Not 500 , but a Very Interesting 2t from Ossa

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
bearorso

Not 500 , but a Very Interesting 2t from Ossa

Post by bearorso »

Check this out guys:

http://ossa.dailymotos.com/noticias-mot ... cma/33387/

A VERY cool bike, with a lot of innovation ( trials has led a lot of development over the years eg: Alloy frames many years before Honda, Honda/Montesa's EFI 4t trials bike years before EFI on MXers). Translate it, it comes out pretty intelligible, & check the pictures out.

Very , Very trick - TM are showing their EFI 125 , & perhaps a 2502t at Milan, so that could be of interest to many here. But this Ossa is all new, from the rearward facing , back sloping barrel, EFI, & the positioning of the tank, airbox & EFI, then the radiator. Even the forks have been re-thought for trials. And a hybrid steel / AF chassis from the looks of it.

And there are still dickheads out there that think 2ts have come to the end of development - they've just been ignored for the last decade by factories having tunnel vision on 4 strokes.

Bear
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

:shock: You speak spanish. :wink:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

No , but I do have Google translation on my computer!

I do know a fair bit of Italian & Polish, but most of it relates to trying to get some nooky :lol: :roll:
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

I like that, very innovative.

i wish one of the Jap big 4 would do the similar treatment to a 250, I bet it would be a contender right out of the box.
nmdesertrider

Post by nmdesertrider »

How many DI yz250s would yamaha sell? They might even be competitive with the 450fs again.
03 CRF450/85 500
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

**** nmdesertrider - I'm not having a go at you, I'm just venting my frustration & anger at piss poor rules that are wrecking our sport:***

Bugger being competitive with 450s. It's complete bullshit that a 250 is put against 450s, and 125s against 250s. I get pretty aggro at this inequity.

All I've ever wanted is capacity equivalency - 250s against 250s, then an up to 500 class with all types of capacities within it (300 - but not over sized 250s- through to 500) . I've said time & time again, in forums where f'wits go on about how superior 4ts are, that there should be no capacity advantage - those same f'wits always dance around that Simple point.

4 strokes should not have Any capacity advantage, they don't need it anymore . All I want is a level playing field & let racing take place. The 4ts will dominate ( for a while, at least) still, purely because the teams will have their best riders on them.

On another tack, I'll be just as pissed off if they drop the capacity for the MX1 class to 350s . Let factories build what they think will do the job, I want to see an MX1 class with a variety of different size / types of bikes out on the track, just like in the glory days of 500 GP motocross. Fuck this crap about 450s being too much bike for anyone to ride. The top class Should feature the most demanding types of bikes to ride.I'd love to see a hyper 350 going up against a 'mellower" ( by tuning level comparisons) 450/480/500, whatever stroke type they may all be. But I don't want, what should be, The Premier Class. dumbed/nannied down in any way.

A a side note: I believe the only reason KTM are still in business is because of the big sales they have of their 2 strokes, whilst they have developed many 4 stroke engines (RFS, RC4,RF4,XC4, Berg, newer LC4, & Twins=LC8,RC8) and the road lines, plus their car, which the just shelve after spending well over 100 million on, for sales of just over 100 units. All while doing doing little more than subtle refinements to the 2t lines, the profits from this enabling them to do all the 4t development. Fair enough, that's what you do as a business. But KTM has teetered very close to the edge of oblivion through the last few years financially ( do a bit of research & you will see)- consistent, good sales of 2ts ( plus Bajaj [sp?], an Indian company, investing in them) being their savior through troubled times.

Nothing shits me more than the capacity advantage given to 4 strokes, and the wankers who hide behind that advantage, without acknowledging it as the Real reason why 4 strokes dominate now :evil:

I feel better now, the hissy fit is over :wink:
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Im glad your happy now. :cool:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
nmdesertrider

Post by nmdesertrider »

Wish in one hand and shit in the other, which one is full!
03 CRF450/85 500
FZ1426

Post by FZ1426 »

Maybe the reason trials bikes are the only segment of the 2T industry to get the benefits of technology upgrades is because their owners are the only ones smart enough to buy the proper bike for the proper venue, and will pay for the luxury. :wink: ...

As opposed to someone who would take a high tech motocross bike on a rock crawl...and quickly render it a bashed up clutchless POS. :screwy:
'06 CRF450R, '02 R1, '11 YZ450F
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

NM,

I'll leave you to hold the shit in your hands, if that's what your into. :roll:

Meanwhile, I'll have the wishes & hope for a better class structure in my hands & head , whilst I work within my area/state/nations racing system to correct such biased rules.

Perhaps you think the class rules as they are now are a good thing ? I don't , and would hope the majority of people on this site would think so to.
nmdesertrider

Post by nmdesertrider »

I tell you one thing, the motocross scene has just about dried up completely in new mexico, even though buckalew, tedesco, ryan clark and the Johnson Brothers all come from our area. Our desert racing club has seen it's best attendance ever even with the rotten economy and we have five teams down in Baja right now.

It's annoying how the bike companies cater to MX when most real people do other things with their bikes.
03 CRF450/85 500
dubious01

Post by dubious01 »

Thats pretty cool technology. The sled head have had 2T injection for some time, and direct injection for the past few years.
Ossa might be a little sore with the 2010 Yamaha YZ450F and the rearward slanted cylinder....
The problem with the rearward facing 2t is that the pipe design would be even more restrictive then it already is.
It works fine for the low rpm and low power output of a trials bike though apparently. They don't have big fat long expansion chambers.
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

There's no problem with a chamber with this engine orientation : you're looking at a trials bike- they are tiny/low by their very design. A std seat height MX/Enduro bike will have enormous amounts of room to put a chamber , Finally, with out it hanging out in the breeze, just waiting to get crushed.

With case reed induction, be it just for air with DFI or air /fuel with EFI, a cylinder could be tilted much further back than the Ossa, forward ( even better, slightly downward on a 2t, 2t 's have no problem with oil migration past rings) like Bergs / Speedway engines. Both types of engine could have the exhaust exiting from the front (Ossa style engine) or the top ( sloper/tilt down style) of the cylinder. Thus the header will be inside the frame, & the rest of the pipe could be inside the frame parameters. Yes , a less than dead straight pipe sacrifices power, but there is no way to do a straight pipe on any practical motorcycle. The stinger /tail pipe on a 2t Does Not need to come out at the end of the convergent cone on a chamber.

Tanks & airboxes can be much better placed than the conventional method, as shown by the Ossa, Yamaha 450, Husaberg.

Who knows, with DFI or trapping valve 2 strokes, chambers may not be needed at all, though a friend of mine, who specializes in engine design / thermo dynamics feels that a chamber will still be of benefit to 2ts.

So with DFI ( and , to a lesser extent, EFI, unless it's combined with a trapping valve like Honda's AR on the EXP400 & the production CRM250AR) we get a clean 2 stroke, that uses a lot less fuel, even more power, no oil/fuel mixing , no more trashed chambers ( or at least , a lot less of it) and, with more fitment of electric starters, pretty much all the supposed advantages of 4 strokes will be gone.

But then, the AMA. FIM, MA etc will probably triple the 4 strokes capacity advantage.......................................................... :lol:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

bearorso wrote: pretty much all the supposed advantages of 4 strokes will be gone.
i didnt know there was any advantages. which is why i dont understand people keep buying them. oh well just more blown up rollers for the AF builders :D
xtremeslide

Post by xtremeslide »

Let me shed some light on that

This is too long for translate properly,

and translators are "crap" but...

if someone have a question,about the new bike

i can transalate whatever for him

The Spanish that we speak in Spain is different from the Mexican

or South American Spanish that some people could "heard-learn"

"technical things" are far different ,sometimes i spoke whith

south americans and i'm not able to understand what they mean...

talking about bikes,engines,etc...

so...universal translators: :lol:

This is an spanish (from Spain) article,

and there's too much answers and opinions,if somebody don't understand

something i'm here for help

Someone are very close :wink:

I like Trial-bikes also
CR500R
V-MAX 1200
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

you can learn alot of spanish just from 15min in walmart