Christmas 2009 Photos & Xmas Letters

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Christmas 2009 Photos & Xmas Letters

Post by AlisoBob »

Got the tree up.....
(Actually Vicki and the kids did......)

Letter to follow soon.....
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Christmas Letter 2009

Well, a return to Chaos for the Higginson Family for 2009….. what else is new?

Let’s begin with our travel and vacation report, as it’s the most normal portion part of our year.

Our first trip was out to AZ for Bob’s annual get-together with his AZ riding buddies. Usually this is a “Hoon” only event… ( Hoon by the way is described by Webster’s as “..a derogatory term used in to refer to a person who engages in loutish, anti-social behavior. In particular, it is used to refer to one who operates motor vehicles in a manner which is anti-social by the standards of contemporary society, that is, fast, noisily or dangerously. While generally applied to automobiles and other off road vehicles, it can be equally applied to guns ,fireworks and alcohol consumption)however this year it fell over Valentines Day weekend, as was decided to be held as a family event. It worked out quite well, and a great time was had by all. Vicki , Jack and Berlin went on several rides and had a great time riding through the beauty of central Arizona. Our Christmas photo was taken on this trip.

May took us to our favorite Mexican destination, Cabo san Lucas. We spent a week there with our friends, the Christenson Family. David, and his two kids Tyler and Rachel ( aka Wildcat) had a great time learning why we love Cabo so much. Great food, activities, and good times. The quad riding on the beach, parasailing, and the “Swim with the Dolphin” encounter will be memories they will remember forever. Bob caught a beautiful Sailfish the day we all went Fishing, David didn’t catch anything the night he went clubbing downtown…. Much to everyone’s relief.

July has us in Pismo Beach, for some relaxing and Dune riding with Bob’s motorcycle club. Pookie got a new quad, as her beginner one simply wasn’t up to the rigors of what she dishes out. She loves it, and had a great time zipping around with Mom and Dad in the dunes. Jack prefers hanging out with the bigger boys and playing football and wrestling in the sand. Bob slept much of the trip, and Vicki led an outing over to nearby Morro Bay. It was a nice and relaxing trip.

In August, we returned to the Kona area of Big Island, Hawaii. Little changes year over year in the laid back atmosphere of Kona, which is a good thing. The highlights of this trip was the self guided Kayak and snorkeling trip we took in Kealakekua Bay which is one of the most pristine snorkeling spots in the world and up to the Mauna Kea Observatory which sits on the 14,000’ summit of the Mauna Kea Volcano. This drive is not for the faint of heart. Bob made the drive in record time, much to the disapproval of most everyone else on the road ( See “Hoon” defininition referenced previously) The kids loved it, and Vicki just shook her head….About the only bummer of the trip was Berlin getting stung by a “Man-o-War” jellyfish one day, while Boogie Boarding. She’s such a trooper. While Vicki iced the welts, Pookie shed a few tears… and that was it. Back to the fun!!! Good job Pookie!!!!

Berlin had quite the year. She has traded dance class, for the bright lights of the stage. She appeared in both “Momma Mia”, and “Hairspray” and did a great job in both. She went to go see “Wicked” and “Legally Blonde” with Vicki, and has really enjoyed her new found love of performing. She’s going to be in “Anne” next, as one of the orphans. She spent most of the summer at Equestrian Camp riding and caring for the horses. She continues to play softball, but is looking forewords to Volleyball this spring. At school she’s thriving in the 4th grade, and has delivered some great report cards. This resulted in pierced ears for Pookie. As usual, she’s the teachers pet. She most recently feigned “Blindness” in an attempt to get glasses, as she finds them quite stylish. After a trip the optometrist revealed her little scheme, she got a set of frames with clear lenses installed. Pookie, your driving us all nuts…….

Jack also has the acting bug and appeared in “Hairspray” and is currently learning the part of President Roosevelt in “Anne”. Jacks highlight of the year was announcing an inning at the Angel game. It can be found at www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny7qFGUf_i0 . He is still working hard on his trumpet playing and played his first concert in March. Jack had the opportunity to be Robie Peterson’s “squire” at a recent Hillclimbing event. Robie is one of the sports top contenders, and has US and World Championships to his credit. It was a very big deal, and Jack was absolutely thrilled to be part of “Team Peterson” for the weekend. Thank you Robie, for all you do for Jack, and the rest of the kids...Baseball provided another thrilling season. Jack continues to pitch well, and spent time at Shortstop too this year, although he has the cleanest uniform of all the AVLL Shortstops…. That is not a good thing……. In his first semester as a 6th grader, Jacked delivered an “A” average report card…. Much to the amazement of everyone.

Vicki had a very busy year….. Did I mention she was sued for sexual harassment from a sleazebag employee of ours? Long story short is that a worker claimed Vicki wanted to see his “Family Jewels”, and a swift ( read: expensive) investigation turned up ZERO evidence to support this. Seconds later Bob threw his ass out, and American Trim was back on track. It takes all kinds, I guess. When she’s not busy “Crotch Watching”, Vicki was busy with her SCBN Builders Network, PTA Fundraising and Budgeting, Elementary School “In Class“assistant, and Yearbook producer. If that wasn’t enough to be on anyone’s plate…. She also guided American Trim through another busy and profitable year in a very tough economy… not to mention organizing all of our tremendous vacations, parties, and various get-togethers….. She also redesigned Berlins Room, into Berlins Apartment. Think of a Parisian apartment, circa’1965… its pretty neat. I don’t know how she does it all, but she does. I think her highlight was the 40th birthday she hosted for a girlfriend of hers, out in Wine Country, Temecula. You’ve seen those “Girls Gone Wild” commercials on late night television? Well, that’s nothing compared to the mischief some of the party goers got into…… Photos available on request.

Bob continued his streak of broken bones in 2009. A rather awkward crash during the Adelanto GP snapped his collarbone, but he managed to finish the race with a rather sizable bulge in his jersey where there shouldn’t be one. This occurred on what was also the Opening Day of Little League, and Bob arrived to manage his team while feeling the effects of the snapped collarbone, some unknown prescription medication handed to him, and “several “ounces of King Cobra Malt Liquor. He was told afterwards that it was a great game… to him…. It was all a blurr. Everything healed fine, and Bob is once again back on the bike. He rode conservatively and finished 63rd out of 98 in the Elsinore GP held in Oct, and didn’t break anything in the process. Other than motorcycles, it was the usual for Bob.Lots of baseball and goofing off with his friends. Many of you are longtime readers of the letter, and may remember a promise made to Vicki back in the 2007 to replace the builder supplied banister, with a custom iron one. Well Jesus H. Christ…. I guess miracles do happen!!!!! The iron is in…. but it did come at a cost. The other promise made was to swap out the baseboards, with some really tall ones. This occurred too, but the resulting flood from a poorly placed nail ruined everyone’s day. Ever have your house flood? I’d almost rather have the thing burn down. The house was nearly destroyed not by the water, but by the insurance “ emergency response” team. DO NOT LET THESE GUYS INTO YOUR HOME!!! I’d rather host a Rodeo in the house instead….. less damaging for sure. As of this writing, everything is back in place, and the house is looking better than ever. The new entry doors and exterior painting is all that’s really left to do. Bob should be able to do this without creating another disaster……. hopefully.

We have a new guinea pig named Miss Piggy, and Roxy thrilled us with two “ghost” pregnancies this year…. Complete with milk production. Vicki got hassled by some “Teet Nazi” down at the softball fields, asking about Roxy’s appearance…. Nice. Otherwise, the animals supplied us with lots of love, and very little drama.

And that’s about it…. We see some firming up in the construction industry, 2010 shows allot of opportunity that we hope to grasp onto. Berlin will continue to drive us nuts, Jack may get brave enough to ask a girl out, and with some luck Bob may stay out of the hospitial. Vicki will continue to do what she does best... everything…. with a style, grace and charm that is all her own….

See you in 2010!!!!
The Higginson Family
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

From the Inna'net.....

"Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after 2 days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever.Great stories. But two things made me take it down.

First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents as they almost wrecked when they drove by.

Second, a 55 year old lady grabbed the 75 pound ladder almost killed herself putting it against my house and didn't realize it was fake until she climbed to the top (she was not happy). By the way, she was one of many people who attempted to do that. My yard couldn't take it either. I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally drove up my yard."
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Nice tree Bob. I'll read the letter later.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

I wish I had 2 stories Id like to borrow that if you wernt going top use it ..... still havent read your letter yet .
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

AlisoBob wrote:From the Inna'net.....

"Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after 2 days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever.Great stories. But two things made me take it down.

First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents as they almost wrecked when they drove by.

Second, a 55 year old lady grabbed the 75 pound ladder almost killed herself putting it against my house and didn't realize it was fake until she climbed to the top (she was not happy). By the way, she was one of many people who attempted to do that. My yard couldn't take it either. I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally drove up my yard."
thats priceless!
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Thanks Bob.

Nice tree for sure, enjoyed the letter, the dude hanging from the house FRIGGIN :lol: :lol: :lol:

Priceless. :wink:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Nice letter Guys Merry Christmas
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

Love the tree Bob !
99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !

HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

I'm not a big Christmas letter fan. Either you don't give yourself and others enough credit or you come off as a dick.

My "cousin's" (he was adopted) wife sends me a card talking about how Bill and the boys have killed 18 deer, blah, blah, blah, and you just can't keep him from working even though he's supposed to be retired, blah, blah, blah. FUCKEM!

I wrote back and told them that Ernie (my bro) and I have only been able to hunt on a limited basis and just did manage to kill 19 during the archery season. 'Still, the gun season is long and we hope to have greater success.'

I read it to my bro and he said, "Well, you won't have to worry about getting a card from them next year." My job's done! Image

PS: Nice tree Bob! :wink:
britincali

Post by britincali »

Im with you 100% HRC :D
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

britincali wrote:Im with you 100% HRC :D
Wiith him that I have a cool tree this year, or with him the Christmas letters suck ass?
britincali

Post by britincali »

Both.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

lol, nice, Bob, did you find a wood pile to thow that employee into?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

britincali wrote:Both.
britincali

Post by britincali »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

LMAO, where did you get that pic??
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ooohhh, I figured it out, Sara's FB :lol: yeah, Seth used to just hang out like that :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Classic "Graves" behaviour.... trickled down through the DNA
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:lol: You know, I hung out w/ my aunt Barb who I haven;t talked to in years a couple weeks ago, she told me all sorts of good stories. My grandfather Chester Graves used to get into bar fights regularly and he was in jail when my uncle Lenny was born because he clocked a police officer. and his dad George was actually a professional feather weight boxer who was an inventor. He blew up a hotel room Cincinatti experimenting with polymers and had to flee town :lol: A lot of things in the family made more sense after hearing all these stories, including why my wife won't let me drink jager since I seem to pick fights with the biggest mofos when I've had some jager :lol: :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

hahaha, my grandpa and his bros were pranksters, back in the 40's they pulled a threshing machine 6 miles to town and blew the bar full of straw on haloween. Another year they dissasembled a hay wagon and then reassembled it ontop of the watertower
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:lol: :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80