Sub Frame

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
honda02

Sub Frame

Post by honda02 »

Will a sub frame off a CRF450R fit on to a CRF450X frame
AngryShawn

Post by AngryShawn »

What I've done in the past is use any one of the online parts fiches (most dealers have them available these days) to compare both how the part looks and the part number.
honda02

Part #

Post by honda02 »

The X and R have diffrent part #'s they look diffrent but I don't know fthey have the sam mountings or not.
The seat pans are difffrent shape and diffrent Part #'.
AngryShawn wrote:What I've done in the past is use any one of the online parts fiches (most dealers have them available these days) to compare both how the part looks and the part number.
davo77

Post by davo77 »

the x subframe is different for sure. the left hand rail has a different profile to suit the x air box. id put money on the r subframe bolting up to your x frame, but you would have to use the r model airbox, plastics and possibly seat.
honda02

AirBox

Post by honda02 »

I have a airbox off a R and I need to get a new rear fender anyways just need to pick up a subfframe and side plastic I been finding out R stuff is much easyer to find X is kinda of a pain to find.

quote="davo77"]the x subframe is different for sure. the left hand rail has a different profile to suit the x air box. id put money on the r subframe bolting up to your x frame, but you would have to use the r model airbox, plastics and possibly seat.[/quote]