Have A Look at This Porting

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
robertg

Have A Look at This Porting

Post by robertg »

I bought this cylinder off eBay, and it looks like it is ported. The intake seems to be lowered and there seems to be work done on the transfers. Does it look like this person knew what they were doing?

100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

robert, making it "look" good is something anybody can do. making it "work" good is something NOT everybody can do. post better pics and we will give you some hillbilly opinions :lol:
robertg

Post by robertg »

The picture shows the only part of the cylinder that was touched. The intake port was radiused and now it's 19mm from the bottom of the sleeve. It looks like the divider between the transfer and intake port was ground also.

Here's another picture, but it doesn't show that much either.

100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

from the photos, it appears someone may have cleaned things up alittle in the tunnels but its hard to tell with the blurry pics. the transfer windows appear to be same size/shape as stock, judging from the pics. whats the exhaust look like ?
robertg

Post by robertg »

The exhaust isn't touched, just the intake. I'll try to take some better pictures. I'm thinking of sending this cylinder to someone like GSS to get some professional porting done. However if someone butchered it, I won't.
4Z

Post by 4Z »

100hp honda wrote:from the photos, it appears someone may have cleaned things up alittle in the tunnels but its hard to tell with the blurry pics. the transfer windows appear to be same size/shape as stock, judging from the pics. whats the exhaust look like ?
X2
From the pics, the work doesn't seem consistent from side to side to be called top shelf IMHO. The "program" that is put in is the biggest thing, what separates the novice from the expert is the consistent and repeatable along with finish work.
4Z

Post by 4Z »

robertg wrote:The exhaust isn't touched, just the intake. I'll try to take some better pictures. I'm thinking of sending this cylinder to someone like GSS to get some professional porting done. However if someone butchered it, I won't.
Won't be able to tell if 'the damage has been done' or if it is salvageable until your porter looks at it. Pics might be able to do it. A good place to go for info is Doug Ruth, give him a call 253.846.9304. I have had good luck with close to a hundred jugs with him.