Best Way to Hold Piston / Crank in Place

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

weve seen enough s/h photos. lets see some mikes photos :cool:
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

AlisoBob wrote: Using a hunk of wood is perectly acceptable.

Using miles of filler wire to fill a poor fitting joint isnt.

Wheres those photos of your bike you were going to post.....

........I thought so.
ImageImage
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
NightBiker07

Re: Holding Crank

Post by NightBiker07 »

CR500PHIL wrote:
Ok I was kinda afraid of putting that tension on the gears but if this is common practice then fine - my motor is out of the frame but I could do the same with chain around the sprocket - held in place.
i'll guarantee the motor puts way more stress on the gears when your riding ;)
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

i usually lock it up with the sprocket, or if the engines on the bench i do the penny mashing between the crank gear and clutchbasket :?
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

dude, a little electric impact can be had for like $50 and you'll use the shit out of it!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

dannygraves wrote:dude, a little electric impact can be had for like $50 and you'll use the shit out of it!

X2. I bought a 1/2" electric impact at Autozone for $49! Use it for all sorts of stuff. Pulled the clutch hub on my 90 several times with no problem.
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

AlisoBob wrote:
CR500 4 Ever wrote:
AlisoBob wrote:If the motor is out, a piece of wood dowel stuffed in the intake port will work.
Using a hunk of wood is perectly acceptable.

Using miles of filler wire to fill a poor fitting joint isnt.

Wheres those photos of your bike you were going to post.....

........I thought so.
Check it out, no worse than factory nor that much better adding to the "from the factory" look as suggested by S.H. As a consumer everyone has the right to demand a better product but do not expect better than factory when it is not promised. If a 1st owner of a S.H. bike is not satisfied quality wise I'm sure A.J. would do what's right (he always has) to make the customer happy. The contstat slander here towards S.H. is down right childish. Try riding, instead of looking at bikes. If you have all the answers why don't you produce a better quality, zero hour bike, for cheaper? I'll buy the first one. Be sure you compare apples to apples and do not skew circumstances in your favor. Try it, figure an '09 crf250, sell the motor, buy o zero hour CR500 motor (complete with wiring, carb and exhaust), machine and weld the cradle, modify the rads and add custom hoses. How does S.H.'s price look now? Sure you can get a used motor and rebuild it, score a used bike, send the frame to T.T.M. have it moidifyed and end up with a similar product with fabulous looking welds for not a lot cheaper. No thanks, I'll take the zero hour "factory" bike that I can get parts for off the shelf the next day. It's cheaper in the long run. :matrix:

britincali

Post by britincali »

Its sad when the welds on the $30 chinese stand look better than the bike....

Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

:doh: I can't believe how ugly their frames are...fuck
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

britincali wrote:Its sad when the welds on the $30 chinese stand look better than the bike....

It's sad when you can't see past the welds!
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

Balaclava wrote::doh: I can't believe how ugly their frames are...fuck
What exactly is it about the frame that is wrong? Tell me how it should be done. C 'mon really lay it on thick. :nyah:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

If every S/H looked like that, I dont think this thread ever would have started.... but they dont.

You post allot of shots, except that troublesome area at the left footpeg main casting.

If you bike looks fine there too, you got you moneys worth.

Some didnt.
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Props to you for posting pics of your bike.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Exnav wrote:Props to you for posting pics of your bike.
X2
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

AlisoBob wrote:
Exnav wrote:Props to you for posting pics of your bike.
X2
Well thank you, much appreciated. :clink:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

CR500 4 Ever wrote:
I hope at some point you can step back, and realize the "big picture".
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

AlisoBob wrote:
CR500 4 Ever wrote:
I hope at some point you can step back, and realize the "big picture".
And keep the comments or criticism in perspective and remember that more than likely if everyone was around a campfire talking about these things, people wouldn't get so butt hurt. :D
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

CR500 4 Ever wrote:
Balaclava wrote::doh: I can't believe how ugly their frames are...fuck
What exactly is it about the frame that is wrong? Tell me how it should be done. C 'mon really lay it on thick. :nyah:
Teemtrubble
AlGava
Balaclava
Chachi

Just a few Examples of how it should be done...fuck S/H and MPS bikes...
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Bob hit the nail on the head with his comparison to the Terminator 2 movie and TTM polished frame. Can you imagine the glare off that thing in full sunlight? :shock:
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

Exnav wrote:Bob hit the nail on the head with his comparison to the Terminator 2 movie and TTM polished frame. Can you imagine the glare off that thing in full sunlight? :shock:
Is that polished or chrome? Anyways the last pic, while a piece of welding art, looks like the extreme hard way to convert frame. We could bitch about it for days because we all have different tastes in how things should look. I will stick with solid billet thanks. As for the chrome one it is a copy of this bike AJ built awhile ago:

I agree, it looks amazing!
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

doesn't matter if AJ polished his frame...Mike still does much nicer conversions...As do i and almost everyone else on this message board...Props to s/h for being the top dog though...
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

Balaclava wrote:doesn't matter if AJ polished his frame...Mike still does much nicer conversions...As do i and almost everyone else on this message board...Props to s/h for being the top dog though...
What went down between the lower motor mounts on your frame?

Did you index it, paste it with a bunch of bead, then grind it down and polish it? If so, then your skills are not even close to Mike or AJ and should not be mentioned in the same sentence or page for that matter.
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

I just used my own bike as an example...it eats your s/h...don't fuck around boy...Dont ask me stupid fucking questions about how i did it...go look at my build thread...i converted that frame fresh of the hospital with minimal tools...I am obviously aware that i have nowhere near the abilities or hardware the big boy builders have...I never said i did...

Oh BTW if you ask Mike at Teemtrubble he will tell you that Algava's build is about as nice as they come, and i followed his build very closely and used pretty much the same idea. Algava did his thread and build super pro and detailed so people could do it like he did, he was hoping people would agree it is a good method...don't be an asshole and critisize good work...
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

CR500 4 Ever wrote:
Exnav wrote:Bob hit the nail on the head with his comparison to the Terminator 2 movie and TTM polished frame. Can you imagine the glare off that thing in full sunlight? :shock:
Is that polished or chrome? Anyways the last pic, while a piece of welding art, looks like the extreme hard way to convert frame. We could bitch about it for days because we all have different tastes in how things should look. I will stick with solid billet thanks. As for the chrome one it is a copy of this bike AJ built awhile ago:

I agree, it looks amazing!
The picture of polished bike isn't chrome number one and as for a copy of AJ's bike are you fucking kidding me? Do you think AJ is the first person to polish or chrome plate a bike and put black plastic's on it? C'mon I know you must have more common sense than that and don't believe that yourself as for the scheme like the one AJ built it was completly the customers idea.
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

Balaclava wrote:I just used my own bike as an example...it eats your s/h...don't fuck around boy...Dont ask me stupid fucking questions about how i did it...go look at my build thread...i converted that frame fresh of the hospital with minimal tools...I am obviously aware that i have nowhere near the abilities or hardware the big boy builders have...I never said i did...

Oh BTW if you ask Mike at Teemtrubble he will tell you that Algava's build is about as nice as they come, and i followed his build very closely and used pretty much the same idea. Algava did his thread and build super pro and detailed so people could do it like he did, he was hoping people would agree it is a good method...don't be an asshole and critisize good work...
Alrighty then... just because you say so! Seems like a touchy subject, feeling a little worried about ripping around pinned in fifth knowing what your frame is like? It'll be hard to concentrate on riding while praying your frame doesn't break. Although you did save some money for the hospital bills. :itsok: