62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

...hence my new sig pic.. :lol:

Should post in there - it'd be cheaper to slide in a KX500 motor than rebuild that 4-poke!
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

Ouch! :shock:
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

man, i REALLY want to get a 450. They are so fast and reliable!

only thing you can rely on them to do is blow the F up.

i know 3 people with 450 quads. and i also know 3 people that have blown quad motors :lol:
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

NightBiker07 wrote:man, i REALLY want to get a 450. They are so fast and reliable!

only thing you can rely on them to do is blow the F up.

i know 3 people with 450 quads. and i also know 3 people that have blown quad motors :lol:

True that. I got rid of my 450 X with less than 100 miles on it. No more 4 smokes!
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

JBaze wrote:True that. I got rid of my 450 X with less than 100 miles on it. No more 4 smokes!
Did we know this info? Do tell what the deal was Jason.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

No I have been been away for a while. Hows it going Doug? No the bike ran good, but spending my life on 2 strokes, I just never could wrap my head around the idea with the 4 stroke thing. Not to mention the maintanance! Jesus Christ I want to ride the bike more than I have to maintain it. Constantly checking the valves, not to mention the new "noises" it makes everytime you take it out. Air filter cleaning and prep are the biggest thing with these bikes. 1 grain of sand, and your rebuilding. Pricing the parts for routine maintanance, like valves, piston, rings and all related parts to do it right, you'll have an easy 1 to $2K into just maintaining it for a year. Fuck that. The bikes are under powered like hell, there really are no bolt and go performance mods, I'm sure that the 4 stroke guys here are going to disagree, but just because you make the bike 10 times louder, doesn't mean it's got more power or going faster. I feel real sorry for the kids who have to grow up on these bikes. It will only take one rebuild and it will sour the mouths of many. Now I never had any problems with mine, however I also feel I got out of it in time, as I have heard rumor to the effect that they are discontinuing the 450X after 2010. And before any problems arose.
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

And yet, the XR's of the day were dead nuts reliable. I guess that is what happens when you make one a full on race bike.

You have any plans to build something over the Winter?
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I am on the look out for another 5 hundy all the time. I used the $$ from the 450 X and bought a V-Star 1300 for me and the wife to cruise. I am leaning more toward just finding a decent 500 and doind a restore on it over the winter. The AF bikes all feel incredibly small for my size. Been gone a while, theres alot of drama here now it seems.
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

I think the biggest problem with the 4 strokes are the amount of revs needed to get any decent horsepower or torque out of them.

More revs means more destruction means more expense. :roll: :roll:

A CR500 gets say around 60hp at 6500 and CRF450 gats say 55hp at 9000, now tell me why they should not blow the HELL up.

With everthing that happening inside the engine and the speed at which it is happening, its no wonder they $h!t themselves. :lol:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Thats exactly right. My 450x idled at 1700 rpm. On a 500 at that RPM your climbing hills!