CR250 OR CRF450

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
ben

CR250 OR CRF450

Post by ben »

Hi all witch would be the best frame to use for the A/F
I was thinking about the CR250 as it would be less work with not having to move the Y but iv been looking at TREEMTRUBBLE bike and that is sweet and a very clean way of doin it.

So i now will be cutting the Y out and atempting somthing like that so now im thinking about using a CRF450 any sugestions on witch frame to use and tips well be highly welcome.

I have never ally welded before so i am goin to start practicing before i atempt welding the frame can anyone give me any tips on this
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

The Gen 3 250 chassis is one of the best Honda made. It handles much better than the 450 so, IMO, I would go 250.

If you're tall, you may want the extra room of the 450.

Best of luck. :cool:
ben

Post by ben »

Im thinkinking of using an 07 CR or CRF when i have the funds
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

I'd still go with the CR. The bottom mounts will work, the tank will work without modifying and no airbox allignment problems. No such luck with the 450.

If you have the choice, go with the CR250.

$.02
Slow old Fart

Re: CR250 OR CRF450

Post by Slow old Fart »

ben wrote:Hi all witch would be the best frame to use for the A/F
I was thinking about the CR250 as it would be less work with not having to move the Y but iv been looking at TREEMTRUBBLE bike and that is sweet and a very clean way of doin it.

So i now will be cutting the Y out and atempting somthing like that so now im thinking about using a CRF450 any sugestions on witch frame to use and tips well be highly welcome.

I have never ally welded before so i am goin to start practicing before i atempt welding the frame can anyone give me any tips on this
You have got to be kidding me,send it to a professional for welding. or do a gen1 250 but i feel the new bikes are way better so save your money and do a newer 250 but if you are real tall the gen 1 450 fits best.
ben

Post by ben »

ok im goin to start looking for a cr 250 then would i be better changeing the suspension for the 450 ones and rads or will the 250 stuff work fine
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

Just save your money and do a gen 3 250 and have a professional do the welding work. Make a AF one time!
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

Slow old Fart wrote:Just save your money and do a gen 3 250 and have a professional do the welding work. Make a AF one time!
That's exactly what I did. :cool:
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

CR500R-G3 wrote:
Slow old Fart wrote:Just save your money and do a gen 3 250 and have a professional do the welding work. Make a AF one time!
Where are you in Forida,I am in Gainesville
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

Slow old Fart wrote:
CR500R-G3 wrote:
Where are you in Forida,I am in Gainesville
I'm in Orange Park just South of Jacksonville and about 90 minutes away from Gainesville.
2weelz

Post by 2weelz »

Hey, I'm from Orange Park on Fleming Island. I just moved to Orlando a few months ago.
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

2weelz wrote:Hey, I'm from Orange Park on Fleming Island. I just moved to Orlando a few months ago.
Dang, small world. :cool: