Race lights on a cr500

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Flatbiller

Race lights on a cr500

Post by Flatbiller »

I want to but an 8 inch race light on my 2000 Cr 500, any one no what the coil out put is?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

0.00005 watts

:?
Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

Stock is zero watts. To run any serious light you need a eline or hm external lighting coil. I think they are rated at 200w.

Also available is the electrex stator but I think they are only 35w or so.

Service Honda digital is a joke according to those in the know and for the price I'd be taking their word on that fact. Alisobob knows more info on these than I do.

Hope this helps!
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

I though they don't make eline any more. The other is hm? I want to power a 8 inch halogen. Any thing service Honda sucks. That's a given lol
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

even with a 250 ignition and a 60 watt coil it still sucks, at idle a 50 watt bulb just glows, if you want your full 50 watts you gotta be revving it
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

I was looking at trail tech today. They got a battery setup for and 8" runs it for 4.5 hours. Sounds promising!
AdmirableSoup

Post by AdmirableSoup »

Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

That thing looks massive!
AdmirableSoup

Post by AdmirableSoup »

Quoted from their website description-

"A 4 LED light in a compact 2x2 package that can be used for anything from a reverse light on a truck, a handlebar light on a Motorcycle, to a flood light on a trailer. With over 1300 lumens of light in each one, this small light has the same light output as a 50W MR16. At a small 3"-3" this light can fit anywhere. Pulling only 15W you won't find a more efficient, compact light source in HID or halogen. This light pulls half of what your stock turn signals use. Please contact us for a variety of mounting solutions including rechargeable battery packs. "

Personally, I want these on my bike.
AdmirableSoup

Post by AdmirableSoup »

double post.
Last edited by AdmirableSoup on March 29th, 2011, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

Now I do have a 94 cr250 ignition set up, would this give me enough juice to run a 35w hid bulb?
rallen

Post by rallen »

What do you guys think?

Run a 35 watt stator and use a Shorai Lith battery that is equal to the Trail Tech battery set up in amp hrs (I think it equalled 14 amp hrs).

If trail techs will run the light for 2.5 hrs, then this setup should atleast do the same, and the stator should charge the battery during day use if not running the light.

If you ran a Ridgid LED, it should work even better without needing a large stator.

http://www.trailtech.net/6600-LIC.html
http://www.shoraipower.com/c-1-batteries.aspx
homenf

Post by homenf »

I run the Service Honda Ignition with lighting coil and like it. I tried a moose lighting coil and it wouldn't fit under the flywheel.
94 CR125
06 CR500AF

"I'd give you my two cents on this hope and change thing, but I can't afford to anymore."