CRITICAL NOS HELP PLEASE!!!

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
bigred1977

CRITICAL NOS HELP PLEASE!!!

Post by bigred1977 »

hi,am currently running a cr500 engine witha vm44 mikuni carb 1.5mm oversize piston,balanced crank and 30grams off the flywheel,also v force 2 reeds,now am a complete newbie to this nitrous set up,however i see you guys have some serious knowlege on the subject and i would greatly appreciate any help i could get,i have a wet nitrous system it has the two solenoids,one feul one nos it has the pipework,bottle and fogger,am after some advice as far as setting it up,jet sizes etc,ways to go about it,any info would be awsome..hope you guys can help..thanks :? :? :?
britincali

Post by britincali »

Start with the smallest jsts and work your way up from there, bottle pressure is very important and need to be kept as constant as possible when your jetting .

If its pinging get out of the gas.

Different fuel pumps and different brand systems use different size jets heres how mine was recomended for jetting (cold fusion system with VW stytle fuel pump)

NOS / Fuel

17 / 17
24 / 24
36 / 36
42 / 42

With the reccomended jetting anything more than the 24 shot would be rich as hell and unless bottle pressure was sky high would surge and blubber.

And after much testing heres what works best for my setup with around 1000 psi bottle pressure

NOS / Fuel
17 / 17
28 / 24
36 / 28
42 / 36

The bigger jets affect bottle pressure bigtime, when im running the 42/36 jets I can feel bottle pressure dropping off halfway up the dune. With the 17/17 setup I can leave the bottle at room temp 600-800 psi and its damn near perfect.

Its going to take you awhile to figure out all the little kinks in the systems but that one run where it works perfect is worth it :lol:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
bigred1977

Post by bigred1977 »

thanks alot for that thas really helpfull mate,just what did you mean though by if its pinging get out of the gas?did you mean jet it back or not use nitrous all together? also one thing am wondering about is the feul supply to the pump,is it sufficeint enough to just t into the carb supply for the fuel pump or will it be better to run the pump fitted to the the tank outlet and then t that preasure supply to the carb and solenoid?thanks again...also what about fogger positioning?i do have 2 foggers,do you think i need to use both of them or maybe just do with one fitted in the airbox side intake duct?..cheers :)
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

Here is a kit I put on a bike

You can just T into the carb supply for the pump. But i prefer to use the Pingel guzzler with two outs. An the nozzel needs to be in front of the carb.
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
britincali

Post by britincali »

You can either T the gas feed line for fuel or get a pimping pingle guzzler gas valve (like pauls above) or you can fit another petcock to the tank.

I drilled and threaded my tank and added another petcock.

If it pings get off the gas and fix whatever the problem is, things get ugly quick on the bottle.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

britincali wrote:If it pings get off the gas and fix whatever the problem is, things get ugly quick on the bottle.
He means if it starts to sound like somebody dropped gravel in your exhaust pipe, LET GO OF THE THROTTLE before it blows up.
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

Nodge wrote:
britincali wrote:If it pings get off the gas and fix whatever the problem is, things get ugly quick on the bottle.
He means if it starts to sound like somebody dropped gravel in your exhaust pipe, LET GO OF THE THROTTLE before it blows up.
:wink:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
bigred1977

Post by bigred1977 »

thanks a buch guys,this is a huge help.. :lol: