dannys future

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
100hp honda

dannys future

Post by 100hp honda »

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Here are a few pics of the motor from my friend's KX450F. This was a relatively low hour motor that always ran strong.

This kind of shit never really happens.. its all made up for the inna' net.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Isn't that guy a member here? Think he'd replace it with a CR.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

"This kind of shit never really happens.. its all made up for the inna' net."

Pics = Proof :rotfl:
powermizer

Post by powermizer »

Yea I had a friend who broke his rod

his girlfriend left him :itsok:
lots of power is never enough
MICK

Post by MICK »

The KX450F I was riding this year ate a piston in November. Not nearly as badly as the one pictured above...but fuck...might as well had been, it's costing a fortune to fix. Shame really, it "was" a strong running bike :(
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

that pic is an '06, they had a weak rod that got fixed in '08. unfortunately they fixed the weak piston in '10.
Mick, the rule of thumb on the kawis is a powerloss=time to check that piston. they get a crack going across the piston by the middle that makes a huge compression loss, but doesn't damage any other components unless you keep running it. You friends mistake was taking it to the stealership for said "tune up" those pimple popping douche bags have no fucking idea what they are doing.
he could have spent $150 on a forged piston or an oem '10 piston right when he experienced the powerloss and been back to riding with more confidence than ever.
in the next month or 2 (after I catch up financially) I'm going to just buy a piston kit and just replace that shitty oem piston.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
MICK

Post by MICK »

dannygraves wrote:You friends mistake was taking it to the stealership for said "tune up" those pimple popping douche bags have no fucking idea what they are doing.
:lol: that's what I told him. He says I'm preaching to the chior :roll: Poor bastard got sucked into their web during an organized practice ride. Dealer was present showing his face for good P/R by visiting his local customers. Said he would do a port cleanup and valve job for him while they inspected the top end.

At this point all I can do is point my finger and laugh. He's got a '99 KX500 that runs like a GSX-R1000 so this hasn't slowed him down any, arguably it's sped him up :lol:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:lol:
well, if I blow a rod through the trans in mine, its getting a kx500 conversion, and I could probably pay for the whole conversion with my fuel setup, ign and whatever other parts are salvageable, so I'm not worried.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
MICK

Post by MICK »

Strangely I have been pleading with him to rebuild the 450. I like the FI 450 Kawi...when it runs it's best. I talk shit to him no different than I would any other 4-broke rider, but it's just that, shit talk. The KXF is a good bike. I'd hate to see him butcher up that nice Monster Energy 450 already :(

BUT...I guess things feel alot different when you're making payments on the broke ass thumper. It's getting his '99 half liter thumper eater. Don't know yet what's in store for the dead motor. If you'd like anything off it let me know and I'll save parts for you if he chooses to part it out.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

yeah, I flat out LOVE this bike. and like I said, only a full motor grenade would drive me to convert. I swapped out for a 52t rear and now I can really tractor up the tight ST, and 5th is still taller than I need. I still haven't maxed out the top speed on this bike, it gets real scetchy in those gravel washes in 5th :shock: :wink:
thanks though, and if he converts, hook me up with the exhaust, mine is MANGLED :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Darrell262

Post by Darrell262 »

I am not a 4 stroke fan, rode a few. That picture is scary.
98 Cr 500 Steelie, 08 KTM 300
Both sporting Tera Flex 150x90x18 tires.
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

dannygraves wrote::lol:
well, if I blow a rod through the trans in mine, its getting a kx500 conversion, and I could probably pay for the whole conversion with my fuel setup, ign and whatever other parts are salvageable, so I'm not worried.
I'm the same with my '08 CRF450R. I especially don't worry about it because I'm never on the rev-limiter and I'm crazy with the maintenance. Still, shit happens and that's exactly what I would do if it grenaded.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Darrell262 wrote:I am not a 4 stroke fan, rode a few. That picture is scary.
Apparantly MFDB has a garage full of down 4 strokers.....
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

none with valve/piston issues... :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
MICK

Post by MICK »

dannygraves wrote:none with valve/piston issues... :lol:
Doesn't have to be. When we're talking 4-strokes valves and pistons are only 20% of the problem :lol: Where were all the Honda's this year? Dead in the parking lot with FI problems :doh:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

the main reason I went green. that and the oil separation and decomp pin failures of the honda.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

modern four strokes are why i went old 2 strokes.
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.