a bunch of Drs this week, and we'll see what the Neurosurgeon says friday, but he's hopefully gonna be ok.
When I heard about this from his mother, I freaked. I've had enough of car accidents 10 yrs ago. The guys that know me know what I'm talkin bout. This could've been a fatality, also. I hope that he remembers this and uses it as a constant reminder. No football and no riding will hopefully help.
You got kids that think they invincable? Show em this, and make dang sure they buckle up
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
britincali

Post by britincali »

WOW hes one lucky SOB to get out of that and still be walking!!!!

Glad hes semi OK man.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

Hope he heals up soon and there's no lasting effects. I wrapped my mother's '70 Pontiac Catalina around a pine tree within 6 months of getting my license at 15. Still have a scar on my forehead that looks like someone tried to scalp me to remind me of how stupid I was once. Bet he doesn't get into a vehicle again without putting on a seatbelt; I know I don't.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Ya lesson learned we hope. For the most part, glad he's ok.
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

SUCK FEST,
that sucks ...... you do have insurance right
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"