link to the unfindable cr1000

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

link to the unfindable cr1000

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

jimmy_cr500

Post by jimmy_cr500 »

that is pretty cool.

it is obviously not the trick1racing engine though.

it will be interesting to see if that thing ever goes on a dyno, i bet it will be around 10-15% more power than if you just multiplied a normal CR500's output by two.

eg. if those cylinders are good for 60hp each on a normal single cyl 500, then i think it will be between 130 and 140hp, due to only having to run one ignition, one water pump, one tranny and clutch, with two cylinders!
matt_NC

Post by matt_NC »

can someone embed that or something?

For us non-members :roll:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

as a quote....

Motoman wrote:It's been nearly a year since I posted about this project here...but we're *very* close to done with the R&D on our twin-cylinder CR500 (nee CR1000) machine. Basically down to getting the carbs tuned properly...will be competing this coming weekend at the AMA Amateur National Hillclimb Championship at the Devil's Staircase if you happen to be around...

We are wondering if there's any market for such a motor...we built this because we *could* and if no one else wants one, that's OK with us. But, we'd have interest in either maybe making some kind of kit to do it yourself (would be pretty tricky and require excellent fabrication skills) and/or a service to build such motors for you.

The question I'd like to pose to the forums is...does anyone want any such thing? Obviously the market would be rather limited...other than hillclimb, I could potentially see maybe drag racing, ATV sand drags maybe...sand rails...midget sprint cars...etc.

Lots of people have tried to make a twin-cylinder CR500 motor...and failed. Ours works. And although you need to be really good in a machine shop to build one...the honest truth is that it fundamentally is not a complex project. Simple, solid, and reliable.

Take a peek at the photos here...and let me know if you think there's a market.

http://video.lpmotocross.com/top-50-tim ... ip-day-one
matt_NC

Post by matt_NC »

Thank you!!!

That thing is pretty wild looking.

I'd love to take that for a spin around my neighborhood on a Sunday morning :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: