loose packing material or sheets for the silencer

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
seanmx57

loose packing material or sheets for the silencer

Post by seanmx57 »

I'm looking to run something that lasts well in my silencer. The sheet material doesn't seem to hold up too well. The loose stuff silent sport or FMF red looks like a real pain to pack a silencer with.

I was using safety wire to keep it tight looped about ever inch or so. I figured the tape method will let it loosen up to much once it's hot.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

dont over think it. i have taken apart fmf and PC silencers, the fmf used tape and if i recall the PC did also. i put them back together with tape and they work fine. use tape, bailing wire, glue, rope, whatever you want but nothing lasts forever, put it together and ride :)
britincali

Post by britincali »

Ive gotta repack the FMF on my AF, it sounds horrible :oops: :oops:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

I had a tube set up on it once. The tube was filled with the loose stuff. It lasted WAAAAAAAAAY longer than the sheets did. The point is I wanna ride not work on it. I tried getting them last week. TR was backordered and probably won't re-order.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

repacking silencers is for pussies :lol: :lol: loud pipes save lives :wink:
DeWayne packs his with a sheet of steelwhool :shock:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

dannygraves wrote:repacking silencers is for pussies :lol: :lol: loud pipes save lives :wink:
DeWayne packs his with a sheet of steelwhool :shock:
This pussy likes to keep riding areas open, not closed from loud bikes and more importantly keep the big bitch happy. I've tried using steel whool on the first part of the silencer where the packing blows out first. I'm not sure if it made much difference reagrding the life span. I'm gonna give the silent sport stringy stuff a go.
LOVEMYCR500

Post by LOVEMYCR500 »

moose racing has the kind that has the loose stuff packed in a sheet that you just slide on. I just bought a 16" one for my PC silencer. This stuff is the best there is. Lasts for ever. I just got almost 2 years out of my last one and it wasn't that bad at that.