MICK where are you,V FORCE?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
powermizer

MICK where are you,V FORCE?

Post by powermizer »

Hey MICK have you ran those V FORCE 3 reeds yet? I am ready to buy, should I just get them ?
lots of power is never enough
MICK

Post by MICK »

When I find out I'll let you know. I had great expectations on conducting as legit a test I could, swapping valves back and fourth to determine an outcome. But honestly it's been two months since I rode last and I'm just eager to put a couple solid hours on the bike...so I probably won't be doing any wrenching at the track. I got four days off right now so we'll see what happens? Work has been unreal busy for me this summer and it's been stupid difficult for me to get anything "bike" related taken care of. And as a disclaimer, if I do get to ride this weekend I'm not going to compare the V3 to the V2, it's simply been too long between rides to accurately compare.
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
powermizer

Post by powermizer »

MICK wrote:When I find out I'll let you know. I had great expectations on conducting as legit a test I could, swapping valves back and fourth to determine an outcome. But honestly it's been two months since I rode last and I'm just eager to put a couple solid hours on the bike...so I probably won't be doing any wrenching at the track. I got four days off right now so we'll see what happens? Work has been unreal busy for me this summer and it's been stupid difficult for me to get anything "bike" related taken care of. And as a disclaimer, if I do get to ride this weekend I'm not going to compare the V3 to the V2, it's simply been too long between rides to accurately compare.
Thanks MICK
lots of power is never enough
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

I just bought a set off ebay yesterday to try... I'll let you know when I try them (Saturday if they get here) If I don't like them, I'll have them for sale.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

fastkart wrote:I just bought a set off ebay yesterday to try... I'll let you know when I try them (Saturday if they get here) If I don't like them, I'll have them for sale.
sweet. im thinkin of trying some reeds for more bottom end. i currently have the v2. keep it posted :)
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

My VF3 rig is in my hands. A couple of quick first impressions...

Looks pretty impressive...

Is it necessary to run the insert? With my straight intake manifold, it'll cause restriction...

The reeds themselves look pretty rough around the edges, like they were cut poorly...

I like that it snaps together (aka no screws) but do I need their tool to disassemble it? Thats the first thing I want to do as most of the petals aren't flat against the block.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

that was my first impression too
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:that was my first impression too
Which was? All of them?