TWIN ENGINE CR500

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
xtremeslide

TWIN ENGINE CR500

Post by xtremeslide »

I watched the video with RPeterson riding the CR 1000,have some of you guys more info about how this bike was made,transmition,etc...
CR500R
V-MAX 1200
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i think hamilcrf on the other site owns it now. he could tell you how it works
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

can you link to that vid?
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

so he didnt win? who was first?
rpeterson

Re: TWIN ENGINE CR500

Post by rpeterson »

xtremeslide wrote:I watched the video with RPeterson riding the CR 1000,have some of you guys more info about how this bike was made,transmition,etc...
The motors are connected with a jackshaft double sprocket and both run independently. All gears were takin out except 2nd.

RP
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

2nd gear makes more sense than 4th like hamilcrf runs
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:2nd gear makes more sense than 4th like hamilcrf runs
Maybe because 4th is physically bigger and stronger to handle the abuse? Just change the final gearing. Throwing out ideas, but there is always a reason. I could ask Ken and see what he says. Besides it has always peaked my interest when guys mod there transmissions like this.
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
"If the rule you followed led you to this of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh
xtremeslide

Post by xtremeslide »

it has always peaked my interest when guys mod there transmissions like this.[/quote]

x2
CR500R
V-MAX 1200
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

2nd gear would only require 3 gears and one shifter fork, and its ALOT stronger gear than 4th that needs 5 gears or custom spacers and 2 shifter forks. but the contact width is 70% of 2nds.
If your trying to save alot of rotating mass 2nd is the way to go.
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:2nd gear would only require 3 gears and one shifter fork, and its ALOT stronger gear than 4th that needs 5 gears or custom spacers and 2 shifter forks. but the contact width is 70% of 2nds.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:2nd gear would only require 3 gears and one shifter fork, and its ALOT stronger gear than 4th that needs 5 gears or custom spacers and 2 shifter forks. but the contact width is 70% of 2nds.
Thanx for the info. Could you maybe post up a pic of a modified trans for us to see?
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
"If the rule you followed led you to this of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

in 2nd you have only 1 fork on the blue gear (4th) which is used to carry the green gear

in 4th you have a shifter fork holding 3rd(green, that carries the purple gear of 4th) and 4th(blue) and likely the 2 gears of 2nd(below 4th in this pic) to hold the gears in place anyways.

I suppose if you didnt need neutral at all you wouldnt need any fork, shifterdrum, or lever.
kdizzle

beautiful!

Post by kdizzle »

lewisclan wrote:Image
That Vid is as good as any pron i have seen... Dude has a set of balls to jump that monster and give it the nads on the way up.. man that got me fired up im going to get on the 5 and piss off the neighbors!
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

:headbang:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/