Will need someone to do some framework in the future

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

CR500 4 Ever wrote: Nobody here wants a S.H.
Untrue.... Everyone wants a quality bike. With buying a S/H...its hit and miss as to what you get.

http://cr500riders.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1230826419

Shit like this shouldnt happen , considering how many bikes S/H has produced.

Again, we will be labeled as bashers, for pointing out the obvious....

Whatever.....

:roll:
teemtrubble

Re: Will need someone to do some framework in the future

Post by teemtrubble »

NightBiker07 wrote:well, since i am completely devoid of the tools to weld aluminum, after i pick up another bike in the nearish future (prolly going to be a 2nd gen CR250)
i will need someone to do the frame mods.

Anyone on here i could ship the frame to and have the work done?
an approx. price would be nice too :D

when i get the bike and the motor to do this, i do not know, just trying to get a baseline established :)
If you want some help call me at 805 306-9840
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:eatdrink:
just came inside from a day of preping the bike for dumont and building my stealth motor.... what an entertaining read!!! :lol:
so, dude, if you were going to start doing conversions, why would you go through the effort of all those billet peices?????
why not just do it the way us homebrew guys do it? relocate the Y and get some square tubing, bend it and weld :D Mike goes above and beyond to make super nice bikes, and I'm pretty sure AJ does a billet Y because it saves a butt load of time by not having the trim down and cut out the stock Y, just easier to do a strait cut and slide on a billet peice. there is no need for the added strength, I believe honda knows what they are doing :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

AlisoBob wrote:Shit like this shouldnt happen , considering how many bikes S/H has produced.

Again, we will be labeled as bashers, for pointing out the obvious....

Whatever.....

:roll:
Unbelievable that numerous people have had to relocate their CDI box...that's just preposterous. I would shit...10000$ to redo mods...:shock:

People can call me a basher all they want...I won't bash work that isn't worthy of a bashing and i know you don't either Bob, i gotcha back boiiii...
NightBiker07

Re: Will need someone to do some framework in the future

Post by NightBiker07 »

teemtrubble wrote:
NightBiker07 wrote:well, since i am completely devoid of the tools to weld aluminum, after i pick up another bike in the nearish future (prolly going to be a 2nd gen CR250)
i will need someone to do the frame mods.

Anyone on here i could ship the frame to and have the work done?
an approx. price would be nice too :D

when i get the bike and the motor to do this, i do not know, just trying to get a baseline established :)
If you want some help call me at 805 306-9840
thanks man! i think i should be OK though if i can get a billet Y made up and get the front mounts ordered, it will be a piece of cake after i get started.

When i get everything cut out and take some measurements, could you run a piece of material through a CNC and have it made, or do you send out machine-shop parts like that?
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

go back to danny's first answer to this post and you will save yourself alot of headache. Mike is not supplying anyone with Y's and you dont need one to do a gen 2 anyway.
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

This is just an example, but i got this headstay made out of billet at an old friend of my dads machine shop. I basically only paid for the material and what it cost them to make it was 120$ cad...so I'm only using that as an example...imagine how much a billet Y section machined out would cost you...it's not worth it imo, just raise your Y section up and leave it stock...

I dig this headstay though...worth the money
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Balaclava wrote:This is just an example, but i got this headstay made out of billet at an old friend of my dads machine shop. I basically only paid for the material and what it cost them to make it was 120$ cad...so I'm only using that as an example...imagine how much a billet Y section machined out would cost you...it's not worth it imo, just raise your Y section up and leave it stock...

I dig this headstay though...worth the money
X2. It really is easy to just move the Y section up.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

i am not understanding how to move the Y section UP without adding material under it. otherwise, you will raise the engine cradle however much you move the Y up.

i know its more complicated than just welding another inch of crdle on, because you need more welding surface area in order to have a structurally sound build.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Read this page and it should be clear what to do.
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... c&start=15

You cut the lower tubes and add a piece of solid stock in each tube. Plug weld and fill in the difference and grind/file to match the look of the existing tubes. Lots of builds show this method, just look a little further. :)
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

Here's an example of my bike...pretty sure this would work on a gen2...

Image[/img]
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

I was looking for your pictures when I wrote that out :lol: :lol:
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

Exnav wrote:I was looking for your pictures when I wrote that out :lol: :lol:
:lol:
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

You have to add material or build a complete new set of craddles. Your doing this to make room for the forward engine mount and for water pump clearance. Also raising the Y section must be done to give clearance for the exhaust manifold and the bolts. I just got done building my Gen 2 in September. So all of it is still fresh in my mind.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Here are some pictures of my frame also. It is a 2001 CR250.

The first ones are befor I cut the frame, to give example why you have to cut it. The latter pics are sfter it was welded and assembled.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Okay, i get it!

Thanks a ton. now, i just need a motor and a pipe with the electrical components, and i'll be ready to make it happen.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Yup, you were making it too hard. See teemtrubble if you want a pipe/silencer that you won't have to modify and is a bolt on.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

if you use this method, you don't have to buy motor mounts, just reposition the stock front mounts :wink: check algavas gen-3 build, I believe I posted a link earlier in this thread.
this is the method I used for my gen-3
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

here are some pics from my gen-3 should be very similar
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

WTF is the air cooled chopper doing there?
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Exnav wrote:Yup, you were making it too hard. See teemtrubble if you want a pipe/silencer that you won't have to modify and is a bolt on.
what all is involved in modifying a pipe for the GEN 2? mounting tabs are simple, and some light repositioning of the stinger is do-able. major acking it part, and ill be buying a pipe.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

all of my a/fs just got the rear mount chopped off and modified the front mount on the frame. the pipes don't need any serious modification. I'll get Andy on here to talk more about gen-2 specifics, like his exhaust mounts, headstay, swingarm spacers (same offset as gen-1, so gen-1 spacers work, or have a machine shop make like 4mm and 6mm wide).
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

AlisoBob wrote:WTF is the air cooled chopper doing there?
that was the '76 cb750 I got from a guy at work for $200 :twisted: it was super clean, but sat for 8 years because he and a shop couldn't track down an electrical issue. ended up being some corroded connectors :roll: cleaned the carbs, replaced the petcock o-ring, serviced points, adjusted valves and changed oil and she was good to go!
I was gonna build a cafe racer out of it, but then the wife saw me doing burnouts in front of the house and heard me getting it up to like 80 on the street by the house and said it "had to go!"
the thing was fun as all hell and had 4 strait pipes! but yeah, I s9old it for $1250 to a tatooed and peirced up dude who was going to execute my cafe racer plan.
I wanted to make it look similar to this one
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

NightBiker07 wrote:
Exnav wrote:Yup, you were making it too hard. See teemtrubble if you want a pipe/silencer that you won't have to modify and is a bolt on.
what all is involved in modifying a pipe for the GEN 2? mounting tabs are simple, and some light repositioning of the stinger is do-able. major acking it part, and ill be buying a pipe.
I have an FMF pipe on my bike. The only thing I did to it was drill another hole in the rear mount and use the 250 hanger. I used the 500 hanger in the front, and bought a PC silencer from Mike that bolts right up.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

NightBiker07 wrote:
I have an FMF pipe on my bike. The only thing I did to it was drill another hole in the rear mount and use the 250 hanger. I used the 500 hanger in the front, and bought a PC silencer from Mike that bolts right up.