Glamis ride Oct 18-21

Gather Up for IGG'S BIRFDAY BASH @ DOVE SPRINGS!! March 16-18 2012
Ported&Polished

Glamis ride Oct 18-21

Post by Ported&Polished »

Might as well post it here for all to see. Lets get a bunch of 2smoking hunny riders out there. We gotta make the fart machines feel bad as possible for costing a grip and not being as fast up the big hills and through the giant bowls. :twisted:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
britincali

Post by britincali »

Im in but you aint messing up my poop tank with your greasy shit!!!!!!!
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Ported&Polished

Don't worry, Fat free Pringles are not on my goodie list anymore.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

we are in too. I am loosing most of my clan I now have 4 kids out on there own so not sure how many of us will go but Cyd & I will be there
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
RodeHard

Post by RodeHard »

lewisclan wrote: I now have 4 kids out on there own
How the hell did you accomplish that Jay?
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

RodeHard wrote:
Can you hear the crickets now? :hijacked:

Oh, :oops: How bout wash 13? or does one like to see the crazies to and from boardmanville at wash 10. Oh wait a minute..... Brit needs wash 10 cause it closest to the beer.
But still if your gona be in a dust bowl may as well be furthest from the store.
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

RodeHard wrote:
Since you asked it has been a pain in the ass I am divorced & remarried so I only get my kids on the weekend I rent them as I pay child support and pay for all the big $$ stuff over there as well as the crap we have around here.
Anyway my oldest girl is 25or26? And she is a stay at home mom w-3 kids it’s great to be a grandpa.
My 2nd oldest girl is working this summer as she will be starting her 2nd year in collage at Point Loma Nazarene.
1st oldest Step son Camron graduated high school & is enrolled in collage @ Fresno state
2nd oldest son Troy graduated high school and has a job down in San Diego.

3rd oldest Chance he turned 15 this year
Our little baby is James he will be turning 12 at the end of the month

Chance got an F on his last report card (not good) so he lost his cr250 as some of you recall chance did not ride at the AZ 500 board ride for the same class he had a bad grade in. he is a man with out a bike. He will still attend the rides but won’t ride the 250 I will loan him a 500 now & then so I have some one to ride with.

James is still a A student & as some of you know he rides a cr500 & an rm80 I bought the 500 for Chance but he did not want to give up the 250 for it so James got it, it was to be his 12 -y birthday present now that its coming up James wants to trade the 500 for a 03 yzf 250 we have that has been all rebuild and its a real clean nice bike so we are going to let him have the yz.
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Ported&Polished

Figured I'd bump this post seeing how it's been a couple months already since the last bump. It's getting closer to go time for this fun ride, don't miss out.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

still in
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Me too.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

sounds like about 20 dudes so far. alot from the other site are going. should make for a few kodak moments
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

lewisclan wrote:Iggy can you post a quallity map like your known for , also is there going to be room for my rig, whos arriving 1st ?
Ok here they are;

Hmmm how can I explain this, See how each end of a V points to the RR tracks? Good. At each point there is a small bridge. #1 starts just passed the Glamis store. Count to 13. Each bridge is painted with the # on it. Once you pass #13 hang about a 45* to the right. I'll be back there somewhere, Its wide open, so not hard to find someone.
Click for larger image. Wash 13 is across from the word TED.

Store, RR tracks at left, and wash #1

Wash 10 To Boardmanville lower left. If you can't find Brit, check there first. ;)

Wash 13

Looking at Google Earth I figured out where Brawley slides are. I didn't know it was straight out from 12-13. We'll have to check that out.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

iggys-amsoil wrote:
Hmmm how can I explain this, See how each end of a V points to the RR tracks? Good. At each point there is a small bridge.
Bridge might be the wrong word... These things spanning the wash arent that big.

This is obviously Wash #1. dont go by appearance, they get repainted all the time.

You should count on your fingers and toes Brit.....

Wash #13 is about 2.5 miles in .
Ported&Polished

Directions to Glamis from Los Angeles
1. Take the 10FWY past Palm Springs and Indio to the 86S Expressway. 2. Take the 86S past the Salten Sea were it will join with the 78. The 86 and 78 will run concurrent from here to Brawley. 3. Continue past Westmoreland, past Brawley- get fuel and groceries here, it's your last chance. You wan't to stay on the 78 out of Brawley (it's the street you came in on) 4. The 78 will join with the 115 and run concurrent. As HWY 78/115 makes a big sweeping turn (90degrees) to the right, HWY 78 turns to the left. There is a sign that says Glamis. Take this turn slow. 5. Continue on the 78 to the Dunes.(about19 miles) The first road you hit in Glamis is Gecko Road on the right.
Directions to Glamis from Arizona
1. Take the 10 west out of Arizona and as you pass Blythe, California exit on HWY 78 (Neighbors Blvd) and turn left(south). 2. Take HWY 78 through Ripley and Palo Verde to Glamis (about 50 miles). 3. The first place you'll see is the Glamis Beach Store after the train tracks.
Directions to Glamis from San Diego
1. Take the I-8 east to El Centro. 2. Take the HWY 111 exit north. 3. You can take HWY 111 to HWY 78, but there is lots of traffic signals. To avoid traffic on HWY 111 turn right (east) on S-80 right after you exit I-8. 4. Take S-80 and turn Left (north) on HWY 115. 5. Take HWY 115 to HWY 78 and turn right (east). 6. The 78 will take you into Glamis. The first road you hit will be Gecko Road.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Got it :D
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Ported&Polished wrote:Directions to Glamis from Los Angeles
Take this turn slow.
Ya its majorly off camber.

Also, most don't go this way, but I think it saves a few miles and by pass' brawley.

Once on 86S, turn right at Airport Blvd, there is a signal light there, go over RR tracks and turn left. (Stop at Date Shake place a couple of miles down.) Now your on Hwy 111. Calipatria is about 70 miles, you can get gas there. Turn left at hwy 115 or you can go straight and it takes you to Brawley. 115 turns south and meets up with hwy 78 about 5 miles east of Brawley, turn left.

86S is a four lane hwy whereas 111 is two. 111 is more senic for the Salton Sea but its not nearly as smooth as 86S. The chioce is yours. I'm usually in to dam a hurry togo 86S.
AlisoBob wrote:Bridge might be the wrong word... These things spanning the wash arent that big.
True, and they get repainted different now and then, the main thing is the # thats painted on them.

Zoom out once
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?se ... a&zipcode=
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

do phones work over there ?
Ported&Polished

lewisclan wrote:do phones work over there ?
At wash 13? Mine works at the washes I've been to, which includes as far back as 10 or 11. At Gecko, my phone drops calls alot.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

this will be our next ride
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

We will prolly be in. You thumper bashers better bring game!! It maybe less power then the big 5'r but its the DRIVER that matters... :D
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
redridermv

Post by redridermv »

This might be my first first dune trip of the season...can't wait.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

BIKES STILL RIPPED APART NOT SURE IF WE WILL MAKE IT.
stearing stem bearings frozen looks like we will have to set this one out
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Talking all that smack and now you are gonna bail too?? :lmao:

Guess you have time to make Dumont and ride my hundy now eh??

Love ya!! HAHAHAHA
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
Ported&Polished

That's a bummer, but there are rides all season to Glamis for me, at least once a month. I will post when I am going next time, maybe you can make it then.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

lewisclan wrote:BIKES STILL RIPPED APART NOT SURE IF WE WILL MAKE IT.
stearing stem bearings frozen looks like we will have to set this one out
Still got three weeks.