CRF250 Petcock or Complete Tank

Come on in, No registration needed.... Thinkin' about stepping up to the ultimate dirtbike? Ask any questions you need answered.

ALSO: Post anything your looking for, or that is taking up space and you want to get ride of.. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN THE BUYER / SELLER!
robertg

CRF250 Petcock or Complete Tank

Post by robertg »

I need the valve and the part that bolts to the tank. I don't think it matters if they are from an R or X. I'm pretty sure the bolt pattern is the same. I would take a complete tank if it's cheap enough.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

i'll make u an extra sweet deal on this oem one
robertg

Post by robertg »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:i'll make u an extra sweet deal on this oem one
Is that your friend's new OEM tank you are talking about? I just bought a Clarke oversize that came off a Service Honda. It didn't come with a petcock. It looks like a CRF250X tank to me. I wouldn't mind having an OEM R tank also. Here is the eBay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWNX%3AIT
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Nicks tank ya, he's got some stuff on the go with me i'll get the tank worked in. I'll make sure it has the petcock and the bolt on part at the front.
robertg

Post by robertg »

Let me know when you figure something out. I'm sure we can work out a deal.
Gravel Scratcher

Post by Gravel Scratcher »

Sorry to side track this thread a bit but can you plastic weld tanks from Honda, Clarke etc. as my 09 450R has a big hole for the fuel injection pump that i'm going to have to do something with. I was thinking it could be plastic welded or machine up a blanking plate and use the oem well nut location to secure it.......the idea of fuel injecting a 500 also did enter my mind :devious: but that'll have to wait for another time

Cheers
if there's one thing dad likes more than serenity… it's a two stroke engine on full throttle!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

robertg wrote:Let me know when you figure something out. I'm sure we can work out a deal.
The "R" tank on the "X" chassis works awesome, because it leaves room for the Scotts under bar mount.....

AngryShawn

Post by AngryShawn »

I've got an oem tank from an 03 450r with the spigot if you are interested...
the petcock lever broke, but it is still functional.
robertg

Post by robertg »

AngryShawn wrote:I've got an oem tank from an 03 450r with the spigot if you are interested...
the petcock lever broke, but it is still functional.
Thanks, but if I don't get the tank from Roostus, I'm going to buy a new petcock. They are less than I thought.