clogged pipe

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
100hp honda

clogged pipe

Post by 100hp honda »

has anyone ever bought a bike that someone else had it jetted way to rich and the pipe is full of spooge ? when i took the pipe off some black spooge dripped on the floor. i leaned out the carb alittle and probly need to go leaner still, but the damn thing is smoking pretty bad when its first started then clears out after full throttle driving. i think i have 2 problems, the jetting is still alittle rich and the pipe might have alot of spooge in it, the smoke doesnt smell like premix at all, doesnt really smell like tranny oil either. seems to smell alittle like carbon. the guy i got the bike from had sealevel jets in at 5,500' , thats why im thinking it has a ton of shit inside the pipe. anyone had this problem of a spooged out pipe ? and do you think the residual spooge would cause it to smoke for a while untill it burns out ? this is first time ive encountered a situation like this.
97af

Post by 97af »

Along with all the oil in the pipe,there is probably enough an ounce or two of premix oil at the bottom of the crankcase.I'm sure all the oil in there helps the bike double as a bug fogger.Pull your top end off and see if the crank is bathed in oil.Its gonna smoke forever untill the crankcase and the exhaust get cleaned out.
"A good friend will come bail you out of jail, A TRUE friend will be sitting next to saying, DAMN THAT WAS FUN"
Dakota Boy

Post by Dakota Boy »

once the jetting is fixed, the silencer probably should be repacked.

Probably several cups of oil soaked into that as well.
1984 CR500 owner
Racine, WI
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I have seen that before... nasty! the piston probably has like 3mm of carbon on it.
if you don't want to tear it apart, I would get it running lean and mean, ride it for a day and ride it hard, then pull the pipe and silencer, clean and repack the silencer, flush the pipe out with some mineral spirits and she should be good as new :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i dropped the pilot, needle and main a few notches but i didnt have time to fire it up. hopefully tomorrow i can ride a gallon or so of fuel through it and make sure the crank seal didnt go bad and sucking oil.