It's been a while

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
Travis

It's been a while

Post by Travis »

So I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would update you guys. I built trailer to haul my bike and quad behind my jeep. Still haven't gotten a floor yet but the trailer is welded up and in paint. After that I sold my Truck. Not sure if I told you guys about the death wobble the thing would do above 40 mph. I got to where I never even drove it but that is what got me to make the trailer.

I got a little bored with just driving my jeep everywhere so I picked up a Mustang that I have fell in love with. I was talking to the wife the other day and I thought back about the vehicles I have owned and realized that I have had several trucks and jeeps but only a few cars and they were far between too. Anyway they have all been mustangs. I still haven't replaced the camera that was stolen when they stole the wife's purse or I would have had pics up a month ago. Not sure if anyone likes Mustangs but I have quickly became a fan of this one. I have gotten to where I just want to drive it even without a place to go. You guys would laugh at it if you saw it but I think it's pretty sweet. Any way on a total side note. Anybody fool with transmissions much? I need to put synchronizers in the mustang and wonder if I can get some experince to chime in. Would it be cheaper to just change the transmission? It is a T-45 that comes in these stock. I will see if I can borrow a camera and get you guys a pic so you can have a look. I thought about joining a mustang forum but thought I would rather stick with people that have a little mechanical experience. There are already too many mustangs and not enough cr5's. For now this will have to do.

Take the Wing off, put on a ram air hood, change the body kit a little, paint it flat black, and then let a teenager thrash it for a while and you would have my car. Oh yeah you have to take away the girl too or the wife would shit if she saw that in the driveway. haha

Sorry if there are misspellings and missing spaces. I read back over it but the kids tore the buttons off the laptop and I put them back on but they don't work as good as before.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
honda02

Re: It's been a while

Post by honda02 »

Travis wrote:
Sorry if there are misspellings and missing spaces. I read back over it but the kids tore the buttons off the laptop and I put them back on but they don't work as good as before.

Ha Ha It a pain to type in to this fourm when the kids are around bothering you I get shit all the time about my spelling but I also am dealing with the kids at the same time I on line.

I fell you'r pain Oh yea if I had a Mustang like that also with that girl on it my wife would give me more shit than normal and normal it to much shit already.

Most women are great at first untill you marry them and after having kids with them that normaly when there fangs come OUT and there head spins around.
Travis

Post by Travis »

Yeah the wife is pretty good to me but that would all end if she walked outside and found that. :twisted: :lol:
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

I find no one wants anything to do with me until I get on line, then I am the biggest ASSHOLE on the planet because I am in the middle of something. :? :?
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Travis wrote:So I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would update you guys. I built trailer to haul my bike and quad behind my jeep. Still haven't gotten a floor yet but the trailer is welded up and in paint. After that I sold my Truck. Not sure if I told you guys about the death wobble the thing would do above 40 mph. I got to where I never even drove it but that is what got me to make the trailer.

death wobble is probably caused by the axle not being far enough back on the frame, or the majority of the load is behind the axle. you want about 65% of the load to be on/in front of the axle
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Travis

Post by Travis »

NightBiker07 wrote:
Travis wrote:So I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would update you guys. I built trailer to haul my bike and quad behind my jeep. Still haven't gotten a floor yet but the trailer is welded up and in paint. After that I sold my Truck. Not sure if I told you guys about the death wobble the thing would do above 40 mph. I got to where I never even drove it but that is what got me to make the trailer.

death wobble is probably caused by the axle not being far enough back on the frame, or the majority of the load is behind the axle. you want about 65% of the load to be on/in front of the axle
It was a 96 chevy ext. cab 4x4. It did it a couple times then I had a bearing go bad and the axle broke messed up everything where the wheel came off. I bought new ball joints, caliper bolts, Hub because they are a sealed one peice unit, and axle. Put it all together and then it did it everytime I sped up. Who cares, the kid I sold it too knew all about it and he wanted it anyway.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
Travis

Post by Travis »

Ok stole a pic off the guy I got it from's myspace. Here you go, tell me what you think. No cracks from Bob about the flat black either. I saw your old camaro. :lol:

Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Travis wrote:Ok stole a pic off the guy I got it from's myspace. Here you go, tell me what you think. No cracks from Bob about the flat black either. I saw your old camaro. :lol:

Flat black is awesome imho.

No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
Travis

Post by Travis »

Thanks, makes it a beast to keep clean though.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Hell that looks mean! Now get the girl to drape herself across your hood and you will have a beauty and a beast! :lol:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Travis

Post by Travis »

Thanks, The wife says it looks like it has literally been to hell! Sometimes she calls it the Batmobile too. I thinks she is starting to like it though.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

It looks to be very straight, who gives a crap what color it is.

It could have no paint and be rusting away, do you think that would be better. :?:

Definitely looks like a nice ride, get that honey on the hood and it will be perfect! :wink:

Only problem then is you may never post again. :roll:

:D :D

BTW what size engines do they put in those cars, 4s, V6s, V8s and in what capacity.
Jack Schitt
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Joshwfl

Post by Joshwfl »

It's amazing what a little paint can do..................
Travis

Post by Travis »

CR500R7 wrote:
BTW what size engines do they put in those cars, 4s, V6s, V8s and in what capacity.
It has a 4.6 v8. I wasn't sure what I would think of it as I had heard bad things about the Overhead Cam motors but I like this one. It seems like it has just as much power as my old 93 that had the 5.0 push rod motor. But that has been 3 years since I had my old car so it may not.

Sure is fun to drive. I am thinking about leaving it in Flat Black. You get alot of looks driving that late of a model of car in Flat like that.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Thanks Travis :wink:

That is still a fair size engine for a car that size.
Jack Schitt
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

4.6l = ~280 cubic inches.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Not a bad ride dude. Danny converted my 90 5.0 to a T-5, which happens to need syncros, too! Perhaps he'll chime in with some ideas...
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Travis

Post by Travis »

Yeah I was hoping someone may have some ideas. I have several t5 transmissions but only the 2 top bellhousing bolts match. The bellhousing doesn't come off a t-45 either so here I am skipping second and cringing when it grinds in 5th. :lol:
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

on your trailer issue is it a single axle or tandem if its a single we normaly go 4 " rear of center of the load area
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee