***Update*** gen 3 progess

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
Flatbiller

***Update*** gen 3 progess

Post by Flatbiller »

After much debate I finally had my gen 3 completely redone. I took it to my buddy to have him start hacking in to this thing, he was less than thrilled at the previous guys work and said his welds are less than solid and I quote Ifyou rode this you prolly would of died. Any ways so after 18 hours of dremeling out the welds with carbide cutting tips and searching all over las Vegas to find a guy who could bend my tube( thanks Danny) we finally got the new y and motor mounts(thanks Cr Denny) welded in.
I forgot roosty provided the rails!
So here she is

sorry for the large photos I dunno how to re size them off an I phone
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

Ad yes I am aware that the radiators are too close. I am planing on using longer bolts with 3 washers to give it the correct space
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

sweet :cool: . how did he bend em ?
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

After calling 10 race shops and 5 bike shooed and at least 12 custom gate shops, Danny graves told me about this dude that did his welding and I was in luck he had the dies to bend one inch square stock, so the first bend the guy in the shop bent it and snapped it in half! I guess my buddy went back there and bent them on his bender. The shop guy was trying to bend them to fast and broke them. And while he was there he made milled down some solid 1 inch to make the sleeves to slide in to the rails.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

thats classic. your buddy told the dude to step aside and he bent em :lol: . i did that one time at a bike shop. took all day to mount a paddle and they still couldnt mount it. i walked back and took over the tire machine and did it myself :lmao:
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

Well some times you got to do it your self! Lol. Im totally estatic with the bike!