500 in Boise

Come on in, No registration needed.... Thinkin' about stepping up to the ultimate dirtbike? Ask any questions you need answered.

ALSO: Post anything your looking for, or that is taking up space and you want to get ride of.. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN THE BUYER / SELLER!
Tharrell

500 in Boise

Post by Tharrell »

This new rider finally came to his senses and wants to trade/sell his recently acquired 500.
He's on the ATM forum, Honda 2 stroke section if anyone in the Boise area is interested.
Here's his post.

Ok, It is just a little to fast for me, It wants to come up all the way through 5th gear. Just a little throttle pulls the front up. I could probally learn to ride it, but on the tight forest trails we have, It cannot go slow enough for my wife. And you are right, it will wear me out. Besides, my wife saw the front come up in 4th gear and does not want me on it. We talked, and now I need a 250 four stroke, and maybe an older 125 or 250 two stroke or 250 4 stroke for us to have as a spare and for a buddy to use so I can go riding when the wife is busy. I really dont know what to ask for the bike though. It is in really good shape, Starts in a kick when warm and 2 or three when cold, even for me. It really takes a whole body kick though.Any body have a couple bikes to trade or know what I should ask? I live in the Boise area but would be willing to drive a little for the right bikes, Thanks
jarnott71

Post by jarnott71 »

he should keep the bike and trade off the wife :lol:
no wing no prayer
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

i agree :lol:
CR525Bruce

Post by CR525Bruce »

He's not worthy of a 500, maybe a moped with nobbies is more his speed and the wifey won't be mad at him.
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Well, it is his first bike.
I wouldn't recommend it for the first bike.
Besides, it just leaves more for those who truly love it.
homenf

Post by homenf »

My wife would't have a say in what bike I ride unless she was my mechanic or sponcer. I have a bike for her so she can tell me what needs to change on her bike.

Someone buy that bike from the whipped dude.
94 CR125
06 CR500AF

"I'd give you my two cents on this hope and change thing, but I can't afford to anymore."
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I made a pitstop by the shop with the wife and the boy lastnight to unload another bike, nothing was said :wink: