ill be the guinee pig

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

whats pete loomis charge for porting? does he have a web site? Iv been throwing around the ides of haveing him do my cylinder
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

100hp honda wrote:
ill leave you folks with a little bedtime story....
If your going to talk shit Clyde..... man up and include all the names....

Dont be a cocksucker.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

AlisoBob wrote:
100hp honda wrote:

Dont be a cocksucker.
x2 :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

CR500R7 wrote:I hope you guys are happy with the outcome that you have achieved. :roll:

Not sure what I'm talking about?

Take a lot around this forum / site and see what you can notice.

First, A.J / Service Honda
Second, Mike / TTM
Third, GSS / Glen Howell

So who's next?

Keep this shit up we won't have anyone left. :( :?
no one is trying to shut down Glen and no one was trying to shut down SH or TTM. As with SH, this situation with Glen is not a customer service issue, but and issue with the products themselves.

DYNO GRAPHS! DO IT!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

AlisoBob wrote:
100hp honda wrote:

Dont be a cocksucker.
hey fucker i keep it real 100% of the time.... always have and always will, aint no shit coming from my mouth. like brit mentioned earlier, glens the one who talk bullshit that aint true. pete told me that story quit a few years ago when i had called to see what could be done about that gss cylinder, after seeing how the gss cylinder ran i can undestand how other guys had called pete to see if he could "fix" glens stuff. i didnt feel like throwing the whole cylinder in the trash, i gave it to brit for pennys what i originaly paid for it.
blownbillybob

Post by blownbillybob »

i think glen shut him self down!!!!

all his post are 123?????
00'cr500 trailclimber
93'cr500 beater
92'cr500 hillclimber
08,KTM SR500r hillclimber (conv)
89'cr 500 bent frame
04'crf230(wifeys)
02' cr125(sons)
02,pro jr 50 open exh. hill climber(sons)
02'sx65(sons)
03'xr50(sons)
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

he scooted out the back door because the heat got too hot in the kitchen
LOVEMYCR500

Post by LOVEMYCR500 »

I have been riding working on bikes and talking to engine builders to know that if you take a cylinder ported by one builder to his competitor that chances are that guy is going to tell you it is a piece of junk so I don't really take what 100HP says real seriously on that account. If you tell 4 builders to build to a specific spec, and to go all out, my bet is all the motors will be very close in hp (within a percent or 2) but they all might make it to that point a bit differently because of how they like to build the power.

My take is if you are a small motor builder and you have 100 cylinders to port and you are the only one doing it and it's by hand vs having a CNC machine do the exact same thing every time, all buliders are going to produce a pig now and again. Why do you think alot of these guys get completely burnt out on this crap!! People wait until the last minute to get their stuff done and then they start complaining when it's not done tomorrow. Unfortunately that's life in the motorsports world but I can see how once in a while you might get a turd. I think everyone needs to lay off Glen my bet over the years he has built alot more "runners" than turds based on the percentages. To have his competitor say his stuff is junk doesn't suprise me in the least especially if they are competitors in the hill climbs.

I think Dyno's have their purpose but it doesn't tell me anything really. I have seen motors that were 5-8 hp lower on the dyno that another guys motor on the same dyno and the lower hp motor put a hurt on the higher hp motor because of how it made the power and what they were doing with it.

Back to the main point of this post, if I wanted a full out almost drag CR 500 for a good long sand hill, I would buy one of the CPI pipes. I would either get one of these or, have Matt Shearer at Shearer custom pipes in California build me a pipe. You either see CPI or Shearer pipes on drag atv's at the sand hill or the strip, not FMF. If I wanted a MX or a dirt hill climb motor built, I would go to one of the people who specialize in that for my pipe.
blownbillybob

Post by blownbillybob »

i thought he flows his cylinders??????
00'cr500 trailclimber
93'cr500 beater
92'cr500 hillclimber
89'cr 500 bent frame
04'crf230(wifeys)
02' cr125(sons)
02'sx65(sons)
03'xr50(sons)
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

dynos spit out graphs, not numbers for a reason. I bet that lower hp motor that spanked the higher hp motor probably but out more torque or makde the power at different rpms, or even could have just had a better rider. I'm just saying some numbers to back up some claims would be nice...
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Why Glen would get his feathers ruffeled by anything said by a snow plow driving, total Hillclimb "Wanna' be" who has never done shit except jerk himself off is beyond me....

Glen has MANY satisified customers here......

And thats a FACT!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

100hp honda wrote:he scooted out the back door because the heat got too hot in the kitchen
If he scooted, its because your a dick
blownbillybob

Post by blownbillybob »

:rotfl:
00'cr500 trailclimber
93'cr500 beater
92'cr500 hillclimber
89'cr 500 bent frame
04'crf230(wifeys)
02' cr125(sons)
02'sx65(sons)
03'xr50(sons)
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

LOVEMYCR500 wrote: Back to the main point of this post, if I wanted a full out almost drag CR 500 for a good long sand hill, I would buy one of the CPI pipes. I would either get one of these or, have Matt Shearer at Shearer custom pipes in California build me a pipe. You either see CPI or Shearer pipes on drag atv's at the sand hill or the strip, not FMF. If I wanted a MX or a dirt hill climb motor built, I would go to one of the people who specialize in that for my pipe.
yep. i wanted matt to build me a pipe but hes like 1500 miles away and i cant get my bike down there right now. speaking of matt i believe his saber set a new single cylinder record back in november, i read something about it on planet sand, 3.7 in 300' i think he ran on his saber, thats fukkin smokin fast.
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Sure a porting guy will make a turd now and then, my first ported cylinder was done by someone that buthcered it ans it ran "ok", then I rode two more bikes by the same guy and one was faster and overall beter than the other two. Not sure why because I just pay an expert and hope for the best, but it does happen to other builders.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

dannygraves wrote:BTW Kdizzle, nice dog. I couldn't bring myself to crop either of my dogs ears, so they have the big floppies.
I love mine floppy, more softness to rub.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Now that looks Soooooooo COOOOOOOOL! :wink:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

AlisoBob wrote:Glen has MANY satisified customers here......

And thats a FACT!!!

YES, but do we have Glen anymore though? :(
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

AlisoBob wrote:Why Glen would get his feathers ruffeled by anything said by a snow plow driving, total Hillclimb "Wanna' be" who has never done shit except jerk himself off is beyond me....

Glen has MANY satisified customers here......

And thats a FACT!!!
and many unsatisfied

and thats a fact !

bob, glen has screwed up more than just brits head. there was another instance a guy called me about a out of whack cylinder where the piston got stuck half down the bore.

im going to check out and leave it at this: to each there own. if you like his work then by all means call him.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

100hp honda wrote:... there was another instance a guy called me about a out of whack cylinder where the piston got stuck half down the bore.
What "guy".... I told you Clyde, stop talking shit, if you cant back it up.
MICK

Post by MICK »

All you "ported" guys are fags anyways :wink: my stock motor runs like a mofo :lol: Bottom line is Clyde made the effort to bolt on and provide rider feedback on this CPI pipe, I give him an A for effort. Besides...rider feedback beats out dyno graphs IMO.

HA!! 14 pages and steaming along like a freight train...
Last edited by MICK on December 25th, 2009, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
ellett

Post by ellett »

Ported&Polished wrote:I love mine floppy, more softness to rub.
Erectile dysfunction must be a bitch....

:D
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

I can't believe I read all that, I must be bored.

First of all, I have never seen where 100hp has ever entered a hillclimb competition? I could be wrong. What was the out come if so? No excuses.

Second I don't care how much HP or lack of, there is a point at which one has to have mad skills to get the job done PERIOD!!! :lol:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

MICK wrote: Bottom line is Clyde made the effort to bolt on and provide rider feedback on this CPI pipe, I give him an A for effort.
1st and 2nd page in, a couple guys wanted to here a report. 3rd page in, i stated how it work on one of my bikes.... everything went down hill imediatly after that.... were now on page 14 :?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

iggys-amsoil wrote:First of all, I have never seen where 100hp has ever entered a hillclimb competition?
No Desert Races

No H/H's

No Enduro's

No GP's

No PowderPuff's

No Ladies Day's

No Club Rides

No Track Rides

No Sand Drags

No nothing.....

Just "Uncle Rico" vids....