Gen 1 AF kit needed URGENTLY

Come on in, No registration needed.... Thinkin' about stepping up to the ultimate dirtbike? Ask any questions you need answered.

ALSO: Post anything your looking for, or that is taking up space and you want to get ride of.. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN THE BUYER / SELLER!
KTM Killer

Gen 1 AF kit needed URGENTLY

Post by KTM Killer »

Hi guys

Alex here from Tanzania East Africa , Im really keen to own the first CR500AF in Africa, but nobody can help me with a kit.

If there is anyone out there that can help me, please email me at: alex.oelofse@gmail.com

Cheers
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

honestly, if you can find someone capable of doing the welding, they can probably mock up something that would work. like a 1" cylinder shape with a side cut flat could be used for the franot mounts, some stacked washers can be used for the spacers, use the 250 coil so you won't need a coil adaptor, then the headstay will be the worst part. Find some 1/4" aluminum plate and cut the front half and back half of the headstay, then make a peice that will go in the middle, then drill for 2 bolts to go through the middle. I was planning on doing all that before we made the kits, but it really isn't cost effective to make 1 more kit. Plus I told Shanman I'd only do 1 run of them. It took us like 8 months to sell off 17 kits.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
kball1313

gen 1 kit

Post by kball1313 »

I have a pair of eng. mounts I bought from Danny that won't work on my Gen2. I'd gladly ship them if you want. The rest is cake.