kudos to Service Honda warranty on 500AF

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
yota

kudos to Service Honda warranty on 500AF

Post by yota »

one of my friends bought a new LE back in 04 or 05, very nice bike. He has 2 SH 500's. He keeps his bikes in storage and the other day found that apparently where the tank had been heated and deformed to get some clearance it had split and spilled fuel. he called SH and was told he would have to buy a new tank and was not a happy camper. apparently (rumor has it) AJ called him back and said they would warranty the tank. taking care of a problem after 4 or 5 years is pretty impressive. kudos.

also I have been using SH for parts recently, have placed 3 or 4 orders online. very good experiences so far.
97af

Re: kudos to Service Honda warranty on 500AF

Post by 97af »

yota wrote: I have been using SH for parts recently, have placed 3 or 4 orders online. very good experiences so far.
Mark in parts goes WAY above and beyond the call of duty to get me my non Honda oem parts.Unless you can get your parts for free,It just doesnt get any better. My local dealer gets my Honda parts orders.......
"A good friend will come bail you out of jail, A TRUE friend will be sitting next to saying, DAMN THAT WAS FUN"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: kudos to Service Honda warranty on 500AF

Post by AlisoBob »

yota wrote: pretty impressive.
Impressive would be a tank MADE for the $11k bike, not a heated up and pushed in one... ala' home built.

It is good they stand behind the one they modify tho'.... I know of another S/H where AJ did the same thing and sent a new one.

:applaud:
yota

Post by yota »

I hear ya, was my 1st thought too but hey at least he is taking care of it.

speaking of expensive bikes my best riding bud moved to Israel about 6 years ago. He's having me shop for a bike here to ship to him. He has to pay abour 1K to ship it overseas and his government adds a 105% import duty so if I get him a deal for say 5K plus 1K to ship and 5250 tariff it costs him at least 11,250.00 for a WR250F (I'm sure there will be a few more fees). This is still over 4K less than he would pay for one new there.
xtremeslide

Post by xtremeslide »

Send the bike by pieces...fuck the customs
CR500R
V-MAX 1200
yota

Post by yota »

xtremeslide wrote:Send the bike by pieces...fuck the customs
he and a friend did just this a few years ago and had their bikes seized and impounded during a ride as they had no way to register them. It took months to get them back and they had to pay the import duty and VAT. He won't try that again. and we think we have it tough here. It will soon be the same here though thanks to "change you can believe in".
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

yota wrote:
xtremeslide wrote:... thanks to "change you can believe in".
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :doh:
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

right on S/H :cool:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
4Z

Post by 4Z »

Mark and Pooh at SH has taken very good care of me.