Post by AlisoBob »

I FRIGGIN' DO!!!!!!
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

:headbang:
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

That was awesome Bob, thanks.
I used to load weapons on them until the F15 came along.
One thing, it's one loud plane when they do touch and go.
Rattles the ground you're standing on.
About 12 years ago I did some searching for stuff like this but never saw passes that low.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Nice
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

I just had to watch that again, fullscreen this time.
btw-Once they added the 20mm gun and got the missiles reliable, they scattered a shitload of mig parts all over southeast asia.
With those 2 massive engines, that plane was more missile itself.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

This is Hughes Aircraft... Culver City.

The largest building slightly left of center is where the Spruce Goose was built. Its the only structure still standing.

The high playa at 7 o'clock is where me and my buddies would sit for hours and watch Hughes F-4's take off to go out over the Pacific for missle launch test......

Kids today have no such oppertunities.....

:cry: :cry: :cry:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

You going to this Bob? That would be pretty friggen cool to attend!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Its more of a real estate walk, than a history lesson.

Would still be cool though.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Cool footage. I am not really a plane guy at all, does that thing have a way to redirect thrust or something, it seems like it can fly really slow for its size and I am sure weight given the wing size.

I was driving my little dune buggy about 10 years ago off road from Vegas to Reno and got buzzed out in the middle of nowhere by some bad ass jet. He flew over the top from behind me and scared me pretty good, he then went out and turned around...like 10 miles or something, didn't take long! He then flew back at me all slow tipping it from side to side, when he flew over the second time I could see his wasp looking helmet and everything...it was so cool. I would love to play with our govenments zillion dollar toys, must be such a downer when you retire though ....yeah I'm riding a cr500 at 90 woo hoo :cry: .
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Massive GE engines are the only thrust vectoring that thing has.
Got it into and out of a fight quick.

You can fly one here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCQnRKPIYZc
sugarshane

Post by sugarshane »

Sweet vid!!!
Reminds me of the first "Top Flyer" award I got when I was stationed at Hill AFB. Part of my "reward" was getting to sit in the tower on the UTTR (Utah Test and Training Range) during an exercise. I got to watch F-16's, F-15's, F-18's, A-10's, B-2's, British Tornado's and German F-4's tear shit up!!! I got to watch them drop training bombs and do strafing passes. The German Pilots were getting pretty low and hauling ass with the F-4's. Other than watching 2 Warthogs literally saw school buses in half, the F-4's were the most fun to watch!
And it was powered by the J79 which was the first engine to utilize variable stators! I have always loved the F-4's.... proof that even a brick will fly with enough thrust because the glide ratio is only like 2:1 :shock: :shock: :shock:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

ok i may not get this exactly right ,but we had a guy that was a part time manager at the honda shop i worked at , had to be about 1973 , his name was Rich Maxwell , was an f4 pilot in nam , his f4 blew up on take off with a full bomb load , he and his seat were the single biggest remaining part of the wreckage which was scatered over a mile thru the jungle . if i remember right he was in a coma for many months , and the story went he broke as many bones as evil kienivel did in his career in one second, he worked part time because by noon he was in so much pain he would have to go home and rest. eventually he got his knees and ankles fused and i think he went on to fly again for a small commercial airline. i'll try to find out more as it is an incredible story , i was in high school, wish i had paid more attention to what happened to him after he left the bike shop, awesome guy who didnt bitch about how bad he was hurtin, or how it happened just like all the heros who serve our county
sugarshane

Post by sugarshane »

OUTKAST INC. wrote:ok i may not get this exactly right ,but we had a guy that was a part time manager at the honda shop i worked at , had to be about 1973 , his name was Rich Maxwell , was an f4 pilot in nam , his f4 blew up on take off with a full bomb load , he and his seat were the single biggest remaining part of the wreckage which was scatered over a mile thru the jungle . if i remember right he was in a coma for many months , and the story went he broke as many bones as evil kienivel did in his career in one second, he worked part time because by noon he was in so much pain he would have to go home and rest. eventually he got his knees and ankles fused and i think he went on to fly again for a small commercial airline. i'll try to find out more as it is an incredible story , i was in high school, wish i had paid more attention to what happened to him after he left the bike shop, awesome guy who didnt bitch about how bad he was hurtin, or how it happened just like all the heros who serve our county
Lucky S.O.B.!!!