It's Near

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
mike hunt

It's Near

Post by mike hunt »

In two or three weeks the ritual will begin. Saturday morning the alarm will sound and the adventure begins. With gear and bikes in tow we head towards our riding area. Mine is red, fast, and mean his is orange slim and nimble. Singletrack is the main target the tighter the better. Gnarly little climbs with roots exposed and logs to cross are the main objectives. Getting to the end of the loop first and asking your riding partner what took him so long is even better. The loading of bikes and gear at the end of the day is a chore. Knowing i have to get through five days at work until i can repeat this process is torture. The winter has been long and it's almost near a end. I can't wait till the season starts to fire the big red beast up and show my friends the rear fender. OH FUCK YA!
MICK

Post by MICK »

...I do forget sometimes how fortunate I am to ride year round. It's odd really, but our busiest riding occurs during the coldest months of the year. Alot of tracks close down and trails go nearly unused during the summer.
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

It's 80* here today and my shit is torn down. :evil:
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

was -20c wednesday, rained all day yesterday, now its -10c
Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

We had our first genuinely nice day of the year here in Detroit. I took the opportunity to dig the streetbike out from hibernation, put 100 miles on it today.

Supposed to rain for the remainder of the weekend though, otherwise I'd swap the dirt tires back onto the 500 and go ride at my buddy's place.
LAYNFRM

Post by LAYNFRM »

Blusmbl wrote:We had our first genuinely nice day of the year here in Detroit. I took the opportunity to dig the streetbike out from hibernation, put 100 miles on it today.

Supposed to rain for the remainder of the weekend though, otherwise I'd swap the dirt tires back onto the 500 and go ride at my buddy's place.
are there really any nice days in detroit? hahahaha jfwy.

it sure is nice being somehwere that the weather give you the opportunity to ride every month out of the year. granted, it's hot as balls here in the spring, summer, and fall. or as i like to call our season's, winter, hot, summer, and WTF is going on here?
05 CR500AF Plated Supermotard/dual sport
01 XR650R Plated Supermotard
07 CRF80 mini-motard w/115 big bore
08 Polaris RZR
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Your thumb is freekin' me out....

:shock:
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

AlisoBob wrote:Your thumb is freekin' me out....

:shock:
No shit!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

LAYNFRM wrote: are there really any nice days in detroit? hahahaha jfwy.
It's a good day if I didn't have to use my AK. :cool: Honestly, I still have a job, so I'll count that as a win for the time being. :D

I've had other people comment on my thumbs, I guess not everyone is double jointed. Comes in handy when fingerdipping strippers!
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

that CB looks pretty clean....74?
robertg

Post by robertg »

south central hoon wrote:that CB looks pretty clean....74?
That would be my guess also. I think 75 had the bigger signal lights already. Didn't they move the key to the dash in 75 also? I had quite a few 550's and 500's in the early 80's.