Removing crank from right side case

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
fastkart

Removing crank from right side case

Post by fastkart »

Is there a secret to removing the crank from the right case/bearing? I'm working on a friends motor and nigyvered something to get my own crank out, but there has to be a proper/better way.
97af

Post by 97af »

I use a hydraulic press to get it out of the right side and a the Honda crank pulling tool to re-install it. DO NOT HIT IT to get it out and DO NOT use the case bolts to squeeze it back together. If they are fairly fresh main bearings, the crank halves will not seat in the bearings unless you use the crank tool.You will probably break out the threaded area in the right case half using the case bolts too.
"A good friend will come bail you out of jail, A TRUE friend will be sitting next to saying, DAMN THAT WAS FUN"
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

No worries... I wouldn't hit the crank with a hammer... ever. I have a crank tool for reinstallation (I just redid my own bottom end) and it worked flawlessly... incredibly easy. I nigyvered a tool to to push the crank out for my own, but threw it away by accident and was looking for a better way. Thanks.
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

A case splitter like the Tusk unit shown below will also push the crank out of the right side case. You just bolt it to the outside of the case and tighten the center bolt.

100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

HrcRacing wrote:A case splitter like the Tusk unit shown below will also push the crank out of the right side case. You just bolt it to the outside of the case and tighten the center bolt.

that tusk tool works and theres also a motion pro tool thats similiar that works the same way. i think theres even another tool but i cant remeber what its called, i think theres a picture of it in the honda manual
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

I might have to invest in the tusk tool. I took it to a sprint car engine builder down the street that I know and he pressed it out for free. :cool: