weld cracked rim......

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
qkenuf4u

weld cracked rim......

Post by qkenuf4u »

my front is cracked about a 1/3rd the way across.. clean break in between spokes.. would you weld it and ride it or throw it away and find another ? will it survive road duty ? building a motard and cant afford my 17's yet so gonna run sportsman type setup.... :?
thanks
lance
Joshwfl

Post by Joshwfl »

Can't say whether it would hold or not, but my life wouldn't be worth taking the risk.
maddog1927

Post by maddog1927 »

Joshwfl wrote:Can't say whether it would hold or not, but my life wouldn't be worth taking the risk.
Just keep on the gas and ride it like a unicycle :wink:

Seriously I think it would hold fine, kinda depends on the type of riding you do as far as weather to risk it or not.

Probably more expensive and more of a pita than just finding a used one. Try posting a WTB in the junk yard. Lots of guys doing conversions have spare parts.
qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

maddog1927 wrote:
Joshwfl wrote:Can't say whether it would hold or not, but my life wouldn't be worth taking the risk.
Just keep on the gas and ride it like a unicycle :wink:

Seriously I think it would hold fine, kinda depends on the type of riding you do as far as weather to risk it or not.

Probably more expensive and more of a pita than just finding a used one. Try posting a WTB in the junk yard. Lots of guys doing conversions have spare parts.
im in havasu so its gonna be mostly street with some dirt thrown in.. i do plan on small jumps etc...
ive posted about a rim and found multiple but the shipping is always a killer on the deal....
if things go right i might have a job in a couple weeks so the 17's might be here sooner than i think.. :cool:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

i have a welded rim on the front of one of my bikes, its done the tripple a few times and taked a beating on logs