Does this belong to someone here?

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
jbird_710

Does this belong to someone here?

Post by jbird_710 »

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showth ... p?t=690850

Guy is looking to buy this conversion but the person selling says he doesn't know anything about it. Just was wondering if some one here was missing a bike?
'87 CR500R / (2) '01 CR500R / '02 MPS CR500R AF / '06 XR650R / '06 XR650L / '01 XR400R / '01 FLHTCUI / '04 CRF 450R / '84 CR500R / '89 Transalp /'05 CRF450X / '02 XR200R
Jay Birdsong

Don't you know about the Bird?
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I don't know anything about it, but it is definatlly a Gen 1. Funny reading those other guys post talking about it though, I figured by now these bikes would be very popular and easily identifiable by other dirt bikers. Guess not.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Nobody snatched that bike @$2500?

Dumbasses....

Who cares who built it.
MrDude_1

Post by MrDude_1 »

AlisoBob wrote:Nobody snatched that bike @$2500?

Dumbasses....

Who cares who built it.
because people worry its stolen.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

If he has the title, you have a deal.

If check it out, run the VIN and the CHP search comes up stolen.... you nail the fucker , send his white trash ass to the slammer, and get the bike back to the rightful owner...

Why puss around about it?
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

well said bob. :wink:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I'd be all over that thing! thats less than what I'm thinking about asking for my gen-1 when I get it ready to sell.
Some states don't title, like NV, but if the vin comes up clear... DO IT!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
MrDude_1

Post by MrDude_1 »

AlisoBob wrote:If he has the title, you have a deal.

If check it out, run the VIN and the CHP search comes up stolen.... you nail the fucker , send his white trash ass to the slammer, and get the bike back to the rightful owner...

Why puss around about it?
because alot of places dont title bikes.

and if i stole your bike, i could run the VIN all day here in SC, GA, NC or several other states.. and it wouldnt turn up anything.
no title required to sell... comes back clean....

scary no?

so, if you dont intend to buy the bike, but its a highly modded CR that you think might be stolen, what would you do? perhaps, post it in a forum where the bikes are well known? hmmmmmm???
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

if it didn't turn up hot in my state, the state where it is at or cali, I'd buy it ;-)
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

the guy obviously got the bike in some weird situation, but there is plenty of that that would still be legit. I bought 2 old lincoln motors from a big scarry guy in long beach who won one in a bet and got the other from a dude whop owed him money. he was an old school hot rodder, but had no interest in the lincolns, so he had no idea that one of them was a '58 400hp super marauder tripower motor and the other was a first year non egr 462, so I picked them both up for $700.
Andy's (hoofarted) '92 came from a bike that Marshall (the guy I built the gen-4 for) bought from a woman whos husban was in jail and it was his bike. she had no idea about the bike and sold him a perfect running '92 cr500 for $1000 and included some bonus goodies too, like I think a stand and a can of VP gas, etc.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I see that "no title" shit all the time when looking at bikes or whatever, like on craigslist. It's funny to me because before I got tore up, the company I worked for, delt with manufacturing of heavey equipment. All of that stuff is sold "without a title", but it all comes with a Certificate of Origin. Just about anything that is a motor vehicle that is sold in this country comes with a Certificate of Origin at the very least. If the bike has S/N on it, there is a record of ownership somewhere. I have had extensive conversations with the DMV here in Wa. and it is not as easy as going to the station and having it inspected, and then you get a title. Be very careful to egg some one on to buy something like this if the legal BS is unclear. It's a good way to get fuked. IMO
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ya, here in NV you get a cert of origin on new stuff. They only quit titles here a few years ago, so if you buy a used bike that has a title, you can't get it transfered, or replaced if you lose it. I have titles for all my bikes, none have my name printed on them, just a signature from the previous owner w/o a date. It is common for the dmv to tell people their title is worthless, so a lot get lost or even thrown away. :roll:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

That's nuts man. I would put em' in the safe or some where not to lose it. Just to make a sale easier if nothing else you know.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ya, but people in general are stupid :roll:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
MTNielson

Post by MTNielson »

Anybody know of a way to search VIN number on the internet.

I Know AZ has a nice site to check VIN# but I don't know if it is a nationwide database or just AZ.

http://theftaz.azag.gov/
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i like jjesneck response.......and i quote "Whatever it is, it is some sort of 250 - 500 conversion. The CR500 was never made with an aluminum frame. Buy it. It looks to be in great shape." :lmao:
nobrakesbill

Post by nobrakesbill »

That looks alot like a bike I've seen on CL and ebay several times and nobody has bought it. I think there's something shady about it or it would be sold. Where is the bike? I think the one I've been seeing is from Bakersfield or over that way.
'86 CR 500
'97 CR 500
'00 CR 500
'08 CRF 150R
'73 AJS 250 Stormer
chachi243

shady whaaaa not in bakersfield YO!

Post by chachi243 »

a bike i built is here in bakersfield and it's still for sale.... he's tried craigslist and camera ads and such, but nobody want a red sticker 5 hundy in cali...... some people ask him well what do you mean the motor number doesnt match..... well uhhh its a frickin' 500 motor DUHHHHHH not a 450..... well thats shady,.... well fuck you....we'll just keep it..... people are fuckin' stupid..... the issue here is the red sticker.......the title is clean and the motor came from a 90 CR500 ...we bought it from astroman in Tx (on the 500 sites and supermoto junkie) and it had a little rattle that went boom before we addressed it, hence the hole in the case as the kid owner was a moron and rode it home from where the bomb went off......damn kids..... we redid the top end and the rod, bearings and seals and such, and i welded the hole up....he's asking 4 gs..... but i know he'd take 35ish cash picked up from a fellow hoon..... the problem there is everyone wants to build their own for cheaper, and his parents paid way too much when it was a supermoto'd 450 so when people lowball him then he just says i can't let it go for that..........so even though its very clean, he cant fetch the money, even 4K. the bike hasnt been on ebay though as he says he knows the buyer will flake and he says it's a waste of time.....i can't say i disagree although he'd ship it.....
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthre ... post646708