Will need someone to do some framework in the future

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
NightBiker07

Will need someone to do some framework in the future

Post by NightBiker07 »

well, since i am completely devoid of the tools to weld aluminum, after i pick up another bike in the nearish future (prolly going to be a 2nd gen CR250)
i will need someone to do the frame mods.

Anyone on here i could ship the frame to and have the work done?
an approx. price would be nice too :D

when i get the bike and the motor to do this, i do not know, just trying to get a baseline established :)
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

dude, gen-2s are so easy, ask my cousin Andy (hoofarted). just do the mockup, get someone here to send you some 2.5" plugs, get shanmans front mounts, then mock everything up and find a local welder to do the welding.
Andy went to a guy who used to weld my stuff in rancho and the guy charged him like $75 or something.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

dannygraves wrote:dude, gen-2s are so easy, ask my cousin Andy (hoofarted). just do the mockup, get someone here to send you some 2.5" plugs, get shanmans front mounts, then mock everything up and find a local welder to do the welding.
Andy went to a guy who used to weld my stuff in rancho and the guy charged him like $75 or something.
i agree...
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

okay, well, as per the advice, i found someone who could weld this for me for free!

i have been reviewing the GEN 2 builds mentioned in the completed bikes section.

i can see that the Y has to be moved up about an inch and a half, but i am unsure how to go about this.

i mean, cutting out the lower cradle, removing some downtube material, and reinstalling the Y and welding it seems pretty straightforward.
But, wouldnt simply removing some of the downtube raise the cradle, making less room for the new motor?
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

NightBiker07 wrote:okay, well, as per the advice, i found someone who could weld this for me for free!

i have been reviewing the GEN 2 builds mentioned in the completed bikes section.

i can see that the Y has to be moved up about an inch and a half, but i am unsure how to go about this.

i mean, cutting out the lower cradle, removing some downtube material, and reinstalling the Y and welding it seems pretty straightforward.
But, wouldnt simply removing some of the downtube raise the cradle, making less room for the new motor?
I think the "Y" has to be completely seperated from the down tube and cradle. Then the downtube shortend and the cradle lengthend. Trust me, save your money longer, then send it and the frame to Mike or AJ to be built properly (i.e. solid parts, heat treat etc.) you'll be happier in the end. I can understand the urge to create something yourself but to me the peace of mind is worth the money. Or sell your ride, save and go here:
http://www.servicehonda.com/preowned.html
Last edited by CR500 4 Ever on December 31st, 2008, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

NightBiker07 wrote:okay, well, as per the advice, i found someone who could weld this for me for free!

When I built my Gen2, I cut the frame at the lower motor mounts and then removed the weld around the Y where it is welded onto the down tube. The Y section is swedged to fit inside the down tube. I then cut an inche off of the down tube, then put the Y up and welded in place. By leaving the swedge on the Y you'll have a very nice platform to weld off of.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Also the satisfaction you get from building the bike yourself, cannot be purchased. In my opinion. And you will not be spending 10K on a bike.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

CR500 4 Ever wrote:....send it and the frame to Mike or AJ to be built properly (i.e. solid parts, heat treat etc.) you'll be happier in the end.
S/H dosent heat treat.
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

AlisoBob wrote:
CR500 4 Ever wrote:....send it and the frame to Mike or AJ to be built properly (i.e. solid parts, heat treat etc.) you'll be happier in the end.
S/H dosent heat treat.
Yes, I know that. You look at what is written in front of you and skew the words to your own point of view by taking things out of context. I will simplify it for you as you seem to have a hard time finding the real meaning of a sentence. I was simply giving him options in case he feels the conversion might be overwhelming. Modifying frames is serious shit, everyone on here with a hacksaw and a welder friend claims to be a frame builder. It is just a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt from a home scab job. Then how will you feel, knowing that you and others on here promote anybody (and i mean anybody) hacking up and glueing there frames back together and then telling them that there shoddy work is "just great...keep up the good work". Again he has options that is it, sorry if you can take two words out of twenty that were typed and come up with some way to discredit me. Get over the S.H. thing your wasting your time (and a lot of hate) on nothing. They've had mistakes, so has NASA.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

CR500 4 Ever wrote:

I think the "Y" has to be completely seperated from the down tube and cradle. Then the downtube shortend and the cradle lengthend. Trust me, save your money longer, then send it and the frame to Mike or AJ to be built properly (i.e. solid parts, heat treat etc.) you'll be happier in the end. I can understand the urge to create something yourself but to me the peace of mind is worth the money. Or sell your ride, save and go here:
http://www.servicehonda.com/preowned.html
god damn, why don't you just suck AJs dick while you're at it?!
if you have not built you own A/F and have nothing to contribute to this thread then more AJ dick sucking, then don't respond at all.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

CR500 4 Ever wrote:
AlisoBob wrote:
S/H dosent heat treat.
Yes, I know that. You look at what is written in front of you and skew the words to your own point of view by taking things out of context. I will simplify it for you as you seem to have a hard time finding the real meaning of a sentence. I was simply giving him options in case he feels the conversion might be overwhelming. Modifying frames is serious shit, everyone on here with a hacksaw and a welder friend claims to be a frame builder. It is just a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt from a home scab job. Then how will you feel, knowing that you and others on here promote anybody (and i mean anybody) hacking up and glueing there frames back together and then telling them that there shoddy work is "just great...keep up the good work". Again he has options that is it, sorry if you can take two words out of twenty that were typed and come up with some way to discredit me. Get over the S.H. thing your wasting your time (and a lot of hate) on nothing. They've had mistakes, so has NASA.
the only frame failures I have ever seen were professionally built, infact 2 were build by AJ himself and I can't remember who did Iggy's frame, I think it was T2. Believe it or not the home builds usually get a lot more attention to detail than the "professionally" built frames.
I have 3 of then and one I welded together with a shitty harbor freight welder and it still looks better and stronger than the last SH bike I saw in person :roll: get over yourself and your pussy "pay someone else to do it" mentality.
BTW, if this guy had the budget to pay SH or TTM to build him I bike, I don't think he would be asking if someone would do a home brewed conversion for him.
this isn't rocket science, AJ and Mike aren't gods sent from above to bring magical conversions to hoons... find a good welder after doing your own mockup and you'll be fine. You want a bitchen bike and have the money, call Mike. end of story!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

Build it your self...

don't listen to guys telling you you will get hurt/killed on it...that's so fucking ridiculous! Chances are you will get hurt regardless at some point, I got hurt without ANY frame failure (it is a cr500 afterall).

Just because Cr5004ever has got a massive boner for AJ and his bike...doesn't prove anything about s/h conversions...:wink:

and you can do better then service honda easily. Best bet is just monitor your bike after every ride for the first couple of weeks or so and get to know how your welds are holding up...you can literally build two killer bikes or three basic gen2's for the price of one s/h...And BAZE was right, building it yourself is a great time...
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

its always a good feeling to hop on a bike you built yourself anyway! :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

dannygraves wrote:
god damn, why don't you just suck AJs dick while you're at it?!
if you have not built you own A/F and have nothing to contribute to this thread then more AJ dick sucking, then don't respond at all.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: bloody mary on screen!
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

dannygraves wrote:god damn, why don't you just suck AJs dick while you're at it?! if you have not built you own A/F and have nothing to contribute to this thread then more AJ dick sucking, then don't respond at all.
:headbang:

Danny you fucking own man...I'm a little disapointed that you posted before i got my reply in...but you nailed it on the fucking head...

Clean AJ's cum off your glasses so you can see the bigger picture!!

CR500 4 EVER you guys!! whoooooooo...

:bash:
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Here's something to end this thread...

I built mine by myself period just like I would build anything to the best of my ability and asked questions did research. I could have bought 20 of AJ's bikes but, said to a friend hell no "I could easily build that" and he said "Yeah right you should have a professional do that!" and here we are...
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

dannygraves wrote:its always a good feeling to hop on a bike you built yourself anyway! :wink:
I know :wink:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

So build on Hoons and if I can help you know I will!

I gotta go get my shit ready to go ride oh wait I already am... :wink:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Mike, you da man! :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

My homie had to have the last word didn't ya... :chair:

Much love homie!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I'm gonna catch alot of flak for this one, but here goes anyways because it's bugging me. All of the guys that own the SH bikes go to the mat right now defending their bike and SH, fight tooth and nail for it for christs sake. But why doesn't AJ himself step up for the guys that are defending him and his work? He's on here all the time lurking. So why not post up? This is all just debates, I think the personal attacks are lame one way or another, there is no call for that shit. We are all here together keeping alive a bike that was discontinued from production 8 model years ago. But all of the defensive talk about SH and AJ makes you guys that are freaking about it sound like you have some serious buyer's remorse. I hope not for your sake. As far as faliures go, the one that sticks out in my mind is the one I just learned of with that kid Spike. He DIDN'T take the advice given to him by people who had built their own bikes. Just my opinion.
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

teemtrubble wrote:Here's something to end this thread...

I built mine by myself period just like I would build anything to the best of my ability and asked questions did research. I could have bought 20 of AJ's bikes but, said to a friend hell no "I could easily build that" and he said "Yeah right you should have a professional do that!" and here we are...
Ah Mike, if anything I was refering the guy to you. Your work speaks for itself and not once has it been criticized by me. We've heard your story, the guys on here stroke your ego. Stay out of it.
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

JBaze wrote:I'm gonna catch alot of flak for this one, but here goes anyways because it's bugging me. All of the guys that own the SH bikes go to the mat right now defending their bike and SH, fight tooth and nail for it for christs sake. But why doesn't AJ himself step up for the guys that are defending him and his work? He's on here all the time lurking. So why not post up? This is all just debates, I think the personal attacks are lame one way or another, there is no call for that shit. We are all here together keeping alive a bike that was discontinued from production 8 model years ago. But all of the defensive talk about SH and AJ makes you guys that are freaking about it sound like you have some serious buyer's remorse. I hope not for your sake. As far as faliures go, the one that sticks out in my mind is the one I just learned of with that kid Spike. He DIDN'T take the advice given to him by people who had built their own bikes. Just my opinion.
I'm sure AJ has given up because there is no reasoning with anyone on this board and he probably could care less if he gets your business or not. I think he is doing fine without you. I just like fuckin' with you all. Good times , good times :D
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

Balaclava wrote:
dannygraves wrote:god damn, why don't you just suck AJs dick while you're at it?! if you have not built you own A/F and have nothing to contribute to this thread then more AJ dick sucking, then don't respond at all.
:headbang:

Danny you fucking own man...I'm a little disapointed that you posted before i got my reply in...but you nailed it on the fucking head...

Clean AJ's cum off your glasses so you can see the bigger picture!!

CR500 4 EVER you guys!! whoooooooo...

:bash:
Pick out a wheel chair yet?
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I know it's all just BS'ing and for the most part in good fun and all. I just think it's funny how defensive some of the SH owners get. :lmao: