Dealer Cost

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
Hellbear

Dealer Cost

Post by Hellbear »

Anyone know if there is a site that you can find out what dealer cost is on bikes?
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

I'm trying to find out what the dealer cost on a Husqvarna SM510 would be.

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Why, find some more un-used garage space?
britincali

Post by britincali »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Unfortunately no, but it would fit in my garage with my Dart. :P

Plus I am looking for something to commute to work and back on. Putting gas in my truck is getting hard.
britincali

Post by britincali »

Yea spending $6k + on something is a definate way to save money on gas..................................

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I hear ya mang, a guy at my work has a '76 cb750 that I might take off his hands as a coimmuter :wink:
the wife says I can't have a sport bike... But I think a cb750 will be plenty fun for commuting, but keep me from doing 190mph on my way to work :lol:
My gen-4 mightr also get titled as street legal :cool: Then all I will need is mikes lighting coil, some turn signals and some SM wheels! :D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

britincali wrote:Yea spending $6k + on something is a definate way to save money on gas..................................
Well when the payment is made from money I don't see anyways it's a win in my book.
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

dannygraves wrote:I hear ya mang, a guy at my work has a '76 cb750 that I might take off his hands as a coimmuter :wink:
the wife says I can't have a sport bike... But I think a cb750 will be plenty fun for commuting, but keep me from doing 190mph on my way to work :lol:
My gen-4 mightr also get titled as street legal :cool: Then all I will need is mikes lighting coil, some turn signals and some SM wheels! :D
Nice. That kicks ass you got your gen 4 motor titled for street. If Kommifornia wasn't such a pain in the ass I would register my AF for the street then I wouldn't have or be tempted to get another bike.
britincali

Post by britincali »

The only way buying another vehicle works is if you buy something cheap and used that is wayyy better than the current commuter on gas.

We are getting people everyday loosing 10+ k on their current rides to get into something thats better on gas, I feel like slapping some of them as their math is all fuked up.

You have to work out how long and how many miles its gonna take you to recoup the price + tags + insurance + maint + what you loose by letting your current ride sit or by selling it.

Most of the time you are better off sticking with your guzzler.

Now if you are buying it for fun and because you want one have at it.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

britincali

Post by britincali »

^^^ Thats the way to do it.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

britincali wrote:The only way buying another vehicle works is if you buy something cheap and used that is wayyy better than the current commuter on gas.

We are getting people everyday loosing 10+ k on their current rides to get into something thats better on gas, I feel like slapping some of them as their math is all fuked up.

You have to work out how long and how many miles its gonna take you to recoup the price + tags + insurance + maint + what you loose by letting your current ride sit or by selling it.

I've been trying to beat that info into my wifes head... We just bought her '98 expedition 4.6 2wd for $4000 ($177/mo @ 24mo+$50/yr reg and <$100/mo full coverage)
She wants to get a mini to "save gas money" she spends about $150-$200 on gas. the Mini payment alone would be $500 +500/yr reg, +200 or more to insure... how on gods green earth is that gonna save money. But she doesn't want me riding a bike to work :roll: my f-150 gets about 12mpg and my buddy wants $250 for that cb750. He is not to machanically inclined and a friend of his messed up the elecrtical, I'll buy a $40 full wire harness on ebay, squirt some oil down the plug holes since it hasn't run in 8 years and RIDE.
It would pay itself off in the first 2 weeks. :D
fucking women! :roll:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

britincali wrote:The only way buying another vehicle works is if you buy something cheap and used that is wayyy better than the current commuter on gas.

I hear you there Brit. Trust me I wouldn't be doing it if it was something like that. I have talked a bunch of people out of doing that here at work.

Of course it's also for fun and I have been looking at them for a while now. I rode a buddies DRZ400SM and had alot of fun on it and it gave me the bug. The only thing with the DRZ is the motor just wasn't quite enough for me.
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

There's no sane reason to get the Husqvarna as a commuter - but do it anyway. You may find some deals on the Internet for '07 bikes, but '08's will be hard to find cheap - Husqvarna limits the numbers coming into the country v the other OEMs and prices are harder as a result. Supermoto Junkie and Thumpertalk have good Husky forums.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

britincali wrote:
Think twice about the slapping mate, as the more folks that come into the dealer, the more $$ that goes in your pocket.

Let their math be jacked, and your wallet full
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

redrocket190 wrote:There's no sane reason to get the Husqvarna as a commuter - but do it anyway. You may find some deals on the Internet for '07 bikes, but '08's will be hard to find cheap - Husqvarna limits the numbers coming into the country v the other OEMs and prices are harder as a result. Supermoto Junkie and Thumpertalk have good Husky forums.
I see in your sig line you have one. How do you like it? It looks like it is fun to ride. I only commute 12 miles each way to work so it wouldn't be a long ride.
britincali

Post by britincali »

bigpower wrote:
britincali wrote:
Think twice about the slapping mate, as the more folks that come into the dealer, the more $$ that goes in your pocket.

Let their math be jacked, and your wallet full

Believe me I take their money with a smile, Im just thinking "what a dumbass" the whole time :lol:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Alright, here is my idea. Pretend to sell the cr to me in Prescott az. I will liscnce it for the steeet for you, then "sell" it back to you and you can register it as a street bike then. Might cost a few duckets, but here registration is 4 dollars and title is 8 dollas, so no worries.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Hmm intersting. :P
roost251

Post by roost251 »

that is the way to go hell bear, I was thinking along the same lines for my buddies in ca. They pretty much hand out the street plates here in AZ MVD,

It is interesting that my coworkers would joke about my car. I am not going to drive my new diesel 250 mi a week just to go to work so I drive my "commuter" A very clean 1989 mazda 323. Iy would go something like this, " you have an old car, why do you drive it" I guess becaus eit is not an 08' they cant comprehend that mi 250,000 mi car gets over 30 mpg,AC blows fridgid, would not shit a brick if someone door diged me or if the car was totaled and my registration and INS. is the price of a couple tanks of gas. For the last couple of weeks they they complain about gas prices and I smile. I think I am going to start riding the honda cm400t to work though, you know rub some salt in the wound because that bike gets over 55mpg, lol
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

roost251 wrote:that is the way to go hell bear, I was thinking along the same lines for my buddies in ca. They pretty much hand out the street plates here in AZ MVD,

It is interesting that my coworkers would joke about my car. I am not going to drive my new diesel 250 mi a week just to go to work so I drive my "commuter" A very clean 1989 mazda 323. Iy would go something like this, " you have an old car, why do you drive it" I guess becaus eit is not an 08' they cant comprehend that mi 250,000 mi car gets over 30 mpg,AC blows fridgid, would not shit a brick if someone door diged me or if the car was totaled and my registration and INS. is the price of a couple tanks of gas. For the last couple of weeks they they complain about gas prices and I smile. I think I am going to start riding the honda cm400t to work though, you know rub some salt in the wound because that bike gets over 55mpg, lol
Yeah, I was driving my '82 C10 diesel p/u for a while and it had almost no paint, no radio, destroyed interior and puffed a lot of smoke, but... It was getting 19/22 MPG and I didn't give a rats ass about it.

So I have decided I am going to buy the cb750 :D now my question to you guys is... do I keep it stock, and maybe update it a little and ditch the huge lights and mirrors, or should I build a cafe racer!?
I was thinking something like this:
http://www.cb750cafe.com/bikes.php?cat=1&id=34
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
nmdesertrider

Post by nmdesertrider »

H2 conversion
03 CRF450/85 500
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Yeah I can't believe my newish Accord is 20 years old. Gets 34-35 mpg hwy. Its been acting up the last few weeks. Starts and dies. It might do it once or five or six times before it would stay running. So I deciced to swap the main relay from the blown one. Runs perfect now. The thing is I don't remember what it was that made me change the relay in the blown one in the first place. All I wanted was a new radio then.
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Any reason to get another motorcycle is good with me. :wink:
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST