A present to myself for my 22nd birthday- Year Update

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
Uzi

A present to myself for my 22nd birthday- Year Update

Post by Uzi »

I'd been looking to get out of my apartment and wanted a place with some storage and little room to ride.
Heres what I ended up with:
2 story 3 bedroom house with a new siding, well, and septic system
54'X 105' indoor riding arena, lights, water, exhaust fan system, 110 and 220v power :cool: Buliding No 7 in the pic
37'x 30' shop with 16' doors, water, 110 and 220v power Building No 6 in the pic
2 car detached garage
some other out buildings 2 good 2 need torn down
2 lean-to pole style buildings
1 crappy trailer house :roll:
3 acres

I'm pretty excited I sign a few more papers with the bank and the owner today and I'm set to close and take possesion on the 27th of july 2 days before I turn 22 :D
Its going to take some work the house had been empty for 2 years and needs some TLC on the inside mostly just paint and alot of cleaning but it passed a ASHI home inspection with flying colors (foundation, plumbing, electrical, overal all structural intregity etc)
The property also needs alot of cleaning, mowing, a few of those crappy buildings knocked down but maybe i'll have a big bon-fire when I move in :twisted:

So if you any of you hoons ever come through nebraska look me up for some indoor flat track and arena cross, beer drinking, or a place to rest your head and stash your bikes for the night.

Last edited by Uzi on August 26th, 2008, 6:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
1982 XR200
1985 CR500 86' Motor
1990 CR500 85' Motor
2000 CR250
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Man, thats so awesome!!

Too bad you not closer to the member hotbeds of AZ or So-Cal...

A few weekend "Hoon Party's" could whip the place into shape right quick...

Thers alot of potential there....

Good Job Youngster!
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Very nice! Congrats on the new pad.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Very Cool!!!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Joshwfl

Post by Joshwfl »

Awesome dude! Congrats, it's a great feeling. I sure miss living in the country, there are no deals like that in Florida. Here's what 200k gets you here. 3/2/1, 1/4 acre and that's a great deal! Good luck with it and have fun!
mxracr121

Post by mxracr121 »

Joshwfl wrote:Awesome dude! Congrats, it's a great feeling. I sure miss living in the country, there are no deals like that in Florida. Here's what 200k gets you here. 3/2/1, 1/4 acre and that's a great deal! Good luck with it and have fun!
$200k here in AZ. gets you about a 1200 sq. ft. home on a tiny lot. And thats a great deal. Ask the guys in Cali what $200k gets. :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:
Too much of a puss for a 500!

www.approvedpainting.net
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

mxracr121 wrote:. Ask the guys in Cali what $200k gets.....
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Awesome and congradulations.
Buying the first house is the hardest, scaryest and most rewarding.

Again, congrats.
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
Uzi

Post by Uzi »

Updated pics
I moved in this weekend and haven't stopped cleaning yet its been crazy. The house was empty for about 2 years so it took a lot of work to make livable and will require a lot more in the future.

Shop
Kitchen cabinets after some fresh paint
Had to hook up the most important stuff for the moving in party :D
2nd floor that I haven't really had time to mess with
[/img]
1982 XR200
1985 CR500 86' Motor
1990 CR500 85' Motor
2000 CR250
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

AlisoBob wrote: Good Job Youngster!
Thats a big 10-4 right there!

Lotta guys your age(like 90%) are too wrapped up in other stupid bullshit to even think of getting themselves into thier own spread. One thing for sure, you aren't gonna lose any cheese on this one.
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
TheSandMan

Post by TheSandMan »

Great pad. Good start for this journey we call life. :cool: :urock:
If you ain"t crashin You ain"t ridin!
britincali

Post by britincali »

Just make sure you keep on top of those payments, 1 month ahead is a good start. A friend of mine is gonna loose his house on the 15th because he was a dumbass......
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

britincali wrote: A friend of mine is gonna loose his house on the 15th because he was a dumbass......
Or smoked to much dumbass
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
Uzi

Post by Uzi »

Well I've been in the place for about 9 months got a few things done still have a very long ways to go.

I've got 2 rooms downstairs repainted and the second floor is now clean enough to be usable. The inside of the house is such a long ways from being how I want it. :( :(
But the place sat empty for 2 years before I bought it and has come along ways. Besides I'm just a bachelor that spends more time at work and in the shop.....house is just a place to sleep. :D

I have got a lot done outside and am getting ready to build a small practice track this spring. :) :)

I got rid of the old trailer house actually made about 400 buck off of the copper water lines and the alum. siding.
Here it is after I got a hold of it with the skid loader and ripped the siding off.

Dug a big burn pit to dispose of the rest of the crap that I was tearing down.

More trees and other fence that I removed. The whole place was cross fenced for the previous owners goats. :o

Another shot of the trailer

Front side....for some reason when I took out the two entry doors and a couple windows it started to get the droopy look ;D

The aftermath still need to sell the i-beam steel from the frame.

My Dad supervising the fire.

Corrals that I took out from inside the arena.

Fence around the house thats now gone too.

A crappy night picture of the huge manure pile about 25 years worth from inside the arena. It was over 9 ft high and covered about 8 acres when I spread it on the neighbors bean field. :o :o

More stuff being burnt and the pile of dirt that will soon be part of my track :) :) :) I've got another 30 yards coming later this week. :)
Image :shock:
1982 XR200
1985 CR500 86' Motor
1990 CR500 85' Motor
2000 CR250
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

NICE
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Uzi wrote: My Dad supervising the fire.
Of course.....

:wink:

Allot of hard work, to be sure....

Great job.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

VERY :cool:
I'd really like to get some land and do something similar to what you are doing, but its hoard to get any land in southern nevada/california for under a mil! :cry:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

why do you think im moving to arizona...

1600sq ft house, 2.5 acre's complete with detached 3 car garage.. County assessed at 125k :P This is between casa grande and tucson. in BFE.
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Whooa, you've been busy. Good job, keep after it.

I like the updates.
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Another few months, and it wil look like Mad Dogs backyard!!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

AlisoBob wrote:Another few months, and it wil look like Mad Dogs backyard!!
AND ABOUT $450,000.00
Been there its like a fricken 6-star motel if there is such a thing. sorry Mike
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
mxracr121

Post by mxracr121 »

ISBB wrote:why do you think im moving to arizona...

1600sq ft house, 2.5 acre's complete with detached 3 car garage.. County assessed at 125k :P This is between casa grande and tucson. in BFE.
You moving to Red Rock? I didn't think there was anything that cheap over there anymore.
Too much of a puss for a 500!

www.approvedpainting.net
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

lewisclan wrote:
AlisoBob wrote:Another few months, and it wil look like Mad Dogs backyard!!
AND ABOUT $450,000.00
Been there its like a fricken 6-star motel if there is such a thing. sorry Mike

It's all good even though I think you're overstating a bit. Thanks anyway.

It all started 30 years ago with a small house that I had no idea how I was going to afford.
The downpayment came from 1 tax return, 5 motorcycles, 1 Austin Healy.
I encouraged a friend of mine to rent a room for 6 months to help ease the pain. 6 mos. and 1 day he was out. :lol:
Even though it hasn't been smooth and easy, I never regretted it.

Making the plunge and buying that first house at a young age was one of the best things I have ever done.
That's why I encourage everyone to go for it. :cool:
Uzi

Post by Uzi »

Mad Dog wrote: It's all good even though I think you're overstating a bit. Thanks anyway.

It all started 30 years ago with a small house that I had no idea how I was going to afford.
The downpayment came from 1 tax return, 5 motorcycles, 1 Austin Healy.
I encouraged a friend of mine to rent a room for 6 months to help ease the pain. 6 mos. and 1 day he was out. :lol:
Even though it hasn't been smooth and easy, I never regretted it.

Making the plunge and buying that first house at a young age was one of the best things I have ever done.
That's why I encourage everyone to go for it. :cool:
Thats sounds a lot like my story didn't know how I could afford the payments and still find the time and money to work on the place. It hasn't been the easiest or smoothest for me either but I love it so far. I got a roommate that has also been a good friend of mine for a long time. He also rides and its been great to have another person to split up the bills with. I make the rent cheap and hes got the shop to keep all his toys in with mine so its a good deal for him too.

My parents have been great in helping me out with a lot of the labor and cleaning. They stayed one weekend last fall before the weather got cold and between my mom's painting and cleaning and the work my dad put in outside with the trailer demo and fence pulling the place looks worlds different. With 3 12+ hour days they put in with me I think we got more done than I had in the month before that.

I can't say enough for my friends and family they taken my good thing and made it even better. I got a long ways to go but I knew I was in for the long haul when I bought it. :)

Edit: maddog put up some pics of your place if you've got them I like to see projects like that gives me more motivation for mine. :lol:
1982 XR200
1985 CR500 86' Motor
1990 CR500 85' Motor
2000 CR250
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

mxracr121 wrote:
ISBB wrote:why do you think im moving to arizona...

You moving to Red Rock? I didn't think there was anything that cheap over there anymore.
Not IN redrock... going to be more east of the powerplant out off misslebase road.. :D Thats the county assessed value on our property at the moment... not sure of the appraised value as everything was built by hand and started with a land purchase over 10 years ago. :D I know the property in the town of redrock has gone up though. I will be moving by november at the latest or sooner depending on wether or not i find a job first.
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC