89 Radiators...HELP !!!

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Alfaman

89 Radiators...HELP !!!

Post by Alfaman »

Guys, it seems i did,nt check my rads properly before stripping/cleaning/painting them (Oh ,and spending 7 hrs straightening the fins with tweezers), i fitted them last night and the outlet pipe at the top of both rads is on the wrong side, so the pipes will fit but obviously its wrong and anyway,i think the hoses would then foul the fitting of the tank, so my questions are.....Does anyone have a pair of 89 Rads for sale, and can anyone tell me what year my rads are for cos i.ll sell them on now they are perfect.......These are mine :oops: Image
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

I am not sure what you mean about outlet pipes being on the wrong side. :?
I just had a look at the rads off my 01 CR500 and they look exactly the same as yours.
Except for the small hose that joins the top of the 2 rads together, your hose goes back and around, where as mine goes forward and through a hole in the frame.
You didn't happen to put the left on the right and the right on the left did you. :?:
I just took another look at mine, if you are talking about the little cross over hose outlets.
They should clear without any problems as the hose goes under the front of the fuel tank, the outlets tubes should be no where near the tank /HEAPS OF CLEARANCE! :wink:
Last edited by CR500R7 on June 28th, 2009, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

CR500R7 wrote: You didn't happen to put the left on the right and the right on the left did you. :?:
I think he might have done that the radiator on the right in your pic goes on the left side and the other radiator with the filler cap goes on the right, those radiators look like they should fit fine. :wink:
-Jake

Travis

Post by Travis »

My 89 has the filler on the right side. The hoses would be in the wrong direction like they are laying. We are actually looking at the front of the filler side rad in the picture. The other side is just upside down, the bent outlet goes on top for the left and larger spout that comes straight out of the rad tank goes on bottom like the other side. If you flip them over it will look like it makes more sense. The side with the 3 big holes go toward the bike and are mounted with rubber in them to keep them from breaking with vibes. The side with the smaller holes mount the plastics.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee