Need a bit of help with 05 crf250 conversion

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
crow69

Need a bit of help with 05 crf250 conversion

Post by crow69 »

hi to all, been trolling around for a while here, finally allowed into play, so here goes, i have read all posts, although im a bit stoopid really... i cut the frame, which so far has gone well, few questions...

when i put engine over to left (as u sit on bike) the sprocket seems to line up nicely, exhaust dosent ????.... if i push it to right exhaust seems correct but not sprocket ?

thanks in advance , have shown photos of so far
scott

JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I didn't do the CRF, I did the 01 CR 250. But I think you'll have to raise the Y piece and build new frame craddles. But like I said mine was the CR version. I'm sure you'll find the answers here shortly.
crow69

Post by crow69 »

i have already done that, but i have to get it already before a take it to get welded, so i need to know where to position the engine, to ensure brackets are welded in the proper place

thanks
scott
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

use the swingarm spacers to position the drive gears. read older posts about which spacers work for this build.
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

use the swingarm spacers to position the drive gears. read older posts about which spacers work for this build.

here's the build from the boss:
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... .php?t=894
juddy

Post by juddy »

As far as left to right positioning of the engine goes,you gotta get the chain looking aligned with the countershaft sprocket first.You cant have it on the piss.Then figure out exhaust... Mine was a 450,so Im not sure how the 250 exhaust goes but I know there are other CRF250 builds on here somewhere.
chachi243

easy

Post by chachi243 »

i flipped the motor sprocket around so you can gain a 1/16th inch, we do it all the time for a 5" rear tire for supermoto so dont overthink it....then i think i sanded a little off of one side of the swingarm spacers and then just made a shim for the now "shorter" Other side spacer so if im not mistaken you just have to shorten one and shim the now too short other side..... check it here. you'll need a .280" inch spacer in the left side between the motor and the stock bushing and then i dont remember how much i trimmed off the right one....

http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... php?t=4114

later! Sean