nevadacr500 at it again

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Gimme a AMEN brother...

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

ou812 wrote:Bottom line, the bike is for riding, not stroking. If your into the wax, stroke, polish thing and don't want to get ragged on, would it not be best to do it with something like a collector car or a hog?

That bike is for serious riding by someone who can aleast ride descent. I keep my bikes clean but I ain't afraid to rip into deep mud holes or wad the bike up once and a while.
bullpucky..the bike is meant for whoever can pay for it.........show me where any person needs to justify their skill to purchase a bike. And what defines a collectors bike? maybe in his mind this is a collecotors bike. You may disagree but still the fact remains it his bike and it's his business.

What you choses to do with your ride is all up to you.

My post was in partialy response to the comments I see directed AJ recently and to other posts in the past both here and on the "other site." I'm sorry but I don't see the humor on bagging people for legaly doing what they want to do and by all acounts enjoying themselves.

Bob you equate this to my writing up about funny cop stories, I dissagree. (And BTW so does the Calif supreme court). Crooks commit illegal acts, these acts, the consequences and the investigations are all public information. But when you rip into another person on a public forum and in such a matter as to cause real harm, finnacial or otherwise it is illegal and more importanly it is morally wrong.

There is legitimate criticism and then there is inuedo and rumor. I see a lot more of the later around here. Like I said it is getting old. I may be alone on this and if that's the case so be it. Somehow I just don't think this is how men should behave.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

rabbit wrote:Crooks commit illegal acts....

Keeping a CR500AF locked up in the garage, performing unneeded work while displaying poor workmanship and above all , caving into "Mommy's" wishes .....should be considered "Crimes against Hoon-ism"

:wink:
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

AlisoBob wrote:
rabbit wrote:Crooks commit illegal acts....

Keeping a CR500AF locked up in the garage, performing unneeded work while displaying poor workmanship and above all , caving into "Mommy's" wishes .....should be considered "Crimes against Hoon-ism":wink:
Amen and pass the premix!
heavyhoon

Post by heavyhoon »

These people exsistin every part of society.Same people that go out in spend $15000.00 on a harley,then nother 10K in chrome and wont put 1500 miles on the thing in a year.Posers
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

1500 miles is a hell of a lot better than ZERO.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

rabbit wrote:
Bob you equate this to my writing up about funny cop stories, I dissagree. (And BTW so does the Calif supreme court). Crooks commit illegal acts, these acts, the consequences and the investigations are all public information. But when you rip into another person on a public forum and in such a matter as to cause real harm, finnacial or otherwise it is illegal and more importanly it is morally wrong.
You write about your perps, before they have been convicted of anything!

"Charged" by the Po-Po means nothing.

Found "Guilty" by a Judge does.

The "Crooks" you write about are 100% innocent at the time you are posting.

You sure you want to debate me about MY morals?

This isnt about Randy either...
Last edited by AlisoBob on August 21st, 2007, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

rabbit wrote: Like I said it is getting old. I may be alone on this and if that's the case so be it. Somehow I just don't think this is how men should behave.
Your not alone. :wink:
Last edited by Mad Dog on August 21st, 2007, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

To me it's no big deal, apparently the seller has a history of posting some silly stuff and is getting a light hazzing here. Nothing illegal is going on, and nobody is getting hurt, it's all just normal funny stuff. I don't know why the dude is getting picked on, other then because the bike is set up oddly, maybe he is a doofus and deserves some flack. I'll just read and enjoy myself, after all, it's just the internet.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
britincali

Post by britincali »

Ported&Polished wrote: after all, it's just the internet.

:wink:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
ou812

Post by ou812 »

bullpucky..the bike is meant for whoever can pay for it.........show me where any person needs to justify their skill to purchase a bike. And what defines a collectors bike? maybe in his mind this is a collecotors bike. You may disagree but still the fact remains it his bike and it's his business
Legally yes you are correct, morally IMO you are wrong. Fact: in the USA you can go to war and die for your country when your 18, but that same person (bar one or two states) must be 21 just to down a beer. So what do we know as fact,age plays a part on how the state views what you may do. I beleive that you Rabbit are well aware of this and even haul drunk ass kids into jail base on age breaches.

So given that outline IMO 16 to 21 year old boys and girls should not be able to buy a OEM bike off a dealer floor such as a 170 mph GSXR or 190 mph Bussa. While they legally can, IMO it is morally wrong, wanna see some pics of kids turned into hamburgar, but no I don't think you do, you are a very smart person and your job gives you all that kind on nice stuff.

As for justifying skill to ride a bike, look to the UK, Britt can tell ya all about the system there, I hate regulations but that one deal where newbies must ride on small bikes first is good.

Also,
the bike is meant for whoever can pay for it.........

This is also true for some very very high power fire arms in your country, some so high that they will rip right in and out of a standard issue peace officers vest. Most people in your country can just buy them too if they have money. Does that make you feel good when your out on the job?.

So anyway one last point some feel this is just old, some like you feel this is unfair bashing on the guy. I personally don't know why he needs others to speak for him as for the other side of the coin

I may not know shit , but I do know you don't run your bikes with that kind of chain slack
britincali

Post by britincali »

ou812 wrote:
As for justifying skill to ride a bike, look to the UK, Britt can tell ya all about the system there, I hate regulations but that one deal where newbies must ride on small bikes first is good.

Ok I ain't lived at home for 7 years but here goes lol

1. Have to pass a CBT basic bike skills class on a max 125cc or 12 hp bike
2. Pass a writted test
3. Pass a road test
4. Ride a bike rated at max 125cc or 12hp for 1 year
5. Ride a bike rated at under 30hp for one year
6. Ride whatever you want!

I think thats the way it works but im not 100% :?

Its a nice system that gradually breaks people into bigger bikes the problem comes when people buy bikes rated at under 12hp and slap in huge motors (spike) or detune a CBR600 to 12 hp, get paperwork to prove it then de-cork it right after getting your plates. Why do you think all the crazy 100hp mopeds come from britain and europe!!!

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

rabbit wrote: ..the bike is meant for whoever can pay for it..........
this is a sad truth, you can't control who is allowed to buy a 500. But who wants to, thats how we get our bikes so cheep, people like this guy who buy 'em and never ride 'em. When it depreciates enough over time, he will sell it and it will go to a good home with an abusive hoon.

Its just like the other day when I was getting on the freeway and a whole row of cars was held up getting on the freeway at 45mph because some old dude in a shiney new z06 vette didn't buy it for the performance, infact he should have gotten a buick, but it wasn't the GM dealerships place to tell him that. He had the money, so he bought it.
Not to say it doesn't make me want to pull him out of his car and drive it like it was meant to be driven.
or the opposite end, I see WRXs and evos demolished on flat beds because 16 and 17 year olds get mommy and daddy to buy them a shiney new wrx sti for their bday and they have no idea how to drive it.
I had a friend named Marco in high school whos mom bought him a 1 year old impreza that was all done up with stand alone management and a 80 trim turbo, easily 550hp and he died on the toll road the next week. he is the reason CHP is on the 241 all the time now. Not only did he die, he killed a family when he drifted into oncoming traffic and the 15 YO girl sitting shotgun in his car was in a coma and I believe ended up in a wheel chair.
Can we do anything about this???NO
do we want to??? some may, but I don't, more laws and legal regulations only hurt people who follow them. Marcos car wasn't legal anyway and would have never passed smog.
Just like Brit was saying about the mopeds, not to say the honest guy can't handle a 600cc bike after a month on his 125, but he still won't be able to get one. They there is the idiot who can't handle it who wants to be cool and put a cr500 motor in a ysr50.
I might sound crass, but I think of it as a moden day darwinism. If your too stupid to know any better, or know your limits, then you get whats coming. Be it an expensive bike that you never ride and will sell for $5000 in a few more months, or even as far as death. As a society we protect way too much. Like seat belt laws...who cares, its your life, if your dumb enough not to wear it, you get whats coming!
Anyway, enough of my rant, I'm done.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

So, this went from a dude who likes to talk about himself and his LE to beating up on Rabbit???

I personally consider Rabbit as one of the "cool kids", just as I dig a few others on this site.... you guys know who you are :cool:

You guys lost me on this one. I guarantee Rabbit would go out of his way to help any Hoon on this board.
britincali

Post by britincali »

slomas wrote:
I personally consider Rabbit as one of the "cool kids"

You guys lost me on this one. I guarantee Rabbit would go out of his way to help any Hoon on this board.

Agreed 100% :clink:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
ou812

Post by ou812 »

So, this went from a dude who likes to talk about himself and his LE to beating up on Rabbit???
Who is beating up Rabbit?

Show me where I or anyone else took a shot at him out of the blue.

I hope you don't concider responding to a question he put forward to be some form of beating up, you don't do you?
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I hope no one took my rant as bashing on rabbit, its quite the opposite, I'm pretty much agreeing from a different prospective, and really just ranting while bored at work.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

slomas wrote: I guarantee Rabbit would go out of his way to help any Hoon on this board.
I have seen it first hand...

...very true.
conrod

Post by conrod »

Just for the record I don’t think Nevada deserved the treatment he got over there or here, it seems like he is a bit green mechanically but just wants to do the best for his bike, who says the chain is done yet, maybe in a hurry to take pics.

I would buy that bike in a second if I could afford it and get it past the wife, err what I mean is if she didn’t have other household priorities, em no that’s not right, OK OK fuck it, if she would let me, OK. .. I'm sure it's much the same for you guys, also for Nevada if he has to sell to move on to other stuff that’s a lot of $ so the wife/partner whatever is involved like it or not.

Bigger question is should Bob allow himself to be influenced by old buddies and current moderators from over there, this is his breakaway site and it should find it's own way, if you don’t like it you don’t have to come here, how many times did I hear that over there when someone got the ear twist.

By the way Bob, good one on the new approved vendor section, lots of good friendly forums have that sort of thing, assuming it's not all gone to hell already with paid advertisers, Quantum got that right.

conrod
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

conrod wrote:By the way Bob, good one on the new approved vendor section, lots of good friendly forums have that sort of thing, assuming it's not all gone to hell already with paid advertisers.
I'll never have paid advertisers, or members.....

Vendors, just treat my members well..... and your golden.

Members, have a good time and its all good.

This site is so cheap to run, you wouldnt beleive it!